NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Bowling Green Assembly Plant tour

Tim

I attended the Bowling Green Assembly Plant tour today. It was F#@#$%$ awesome!!!!!

They were building the Z06’s, ZR1 and Grand Sports…a lot of Grand Sports!!! (that is a damn nice car!!!) Amazing!!!!

The tour was pretty quick..well maybe an hour…but I should have hung there all day!!! I lagged behind the tour group and spoke with a couple of the workers.

At one stop, where they fill the newly married body, chassy and engine with fluid, the tour guide was going blah, blah, blah and I was looking over the cars and one of the guys walked over asked me if I had one picked out yet. He said they seemed to be selling a lot of GS’s. I asked him about the fender stripes and he said they normally just get tossed in the back and the dealership installs them. He asked me if I liked the wider body and I said what’s not to like!!!!

We watched a them marry up a Zo6’s mufflers, while another guy stuck in the taillights.

Actually got watch a new Grand Sport come off the line and run over the ‘suspension’ activation section (floor) and then into the section where they align the headlights.

We got to see a Z06 enter the final test chamber where they run 200 + tests in two minutes. This one passed.

It was MOST EXCELLENT!!!! (Wayne’s World).

The NCM was good, but the plant tour overshadowed it…by far.

It was cool to see the V12 and the only surviving 1983. Boo..not a crossfire in sight..not an 84 there at all.

Posted Image

Posted Image

It was awesome!!!! I loved walking through the different processes and seeing buckets of parts that I have taken off my own car. The whole deal was very cool... Too bad our timing didn't work out better, I couldn't think of a better place for a good man date.

Very cool Tim! WHAT!? No Crossfire's. That's just wrong...bastards! :facepalm:

That is flippen badd A__! It really makes me want to order my next Corvette instead of purchasing used. I have my eye on the second year of the new C7's. Awesome and would definately be wanting a brick somewhere next to the ACE group, just doesn't look like there is any room.

That is flippen badd A__! It really makes me want to order my next Corvette instead of purchasing used. I have my eye on the second year of the new C7's. Awesome and would definately be wanting a brick somewhere next to the ACE group, just doesn't look like there is any room.

Yeah...bricks looks great....there is no room, but I get we could do a second...but it would end up way in the back.

Marco could get one of the lil' ones there....