NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Kel-Tec PLR-16 Whadda ya think

Jester

I am thinking about buying one of these and wanted to know if you or anyone you may know has any experience with this model. Here is the spec *PACKAGE PLR 16 COMES WITH Muzzle Break,Compact Forend,Sling,Deflector Handle KEL-TEC CNC INDUSTRIES Model PLR-16 Long Range Pistol Kel-Tec Model PLR-16 10 + 1 Round 223 Rem. Long Range Pistol w/16" Barrel & Blue Finish The PLR-16 is a gas operated, semi-automatic pistol chambered in 5.56mm Nato caliber. It was designed as and is intended as a long range target and hunting pistol. It has a conventional gas piston operation and utilizes the proven M-16 breech locking system. The rear sight is adjustable for windage. The front sight is of M-16 type. An integrated MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny rail will accept a multitude of standard accessories. The muzzle end of the barrel is threaded 1/2"-28 to accept standard attachments such as a muzzle brake. Except for the barrel, bolt, sights, and mechanism, the PLR-16 pistol is made entirely of high impact glass fiber reinforced polymer. SPECIFICATIONS: Mfg Item Num: PLR16 Category: FIREARMS - HANDGUNS Type :Pistol Action :Single Action Only Caliber :223 Remington Barrel Length :9.2" Capacity :10 + 1 Safety :Ambidextrous Grips :Polymer Sights :Adjustable(Rear) - M-16 type (Front) Weight :51 oz Finish :Blue

I'll check with a friend of mine that has one with a laser unit on it.....pretty intimidating looking pistol :yeah:

I am thinking about buying one of these and wanted to know if you or anyone you may know has any experience with this model.

Here is the spec

*PACKAGE PLR 16 COMES WITH Muzzle Break,Compact Forend,Sling,Deflector Handle

KEL-TEC CNC INDUSTRIES Model PLR-16 Long Range Pistol

Kel-Tec Model PLR-16 10 + 1 Round 223 Rem. Long Range Pistol w/16" Barrel & Blue Finish

Barrel Length :9.2"

Weight :51 oz

I'm sure that it's fun to shoot, but you must have another good reason buying such a gun.

It's too heavy to carry. The barrell is too short to have any long range accuracy -- past 200yds. So besides the fun factor------it's too big to be a good pistol, and too small to be a good rifle.

Hawkeye