NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Need car trailer

Grape Ape

Well, my 2001 3.8 non-supercharged Grand Prix decided to start missing with the power being very minimal. Getting the code P0300 which is multiple misfiring. I thought it was the injectors so I put the old ones back in. I know they are good. Still missing. Changed the fuel filter with no help. Disconnected the catalytic converter and it still does it so I know it's not plugged. It's fairly new anyway. Been tuned up not to long ago as well. I pulled the wires off the coils one at a time while it was running and it wanted to die even more so I am assuming their ok. Didn't even get shocked. Lucky me. It has 126K on it so it does have some miles on it. What I need is a tow referral or a car trailer so I can take this thing to Joe at Classic. If anyone on the East side has anything they can refer me to that would be great. I don't think the thing will make to his shop the way it is so driving it there is not going to happen. Any shops on the East side by Crismon and Guadalupe area that won't rake me over the coals with a repair? Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

chevyguy1969

I'm on the west side but i have a 22' enclosed if needed.

PM replied Chester. 22' might be a bit to much for my puny 1/2 ton Cheby. Haven't really pulled anything with this truck so I don't know what it can handle. Thanks for the offers guys.

Thanks for the offers everyone. Joe said he could look at it this morning so I went and rented a U-Haul one. Truck pulled it very well. First time it has pulled something and I am pleased with it. Thanks again. :thumbs

:thumbs .........will do. Haven't heard anything yet. Hope that's not bad.....

You own a Vette and don't belong to a Motor Club with included towing??????? I have Allstate Motor Club and it covers whatever car I happen to be in, I get like 3 free tows a year

You own a Vette and don't belong to a Motor Club with included towing???????

Azmotorhead

Quit being so cheap and buy your wife the vette you really want.

Intake was going to be my guess as well as they are known for going bad on these. I was going to just buy one and install it but why waist the money if I don't know what it is for sure. Limited tooling here at home so take it to the pros that have the stuff to check it out.

old yeller

I had a couple of them crack on my Ford cars. They were plastic. P.O.S. :banannasword:

Desertdawg

...... I get like 3 free tows a year

is it hard finding shoes to fit with all those free toes ???

Ok, I'm dumb, but how does an intake go bad?

Yeah you are, and all it takes is some drugs, and maybe armed robbery to go bad!

Guest LOUDMIKE

These intakes go bad in a number of different ways. They have a coolant passage that goes right by the throttle body and Gm thin wall construction wears out dumping coolant into the intake manifold. They also have a tendancy to crack, warp and leak at the gaskets. Divine design is what I call them. They are a reall mess. You can get an perfect aftermarket replica for a couple hundred bucks now so not really that bad. I was doing so many of them in Colorado I could do with eyes closed. I even did one on an ex's car with just 5 tools. That was fun!! (arent they all ex's at some point?) Oh well digress. Let me know what they find!!

And the winner is..............................

My guess is intake manifold. Just an educated guess.