NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Calendar picture entry changes

Desertdawg

Desertdawg

I will add to this months rules. Last months winner used the ACE PM system to help garner more voters, while the increased activity on the forum is nice, I just can't allow this method of campaigning to continue. Repeated PM's to well over 300 members per month will get the ACE server listed on the blacklist again when nonactive members click "SPAM" on the emails sent to them because of the PM's. I can see how many PM's are sent through the software, so catching this problem isn't hard,.Anyone caught trying it again will get banned from the calendar contest! We now return you to our regularly scheduled program.

:galletos: With that said. I make a motion to award Michael (F22Trainer) the June winner and move right into July. If we are going to call it "cheating" then Michael deserves the win. :2cents

:galletos:

With that said. I make a motion to award Michael (F22Trainer) the June winner and move right into July. If we are going to call it "cheating" then Michael deserves the win. :2cents

old yeller

With that said. I make a motion to award Michael (F22Trainer) the June winner and move right into July.

Guest azz061

Well if thats how you all feel give it to him. My quick thinking and asking people to vote i see is no way cheating. I used the tools in front of me and won. Now i see there are new rules. Plus i didn't make them vote for me nor did i have any way to influence them to do so. All i did was ask for a vote and some did and others didn't. So i don't see how i cheated at all.

Guest azz061

With that said. I make a motion to award Michael (F22Trainer) the June winner and move right into July. If we are going to call it "cheating" then Michael deserves the win. :2cents

I hope no one is accusing Mike of cheating. He did abide by the rules that were in place at the time. Now the rules have changed for the good of the forum so going forward we all know we can't use pm's.

wickedfastvette

I hope no one is accusing Mike of cheating. He did abide by the rules that were in place at the time. Now the rules have changed for the good of the forum so going forward we all know we can't use pm's.

F22trainer

Thanks for the support and congrats Mike! While I had a hunch some kind of campaign was underway - it certainly wasn't against the rules at the time, in fact I considered doing similar messages to members I know personally but I just didn't have the time. Good call on the rule changes though - I'll just get some better pictures for next time. :grphug:

Thanks for the support and congrats Mike!

While I had a hunch some kind of campaign was underway - it certainly wasn't against the rules at the time, in fact I considered doing similar messages to members I know personally but I just didn't have the time.

Good call on the rule changes though - I'll just get some better pictures for next time. :grphug:

Not accusing anyone of cheating by any stretch of the imagination. Remember I did put it in quotes. It's just a personal feeling that if we are making that change, then well... Never mind, I'll let the masses speak.

ok grass burnouts i'm down!

Oh, you're so F'd now......I'm callin' you out on this during the Memorial Day bbq !!!!! :smilelol

Desertdawg

Just got logged in from flagstaff. Mike did not cheat, he used the PM system to his advantage, and I applaud him for getting in the game and winning. I then said that the PM and forum email system are not to be used to gather non-active members for voting again. Sorry Sean, Mike won fair and square! I am moving this discussion to a new thread and leaving this for the entries!!!

Red needs all the help it can get, perfectly understandable. :edward: [/taking notes on contest rules]

When this was started it was stated that "campaigning" would be part of it. We can now clarify that the campaigning needs to be in teh public forum. Mike has a hot looking car, no doubt that at some point it would've won regardless. It's all good