NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

got my butt paiinted!

Guest 06yumavette

Totally reminds me of the ALMS cars. The return of the famous Blacktail! :banannasword:

Posted Image

old yeller

Not too crazy about the stripes now. But that is just me.

Eh, not my style... but hey, opinions are like a$$holes... everybody's got one! Different strokes for different folks! If you like it, then that's all that matters!

I THINK IT NEEDS A BIT OF YELLOW HIGH LIGHTING AS IN THE ALMS PHOTO CAR. IT WILL LOOK LIKE IT WAS FACTORY DONE (BALANCED). THE YING AND YANG THEARY...YA, THAT'S THE TICKET. BUT AS CHAD STATED EVERYONE HAS AN ASS HOLE AND THEY ALL STINK OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT!

SLAMMER

I like the new paint... I do not like the stripes because it doesnt go flow with the new paint.

PM Sent. I also LIKE IT. Then again, I am in search of the same idea for my 2000 FRC. Dare to be different and yes, you can't please everyone, but it is YOUR car, so do it how you wish to see it. If you REALLY cared what we thought, you would have posted this question prior to getting it painted. As many hours as I have invested into Photoshopping my own ride with this idea in mind, it may be the clash in stripes/back that don't "match" per say. If you look at the blue C5R, it too has an all black rear fascia, but the stripes are more powerful. If you went with painted stripes vs a "VetteStripes" stick on version, the stripes may have been more in line with the rear fascia being black. Overall, when you look at your ride, do YOU like it? If the answer is yes, that's all that matters. Big Poppa knows, I drive him CRAZY with my off the wall ideas. But in the end, it's all good if I like it. Please tell us: Who did your rear fascia paint? How long did it take? Can you PM me the price it cost to paint? Are your stripes decals or painted? How long did it take to get them installed? Thanks!!! Oh, and MORE PICS PLEASE

I THINK IT NEEDS A BIT OF YELLOW HIGH LIGHTING AS IN THE ALMS PHOTO CAR. IT WILL LOOK LIKE IT WAS FACTORY DONE (BALANCED). THE YING AND YANG THEARY...YA, THAT'S THE TICKET. BUT AS CHAD STATED EVERYONE HAS AN ASS HOLE AND THEY ALL STINK OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT!

SLAMMER

The more black, the better. :banannasword:

Tom is a Corvette Racing fan, and I think the 'homage' thing - pardon my french - looks wicked when done right. Good on ya Tom! :rockon2:

BTW, for the clueless - Corvette Racing used the black paint for strategic reasons long ago when it created the original BlackTail to hide oil residue that could have triggered a Black Flag from the Le Mans officials.

Posted Image