NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Catch Can

Bigfoot

I don't remember what I've posted about this, but I just wanted to give you guys some info and maybe help you guys make a decision.

I put this in a while ago. It's a cheapie off ebay that I made some modificatoins to it to make it more effective. I know the hoses are a bit long, but I'm deciding if I want to make a change to location (not many options because of my nitrous set-up) or just route them closer to the air bridge.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now as many of you know, I don't have cats. When I used to fire the car up in the garage or pull in after a drive, it would fill the garage with that old school smell that was around before cats. Ever since puting this in, that odor is ALL but gone. For the most part I don't notice any smells anymore. I also used to have a little smoke issue when hard on it at the drag strip or other. Hell, even at the auto-x day when I refired her she was pouring smoke out the back and scared the sh!t out of me thinking I had broken something.

I have not seen any smoke since the install of this either. It seems to be doing what it was intended for VERY well. We all know the LS1 was built with some loose tolerances and allows for some blow by...ok maybe a lot.

I emptied it about a month or two ago. I drained it again today. Keep in mind I drive the hell out of her. She's an auto that I drive like a manual. Controling almost every up and down shift all the time. She routinely sees 4,000+ RPMs when she's out. She also only comes out about 2 to 3 times max per week and in 4 years I've only put on about 20,000 miles. So in those 1 to 2 months since the last drain she has not seen a lot of miles.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Based on my results, I would not run any car that is driven hard without one of these again. :2cents

Ha, funny you post this now. I just ordered one and was planning on putting it one next week when it gets here. After looking into my intake after I changed it last week it needs one as well. And I don't drive it like you do. My old intake was pretty wet inside it. Thanks for the info. :thumbs

i have 2 on my car... on where yours is.. and one off the oil fill/ breather to collect vapor coming out of the valve covers

Is this specific to the LS1 and did they fix it by the LS3? Roger