Powder Coating...valve covers, A/C and more!

F22trainer

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• F22trainer

• Shifty

• Desertdawg

• P51tj

:picsstfu:

...that's what I wanted to hear :rolf

My "new" valve covers...total cost $75

Posted Image

door repair in progress...

Posted Image

kinda hard to see - but the door panels (both) had heat/stress induced cracks where staples were used to hold the weatherstrip in place. They were repaired with epoxy and backing material strategically placed to provide some support. The new weatherstrip was attached using silicone adhesive and clamped overnight

Posted Image

Upper trim piece had broken studs which hold it in place along the top of the door panel and hang / attach it to the door along the window rail. The drivers side only needed to have the studs epoxied to prevent them from spinning freely when the nuts went on. They were threaded steel studs - the one in the picture is an earlier production version with plastic studs that used speed nuts. They got replaced with an aluminum tubing which was notched on one end to fit over the plastic nub - the other end was threaded with 1/4 x 20 threads and then epoxied over the broken plastic stub.

Posted Image

These are the new steel door pull inserts (left) original plastic POS is on right.

Posted Image

Finished drivers door panel - note the abscence of rust stains around the bottom screws...now stainless truss heads screws that are lower profile than the original black steel screws.

Posted Image

Dash at the pilar was loose - thanks to the $1 install A-holes (they were the cause of many of the dash problems I discovered) - the primary attachment hole for the plastic instrument cluster receiver was broken around the bolt. This required cutting out a "hole", cutting the receiver and gluing the "hole" in place to the receiver, and the use of a larger oversized fender washer. Also notice the new dash panel on the passenger side and a new aluminum trim in the center cluster to attach the receiver to the upper dash pad. Let's just say that everything is now real solid.

Posted Image

had enough yet???

...I didn't think so:

Here's a nice close up of the new modified dash without the unsightly foam pad. You can also see the new alum trim that strengthens the center cluster attach point...yep, broken plastic.

Posted Image

Posted Image

a new promotional item being fabricated - oops, that's for a different car!

Posted Image

Never enough, but looking good. :thumbs

What about that steering wheel? Doing anything to that?

working on it...would like to get the 2-tone matching interior color replacement offered by Mid America - but at $300, I'm thinking of just have the leather refinished..........................................sometime.

Seat re-upholstery and rear carpet are next priority, unless something mechanical takes a shit.

Friggin' sweet Michael! If you want to redo all your carpet, let me know and I'll give you a hand.

Friggin' sweet Michael! If you want to redo all your carpet, let me know and I'll give you a hand.

THANKS TOM!

-right now, donations are what I need! :rimshot:

Pax door panel clamped and drying:

old broken foam along top edge was scraped out, new foam was inserted just to hold the proper shape, and the entire top edge of the upholstery covering was reglued and clamped in place with a 1" aluminum extrusion which has a lip that holds the vinyl edge to the molding along the weatherstrip. will dry for 36 hours.

Glue had to be injected into the seam to hold both the vinyl and foam attached to the plastic rail.

Posted Image

lookin good man ... cant wait to see it live in living color .... :rolleyes

Looks nice Michael, it's good to know AFTER we voted for the car of the month that your actually going to make it worthy!!! :lol

Looks nice Michael, it's good to know AFTER we voted for the car of the month that your actually going to make it worthy!!! :lol

:funnypost:

:rolf

:funnypost:

:rolf

it is - what it is, and it's not the first time I've made something great...

even better! :banannarainbow:

now if I could just figure out a way to replace all the orange wires it would be on the road to perfection!

:rimshot:

now if I could just figure out a way to replace all the orange wires it would be on the road to perfection!

For the right price, you could be a passenger in my orange vette too... :toetap

For the right price, you could be a passenger in my orange vette too... :toetap

Got it!

So how much are you going to pay me to take it for a ride and then verbously verbalize to the masses, my thrills in the Atomic Orange C6 :jester ?

If you ride with me I don't want anyone to know about it, the scared look on your face will tell the story... :lol

If you ride with me I don't want anyone to know about it, the scared look on your face will tell the story... :lol

it's kind of like "bitter beer face" - the look is result of the sphincter muscles trying to grasp the seat!

it's kind of like "bitter beer face" - the look is result of the sphincter muscles trying to grasp the seat!

I recently saw this look. . . :lol

As for the interior work, these pictures simply don't do justice to the amount of time, patience, ingenuity and TLC that went into almost entirely rebuilding both of these *&^%$#&@ panels! Not to mention repairing all the here-to-for unknown havoc wreaked upon the innards of the dash assemblies by the audio-install morons. :ack