NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

C6 rims on a C5?

6spdsforme

6spdsforme

I was wondering if the bigger standard rims on a C6 fit well on a C5? I don't know if the overall standing height difference between the 2 sets of rims and tires affects the alignment/handling? Also, I noticed that the wider than stock tires for my C5 have a shorter sidewall number, but I think that is a percentage value of the tire width, correct? If the tires on the back go from a 275/40 17, to 315/35 17, does it effect top end speed? I am sure the cornering has got to be better but is there any large sacrifice's else where?

Stock C6 wheels will need a spacer to fit properly on a C5 due to the offset. Not sure how much of a spacer though.

Front are fine, rear are wrong. They do make C6 repos in C5 offsets though.

JNMMotorsports

Stock C6 wheels will need a spacer to fit properly on a C5 due to the offset. Not sure how much of a spacer though.

are you buying them or have a line on them because I got the aftermarket ones for a C5

Also, I noticed that the wider than stock tires for my C5 have a shorter sidewall number, but I think that is a percentage value of the tire width, correct?

If the tires on the back go from a 275/40 17, to 315/35 17, does it effect top end speed?

6spdsforme

are you buying them or have a line on them because I got the aftermarket ones for a C5