NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Which hood should I go with?

JNMMotorsports

Which hood?  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

JNMMotorsports

Please help me decide which hood to go with. I'm in need of a new hood due to all the heat the stock hood retains. I don't have the CCW wheels any more. I'm leaning towards the ZR hood since I've heard it fits decent and it's a reasonable price. The ACP hood's are going to cost more than the others. The hood I really wanted to go with is to much so I didn't add it to the poll (MCM).

Pics of my car:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wheels that will be going on the car:

Posted Image

VIS Fusion hood:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

ACP C5r hood:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

ACP Stinger:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

ZR hood:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tigershark hood:

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg266/jdcd_2001/untitled3333-1.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg266/jdcd_2001/TSHOOD4.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg266/jdcd_2001/TSHood.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg266/jdcd_2001/2TSHOOD.jpg

Ecklers hood:

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg266/jdcd_2001/S7300217.jpg

Man.........as much as I despise Ecklers as a company.........I gotta go with that one. The ZR would be a close second choice

Desertdawg

I agree with the ecklers hood, but think the tiger shark would be second!

Chad has been down this road in the past. He will list the best to worst.

the APC stinger is great, but hard to find. If the mold is still alive it may be in production.

Chad suggests to look again at the MCM but in all fiberglass vs Carbon fiber. it will be cheaprer. Ecklers at one time had a Fiberglass MCM for 799.00

the Zr hood is a good looking knock off of the MCM.

the VIS fusion screames ricer gay boy, BUT Chad has seen it painted red with low key black only in the vents. Chad thought it looked awesome.

here is a c6 with VIS and a nice paint job to cut down on the Ricer Boy look

APC c5r. Unless you are on the track racing cool. otherwise gay.

Ecklers hood is gay. it looks too much like a ws6 trans am facing backwards.

Tigershark is awefull. the up sweep starts to earley on the nose and disrupts the flow/lines of the car.

JNMMotorsports

Chad has been down this road in the past. He will list the best to worst.

the APC stinger is great, but hard to find. If the mold is still alive it may be in production.

Chad suggests to look again at the MCM but in all fiberglass vs Carbon fiber. it will be cheaprer. Ecklers at one time had a Fiberglass MCM for 799.00

the Zr hood is a good looking knock off of the MCM.

the VIS fusion screames ricer gay boy, BUT Chad has seen it painted red with low key black only in the vents. Chad thought it looked awesome.

APC c5r. Unless you are on the track racing cool. otherwise gay.

Ecklers hood is gay. it looks too much like a ws6 trans am facing backwards.

Tigershark is awefull. the up sweep starts to earley on the nose and disrupts the flow/lines of the car.

Desertdawg

Chad knows his shit. .

Oh, don't say that about Chad, now he will walk around here for days with a swell head and he'll start talking about himself in the third person! :Pfffff:

JNMMotorsports

Chad knows his shit. .

Oh, don't say that about Chad, now he will walk around here for days with a swell head and he'll start talking about himself in the third person! :Pfffff:

Added

the VIS racing is not the worst..

Posted Image

I thought that hood looked ugly on a C5.

JNMMotorsports

Added

the VIS racing is not the worst..

Posted Image

I thought that hood looked ugly on a C5.

Desertdawg

chad is just spitballing ideas :)

John likes the way Chad thinks lol.

OMG! I'm going to be sick!

U2 need to get a room! :lol

wickedfastvette

I like the ZR hood then the Ecklers, but prefer the MCM hoods.

As far as looks go, I like the Ecklers (crappy company) then the ZR. Can't testify to function though. Agree with Chad on a couple others looking ricer/ghey. The ACP Stinger looks like a pair of notsrils coming at you. :U

Since MCM is NOT an option...even thought you can find a decent deal on them on occasion (right Ken and Glen), then i say the ZR hood!

The silver vette w/ the Stinger Hood & Tiger Shark Design bumper looks BAD A$$! That's my vote. In addition to looking cool, I think you'll be more unique w/ that hood. :2cents

This pic looks awesome :yeah:

Posted Image

Of course, I'm a little biased on this look :lol

The same hood with the vents on either side would be a close second, as they just might be located right above the turbos on your car :ok:

I think the ugliest is the ACP, It's very reminiscent of the late 70's... I like simple, functional and subtle, some of those make a Vette look like a Firebird.

If your temps are too high right now, just don't latch the hood until you get a replacement. IMHO, the hood that'll extract the most heat from the right locations for your application would trump the appearance. Also consider where the air is entering the engine bay. The flow is important. Then pick from that list what looks you can live with.

That stinger hood is bad ass... it would also let the heat out right at the turbos... second choice is the C5R hood...

Im another MCM hood guy. It just flows so good with the C5 lines. As far as heat issues I think the ACP C5R hood would do the best job.

If your temps are too high right now, just don't latch the hood until you get a replacement.

IMHO, the hood that'll extract the most heat from the right locations for your application would trump the appearance. Also consider where the air is entering the engine bay. The flow is important.

Then pick from that list what looks you can live with.

I'm just not a big fan of vent type hoods sorry, but the ZR and Ecklers are both cool and voted for the ZR hood. However, I think they are both cool lookin'.