NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

an EXTREME warning

SLAMMER

I'm not too pleased with the treatment I received from EXTREME MOTOR SPORTS over the past 1 1/2 months. two transmissions and a missing hose clamp that covered the bottom, sides and rear of the car in transmission fluid. This could have been a very big fire hazard I learned later. Jan at the least threw his machanic under the bus and at the worst lied about where the leak came from. Some one forgot to put a 2nd hose clamp on a after market transmission oil cooler splice in the hose where a brass barbed coupler was added. Then after Jan pointed out the two metal lines coming from the side of the pan behind the passenger header and told me three times that is where the leak came from. I told him what really happened. That is why the header has burned oil on the front and outside sections of it.

THE CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM I FOUND

Posted Image

NOT THE REAL LEAK BUT SOME HOW A SECOND CLAMP WAS INSTALLED ANYWAY

Posted Image

WHY WOULD YOU PUT A CLAMP ON A HOSE THAT WAS NOT LEAKING.

Posted Image

THIS IS WHY THE LEAK WAS FORWARD OF THE STEEL LINES. BEHIND THE HEADER IS THE STEEL LINES. SEE THEM.

NO YOU CAN'T THAT IS WHY YOU DON'T GET FLUID ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE HEADER FROM THIS KIND OF LEAK

DOSN'T MAKE FOR A TRUSTING BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP.

I ALSO HAD A SECOND SET OF EYES AND EARS THERE TO CONFIRM THE MORNINGS EVENTS.

WOW... that sucks... There are other qualified shops in the area.. I take mine to ADS.. Always been treated right.

Wow, sorry you're having such a hard time there. Word of mouth goes along way and the Corvette community is pretty tight, hope they make it right for you....or you find a place that will. Keep us posted. :thumbs

I'm not too pleased with the treatment I received from EXTREME MOTOR SPORTS over the past 1 1/2 months. two transmissions and a missing hose clamp that covered the bottom, sides and rear of the car in transmission fluid. This could have been a very big fire hazard I learned later. Jan at the least threw his machanic under the bus and at the worst lied about where the leak came from. Some one forgot to put a 2nd hose clamp on a after market transmission oil cooler splice in the hose where a brass barbed coupler was added. Then after Jan pointed out the two metal lines coming from the side of the pan behind the passenger header and told me three times that is where the leak came from. I told him what really happened. That is why the header has burned oil on the front and outside sections of it.

THE CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM I FOUND

Posted Image

NOT THE REAL LEAK BUT SOME HOW A SECOND CLAMP WAS INSTALLED ANYWAY

Posted Image

WHY WOULD YOU PUT A CLAMP ON A HOSE THAT WAS NOT LEAKING.

Posted Image

THIS IS WHY THE LEAK WAS FORWARD OF THE STEEL LINES. BEHIND THE HEADER IS THE STEEL LINES. SEE THEM.

NO YOU CAN'T THAT IS WHY YOU DON'T GET FLUID ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE HEADER FROM THIS KIND OF LEAK

DOSN'T MAKE FOR A TRUSTING BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP.

I ALSO HAD A SECOND SET OF EYES AND EARS THERE TO CONFIRM THE MORNINGS EVENTS.

Not the first or second problem I've heard about them. At least it seems it's taken care of now.

I had an issue with their attention to detail or lack thereof when the put a torque converter in my ride. Seems they didn't read how to properly fill the tranny afterwards and, as Big Poppa's windshield will attest, they overfilled it by a ton. Finding enough towels to clean all of the tranny fluid off of the back of my car and the windshield of anyone following me was fun after 5 hours of blow off. :facepalm:

I had an issue with their attention to detail or lack thereof when the put a torque converter in my ride. Seems they didn't read how to properly fill the tranny afterwards and, as Big Poppa's windshield will attest, they overfilled it by a ton. Finding enough towels to clean all of the tranny fluid off of the back of my car and the windshield of anyone following me was fun after 5 hours of blow off. :facepalm:

There is a LOT more to this story that Tim is being professional and not sharing ...yet. Like a gerbil Tim, ...I hope everything comes out in the end ok.

There is a LOT more to this story that Tim is being professional and not sharing

...yet.

Like a gerbil Tim,

..I hope everything comes out in the end ok.

JNMMotorsports

Sorry to hear about your situation. This is one reason I do all my own work.

as Big Poppa's windshield will attest, they overfilled it by a ton.

Well, tonight we went through Slammers car and gave it the treatment to finally get rid of the rest of the tranny fluid all over the car. After two complete coats of the Foam Cannon as well as the two buckets with extra soap. The car has minimal damage from sanding the car when it was washed at the shop. Next week I will finish correcting the paint problems with the Flex in the shop. But for now the car is back to bling and beauty. Slammer is one of the nicest guys I have ever been thankful to call a true friend. He is a very truthful bend over backwords family and friends kind of guy. Way to go Tim for being a Super Trooper during these crapy times, hang in there your car is back to spinning tires and lighting fires.

Well, tonight we went through Slammers car and gave it the treatment to finally get rid of the rest of the tranny fluid all over the car. After two complete coats of the Foam Cannon as well as the two buckets with extra soap. The car has minimal damage from sanding the car when it was washed at the shop. Next week I will finish correcting the paint problems with the Flex in the shop. But for now the car is back to bling and beauty. Slammer is one of the nicest guys I have ever been thankful to call a true friend. He is a very truthful bend over backwords family and friends kind of guy. Way to go Tim for being a Super Trooper during these crapy times, hang in there your car is back to spinning tires and lighting fires.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP AND SUPPORT ROBERT!! YOUR NOT TOO BAD YOURSELF :thumbs

SLAMMER

old yeller

your car is back to spinning tires and lighting fires.

your car is back to spinning tires and lighting fires.

Maybe that's why they left the lines loose............ :unsure

CAN YOU IMAGIN IF THE CAR DID CATCH ON FIRE AND WAS A COMPLETE LOSS. :devil10: I'LL BET I WOULD STILL BE REQUIRED TO PAY THE REPAIR BILL? :.....

CAN YOU IMAGIN IF THE CAR DID CATCH ON FIRE AND WAS A COMPLETE LOSS.

Take it to a Stealership and file a warranty claim.

:leaving

Calm down Tim, Ed is only joking! Funny joke ha ha