NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

TTi Turbo System complete

9Tthree

Fellow ACE'ers - Posting this for a real good friend of mine in Vegas. Dell is the "head driver" (same enfluential position that Dawg has for ACE) for the SCV group - Sin City Vettes. Dell has a '03 Spiral Gray vert with the LS1 - I believe . . . or did have until an tech from a repair shop felt that he needed to crank the boost to 15 and take it for a "test drive". Anyway, he had his Vette hauled down to Xtreme Motorsports in Mesa, removed the turbo's and had new "Caddie" crate engine installed. I can vouch for the fact that Dell NEVER mistreated the Vette when he owned the TTi system. Engine and COMPLETE TTi system all for sale. Engine and TTI Sytem can be sold separately. What follows is the ad from Xtreme Motorsports: "Anyone looking for a used TTI Turbo kit with 8 month old turbos rebuilt by TTI less than 8 months ago and very low milage? Comes with a Gauge piller, boost and fuel. Also included the engine that the kit was on, recently rebuilt by the owner up in Las Vegas but too much boost has damaged one cylinder, #5 has too much leak down. 6000.00 is what the owner is asking for all the parts, we are taking out the kit and replacing the motor for him this week. We will post pictures when the kit is off." Info contact Jan @ 480-517-4969 Sales@xmsengineering.com

vettelover

Fellow ACE'ers - Posting this for a real good friend of mine in Vegas. Dell is the "head driver" (same enfluential position that Dawg has for ACE) for the SCV group - Sin City Vettes. Dell has a '03 Spiral Gray vert with the LS1 - I believe . . . or did have until an tech from a repair shop felt that he needed to crank the boost to 15 and take it for a "test drive". Anyway, he had his Vette hauled down to Xtreme Motorsports in Mesa, removed the turbo's and had new "Caddie" crate engine installed. I can vouch for the fact that Dell NEVER mistreated the Vette when he owned the TTi system. Engine and COMPLETE TTi system all for sale. Engine and TTI Sytem can be sold separately. What follows is the ad from Xtreme Motorsports:

"Anyone looking for a used TTI Turbo kit with 8 month old turbos rebuilt by TTI less than 8 months ago and very low milage? Comes with a Gauge piller, boost and fuel. Also included the engine that the kit was on, recently rebuilt by the owner up in Las Vegas but too much boost has damaged one cylinder, #5 has too much leak down. 6000.00 is what the owner is asking for all the parts, we are taking out the kit and replacing the motor for him this week. We will post pictures when the kit is off."

Info contact Jan @ 480-517-4969

Sales@xmsengineering.com

How much for just the engine? Any ideas on the extent/cost of the damage? New rings? Torched pistons? Valve damage? If the engine is salvageable for minimal cost I might be interested for a hot rod project. Thanks!

Vettelover - NO - Jan and crew had nothing to do with the engine problem - that was some stupid a$$ tech in the Vegas area. Jan will have to answer on the installation $$. On the LS6 - I thought I heard it was the last crate engine they had. Manthony - we believe the engine is in VERY good condition - just a minor leak down on #5. It still runs strong. The owner just didn't want to ship the engine back to Vegas to sell it. The engine is very salvageable. Had less than 10K on a full overhaul done in Vegas. It would be a really good buy for a "rod" project.

Is this the Stage 1, 2, 3 or Stage X kit? If its the Stage X, Stage X lite? If its the Stage X, is it the 59mm turbos or 62/65 mm?

Is this the Stage 1, 2, 3 or Stage X kit? If its the Stage X, Stage X lite? If its the Stage X, is it the 59mm turbos or 62/65 mm?

ICU - that's a Jan at Xtreme question. I wouldn't have the slightest idea. Looking at my avatar, you know that system didn't come off of my ride . . . not that it couldn't, I guess - but she's a "stock" unit and a 93 LT1 wouldn't know what to do with fuel rammed down it's throat. She gets "skittish" when I approach her with a new battery. :willy

Not to be the one who says something is too expensive, but I think I paid 6k for my TTI stage 1 system NEW. A hurt motor isnt worth much IMO.. Anyway... I sold my set up for $4000 to a guy in Florida over 3 years ago.... And Kev had his Stage 1 system before me.

vettelover

Not to be the one who says something is too expensive, but I think I paid 6k for my TTI stage 1 system NEW. A hurt motor isnt worth much IMO.. Anyway... I sold my set up for $4000 to a guy in Florida over 3 years ago.... And Kev had his Stage 1 system before me.

with this being saaid how many miles were run on this setup?

if Jan or Randy isn't the ones that are posting this on here I think they should get themselves an account

-Dave

Ragtop... That post back to CF is from 2004.... That is over 6 years ago...LOL And the guys running those times were all on forged motors.. I should know they are all my friends in forced induction... 6k for EVERYTHING isnt a bad deal.... I called Nick from TTi... (A very good friend of mine)... And he said he is willing to field any questions about the kit. Here is the contact information Turbo Technology Inc Phone:253.475.8319 The turbos are very low mileage, but they were rebuilt 2 years ago says Nick. Also.. this kit is no longer produced. The only kit TTi makes is the Stage X for the Corvette (in its various configurations) For those who I have given joy rides to ... This is NOT the same kit that is in my car... but I have owned this kit before I upgraded to the Stage X.. If you want a fun street turbo kit (10# of boost on a stock motor).. This maybe a good kit for you. It should make between 450-500 hp with methanol and pump gas... The turbos are small, so they spool up fast.. You will be at 10# boost by 2800 RPM!

Ragtop... That post back to CF is from 2004.... That is over 6 years ago...LOL

And the guys running those times were all on forged motors.. I should know they are all my friends in forced induction...

6k for EVERYTHING isnt a bad deal....

I called Nick from TTi... (A very good friend of mine)... And he said he is willing to field any questions about the kit.

Here is the contact information

Turbo Technology Inc

Phone:253.475.8319

The turbos are very low mileage, but they were rebuilt 2 years ago says Nick.

Also.. this kit is no longer produced. The only kit TTi makes is the Stage X for the Corvette (in its various configurations)

For those who I have given joy rides to ... This is NOT the same kit that is in my car... but I have owned this kit before I upgraded to the Stage X..

If you want a fun street turbo kit (10# of boost on a stock motor).. This maybe a good kit for you. It should make between 450-500 hp with methanol and pump gas... The turbos are small, so they spool up fast.. You will be at 10# boost by 2800 RPM!

Ragtop... That post back to CF is from 2004.... That is over 6 years ago...LOL

And the guys running those times were all on forged motors.. I should know they are all my friends in forced induction...

6k for EVERYTHING isnt a bad deal....

I called Nick from TTi... (A very good friend of mine)... And he said he is willing to field any questions about the kit.

Here is the contact information

Turbo Technology Inc

Phone:253.475.8319

The turbos are very low mileage, but they were rebuilt 2 years ago says Nick.

Also.. this kit is no longer produced. The only kit TTi makes is the Stage X for the Corvette (in its various configurations)

For those who I have given joy rides to ... This is NOT the same kit that is in my car... but I have owned this kit before I upgraded to the Stage X..

If you want a fun street turbo kit (10# of boost on a stock motor).. This maybe a good kit for you. It should make between 450-500 hp with methanol and pump gas... The turbos are small, so they spool up fast.. You will be at 10# boost by 2800 RPM!

Ragtop, I'm not trying to block your sale.. I said it was a good price... Please don't take offense to my posts... Most people on here do not know the PITA it is to get a turbo set up right. I have spent thousands to get my x kit the way it should be. If you are looking for a good shop in Vegas you need to try Jeff at Total Performance. He is a TTi dealer, and has tons of experience, and is a good friend of mine. If you call, tell him you spoke to Glenn in AZ.. He will take care of you.

Ragtop,

I'm not trying to block your sale.. I said it was a good price... Please don't take offense to my posts...

Most people on here do not know the PITA it is to get a turbo set up right. I have spent thousands to get my x kit the way it should be.

If you are looking for a good shop in Vegas you need to try Jeff at Total Performance. He is a TTi dealer, and has tons of experience, and is a good friend of mine. If you call, tell him you spoke to Glenn in AZ.. He will take care of you.

Guest LOUDMIKE

Ragtop,

I'm not trying to block your sale.. I said it was a good price... Please don't take offense to my posts...

Most people on here do not know the PITA it is to get a turbo set up right. I have spent thousands to get my x kit the way it should be.

If you are looking for a good shop in Vegas you need to try Jeff at Total Performance. He is a TTi dealer, and has tons of experience, and is a good friend of mine. If you call, tell him you spoke to Glenn in AZ.. He will take care of you.

OOOOH OOOOOOH ME!!! I KNOW HOW BIG A "PITA" A TWIN TURBO SETUP IS!! I'm still in therapy!! MOMMY!!!

:banghead

Well on the big forum Jeff gets nothing but ravs and I have not heard other wise in AZ... FWIW... most of the people on this board don't use Xtreme... but if you had a good experience then kudos to you... If I were you.. I would pull the motor, put a set of low compression pistons in, keep the stock crank and use ARP main bolts... and put the Stage 1 kit back on... You wont be into the set up more than 4k by anyones book. You already have the car tuned, so you don't have to waste anymore $ on that. Believe me... I know your pain.. one of my X kit turbos went out and I upgraded to the new percision 62/65mm turbos... That upgrade alone cost me 8k... almost 4k for new turbos, labor, and then all the work and little things ADS found that needed to be fixed since we were in there. Wife was not happy.... but now my car is better than new.

Well on the big forum Jeff gets nothing but ravs and I have not heard other wise in AZ... FWIW... most of the people on this board don't use Xtreme...

but if you had a good experience then kudos to you...

If I were you.. I would pull the motor, put a set of low compression pistons in, keep the stock crank and use ARP main bolts... and put the Stage 1 kit back on... You wont be into the set up more than 4k by anyones book. You already have the car tuned, so you don't have to waste anymore $ on that.

Believe me... I know your pain.. one of my X kit turbos went out and I upgraded to the new percision 62/65mm turbos... That upgrade alone cost me 8k...

almost 4k for new turbos, labor, and then all the work and little things ADS found that needed to be fixed since we were in there. Wife was not happy.... but now my car is better than new.