Firebird Drags

Desertdawg

Bryan put this in the last email, but I thought I would start a post here too.

Anyone is welcome, it's run what you brung, I'm hoping for a new best with my ported intake now installed.

Come on out to watch and cheer us on if your to chicken to run. If this is your first time, there's plenty of know it all's that wil naswer all your questions...

We usually park just inside the gate, let us know if your coming, we can figure out where to meet up.

Hope to see you there. :cheers:

I am hoping for a 13.9 or better. Last time out was with the old transmission. It would shift from 1st to 2nd at about 4500 RPMs instead of 6000 and then slip between 2nd and 3rd. I did manage a 14.3 with all that. So, with the cool air, the better transmission I should get into the 13 second club if I can get something I have never had at Firebird --- traction.

Maybe I can convice Tracy to come out with the SS/T Ram and do a 17+ second run down the strip.

Hmmm... ya know, I never ran the T-bird after I added the TransGo to the 4R70W when I had it built for drag racing. Hmmm...

:burnout:

Hey Dan, are you ever going to get that thing reliable????

Your whining about breaking down is getting old, Come on get with the program here dangit :P:P:P

3,503 lbs of trouble
Hey Dan, are you ever going to get that thing reliable????

Your whining about breaking down is getting old, Come on get with the program here dangit :P  :P  :P

"And for my next trick, watch me pull $12K out of my rear"

Ouch! That's an image we're all going to have to live with! :eek: :eek:

3,503 lbs of trouble
"And for my next trick, watch me pull $12K out of my rear"

Ouch! That's an image we're all going to have to live with! :eek: :eek:

When?

Gates open @ 6:00pm on posted Friday nights. The first gate you come to, right behind the scoring tower is the only open one.

How Much?

Spectators admission is $10.00 and children 12 & under are FREE.

To race your vehicle is an ADDITIONAL $7.00

I usually try to get there between 5:30 and 6:-00, that way I can get lined up in tech, and try to get in a couple of runs before the lines start to form.

Last time I ran, I got in 3 runs in a row (no waiting) before the lines formed.

Thanks Dwayne. I'm 80% sure I'm going to be there with the truck. I asked a friend to come with me, but he bailed. Not necessarily a bad thing, means I can head down there earlier (he doesn't get out of work until 5). Kelly is working until 10 pm. Guess I?m driving down solo.

Dan, I want to race, you better show :cuss :D :cheers:

As the time draws closer the less inclined I feel like going. Just don't feel like driving over 250 miles round trip by myself.

Maybe next time when Kelly is off.

As the time draws closer the less inclined I feel like going. Just don't feel like driving over 250 miles round trip by myself.

Maybe next time when Kelly is off.

3,503 lbs of trouble
As the time draws closer the less inclined I feel like going.  Just don't feel like driving over 250 miles round trip by myself.