NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Convert to Manual

Norse Pagan

Norse Pagan

Hey, I went and test drove a c6 z06 today.. I LOVED the feel of the manual, but I liked my car more in most other regards. That got me thinking... the only thing I really don't like about my car is that it's an auto. Is it possible to convert it to a manual? I've done it with older trucks before, but they don't have all that computer stuff that the vette does.

Here is a link from the CF Forum of someone going in the opposite direction. Maybe it will give you some help. Search around some more and I am sure youll find someone that has done it.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-tech/25...parts-list.html

Cheapest way is to trade someone that wants the opposite. It's stupid expensive to do the conversion.

I know of a forum member who hardely drives their Z, and might sell it.

shoot him a PM

Guest Kens06

I have an 03 MTI built 383 forged stroker with a brand new 6 speed and Textrelia clutch...

Check it out!!

Here are some pics since I don't think we have met!!

photobucket of Vettes I own...

Just an alternative

Ken

joe@cpr.com

yes it's possible and not as difficult as one may think. i converted my trans am from an auto to 6spd. a c5 will have a few more things needed but the computer part is actually the easiest part on the job.

corvettech

with a torch and a welder anything is possible... like someone else said yould be better off trading it for one that more suites your preference.

Bromley's Corvettes

I have put 5-speeds into C-3s that where autos its a ton of work if you dont have a shop with lots of tools and a welder and fab skills you wont want to mess with it. The cost of all the parts alone is pretty high with labor the total bill comes to $6500.00 thats on a C-3 I have never done a C-5. It makes a huge differance you can hall azz on the freeway at 100 + all day like a newer vette and get good m.p.g.s and the low first gear to lauch the car so its worth it but its not cheap.