NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Navigation

wallyworld

wallyworld

I am interested in having an aftermarket in dash Nav system with blue tooth phone installed in an 08 vert. Has anyone had experience with these and can offer any imput, the good, the bad, and the ugly all apply. Thanks, Randy

I can't help with your question, but I do have two things for you: 1. You need to update your avatar 2. You owe us pictures :lol

I think ChadC will have some insight on this, give it some time or shoot him a PM maybe

ebalentine

I am interested in having an aftermarket in dash Nav system with blue tooth phone installed in an 08 vert. Has anyone had experience with these and can offer any imput, the good, the bad, and the ugly all apply.

Thanks,

Randy

I am interested in having an aftermarket in dash Nav system with blue tooth phone installed in an 08 vert. Has anyone had experience with these and can offer any imput, the good, the bad, and the ugly all apply.

Thanks,

Randy

I had a aftermarket NAV installed on my 2005 C6 coupe. The radio was worse than my stock radio. It took the Installation store 8 hours to install it, the speakers contine to short out. I think today only one side of the speakers are actually working. I did not like their service (in Tempe). it also cost me $300 for the installion. I would stick with a good portable and then you can use it in any car.

I agree on not having an in dash nav system. My cell phone gives turn by turn directions and it goes with me everywhere.

My wife and I both use Garmin portables. She needs it because she travels for work and I just inherit her old one. I bought my Vette because it was one of the few I could find w/o Nav and OnStar.

I have the Pioneer AVD-3 in my C6 and it's pretty cool. I rarely need it though as I don't drive it daily but I love the huge hard drive which stores all my music.

Guest LOUDMIKE

I love the in dash units in all of my cars. It is like anything else. You get what you pay for. You par a $1 for install that is what you get. I have blue tooth, dvd, nav, satelite and an I-Pod in every car. The sound is far superior, easier to use and is just plain cool if you ask me. But nobody did again.