Powder Coating...valve covers, A/C and more!

F22trainer

You can still get GM weatherstrip directly from teh dealer, which is teh only weatherstrip worth a damn for AZ C4's. Be forewarned, I just finished buying every single piece, and it is a genuine wallet-buster! :facepalm:

yah - I already figured that out...I think the GM part for the rear glass was $320ish and I see Rock Auto and Zip have latex and repro for around $100. I believe the kits are around $600. Does that jibe with your wallet wounds?

Yep, $320.....I dropped a little over $1600 for everything. :eek

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• F22trainer

• Shifty

• Desertdawg

• P51tj

While in Texas, my sound deadening material arrived from RockAuto - along with the new wheel well hood seals. I did manage to get those on before the storms but haven't had a chance to see if they helped keep the inside cleaner! I do like the reduced hood shake / vibration that was a result of their replacement. Anyway, "Wrench Day" soon to install that new carpet / insul-mat and those shiny new valve covers. Anyone got any ideas for some kind of custom injector wire covers? Ed (BlewXU) are they (stock) still available from GM? (XXXXXX88H5129218)

While in Texas, my sound deadening material arrived from RockAuto - along with the new wheel well hood seals. I did mage to get those on before the storms but haven't had a chance to see if they helped keep the inside cleaner! I do like the reduced hood shake / vibration that was a result of their replacement.

Anyway, "Wrench Day" soon to install that new carpet / insul-mat and those shiny new valve covers.

Anyone got any ideas for some kind of custom injector wire covers?

Ed (BlewXU) are they (stock) still available from GM? (XXXXXX88H5129218)

Shoot me a PM when you plan on doing the carpet install Mike, I'll give you a hand. Just give me some notice, thanks.

While in Texas, my sound deadening material arrived from RockAuto - along with the new wheel well hood seals. I did mage to get those on before the storms but haven't had a chance to see if they helped keep the inside cleaner! I do like the reduced hood shake / vibration that was a result of their replacement.

Anyway, "Wrench Day" soon to install that new carpet / insul-mat and those shiny new valve covers.

Anyone got any ideas for some kind of custom injector wire covers?

Ed (BlewXU) are they (stock) still available from GM? (XXXXXX88H5129218)

Shoot me a PM when you plan on doing the carpet install Mike, I'll give you a hand. Just give me some notice, thanks.

you are at the top of the list - I'll be checking with you before I set the date to be sure you can make it!

• 2 weeks later...

New pic's got this installed - trying to set up a date to do the carpet and valve covers, but

finally had time to get this on the car:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hmmm.......interesting. I wonder if this will adversely affect your engine temperature though? That's got to cut your airflow at least 30% maybe? I'm interested to hear how this works out, was that something you fab'd or is someone making those as an aftermarket adder?

Hmmm.......interesting. I wonder if this will adversely affect your engine temperature though? That's got to cut your airflow at least 30% maybe? I'm interested to hear how this works out, was that something you fab'd or is someone making those as an aftermarket adder?

I've had the same perforated screen on mine for 3 years & no temp problems.

...that was my creation. It has been on for a week and I haven't noticed any change. Then again, I didn't see the temp go above 158 on the way to work this morning. LOL!

With that oversized radiator and the second fan, I have yet to see it get above 197, in traffic, with A/C on in the summer...unless I get low on coolant - that's how I know when to top it off. Damn light has never worked.(even with new sensor)

CARPET AND VALVE COVER INSTALL: Planning to do this on 10/30 Saturday...anyone wants to come over and help, please do! Most likely at Chameleons' garage. PM for addy / directions. Rumor has it - cinnamon rolls will appear. :welcome::ED: