NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Do you think it could happen?

Desertdawg

Desertdawg

So watching the new """ Production Derived """ (what ever that means) Ferrari 599 set a new speed record for --- umm --- production derived sports cars, I got to thinking about Victor talking about the new ZR1 runflats and how good they are supposed to be.

Do you think GM should take the ring again with the new rubber ??? I would love to see it.

They had to trailer it to the track and trailer it home.... if that tells you anything!

Ferrari 599 speed run at the ring!

The "My God isn't that sweet ZR1 run at the ring!!!! Turn up the sound

6 minutes 10 seconds to 6:25 .. gives me goose pimples!!!! Skirting on the edge of grip he is... :eek

I love watching Ring vids. :thumbs Put the ZR1 on better tires and she'll do much better. The GY's suck azz. You can even see one point where he throws up his right hand as he loses grip. Top speed I saw on the ZR1 was maybe 180...looked like the Ferrari hit about 192 after a bit of dimensional analysis. But that was a full on race car no doubt. Roll cage, steering column, harness etc. No way that's a "based" street car. :toetap

The ZR1 was on PS2 ZP's, which come from the factory on ZR1's. They're still street tires to the Ferrari's full blown race slicks, and the Viper GTS's DOT legal race tires, but at least they weren't Good Years...

You're not tryin' if you ain't cheatin' - and it ain't cheatin' unless you get caught. That said, it would be....nice....to see Mags take a lap behind the wheel of some Smokey-Yunick-ed special (smaller blower pulley, whatever) on some equivalent rubber. :pensativo:

I just read an article about something called a Gumpert Apollo that supposedly cuts a wicked lap there as well.

There's always something faster.

LOL, that looked like me trying to catch Mike and Victor going to the Pavilions, but then you would have seen Robert passing me at... (speed classified) :facepalm: Nice vid anyway. :partydance:

Ok I am sorry but I just cannot stand the sound of those Italian cars. It is like nails on a chalk board to me. I couldn't even finish the video, had to stop take a breath and felt much better when I heard the sound of an American Motor. Case in point, that was no reguler Ferrari, come on role cage, yada yada. What happen to the luxury items. I thought they had all kinds of specific rules and details to the vehicles to be claimed as there times. But for sure you could here the tires of our Vette pushed at there limits for sure. Put much better tires on there and see what that Vette can do. Oh wait lets make it fair and gut out our car, throw in a role cage yada yada. If you have to cheat to win,then you new going into it that you had to cut corners to gain an edge. That just shows how much of a threat an American Automobile really is to European Technology noise making crap. Oh and if America wanted to spend a million dollars and developing the worlds best machine we could and it wuld be just that much better compared to our counter parts, I'm just sayin. WISHBONE OUT

Desertdawg

Posted Image

I knew you would be here posting that, and yes I watched the viper with the picnic table posing as a wing on a race car video to, I will say it's an awesome machine but it's still a one off race car!

Power comes from an 8.4-liter aluminum V10 engine that produces 600 horsepower and 560 lb-ft. of torque.

Viper = 7:22.1

ZR1 = 7:26.4

4.3 seconds on race slicks!

We don't need no stinkin' wings!

Posted Image

Desertdawg

Top speed I saw on the ZR1 was maybe 180...looked like the Ferrari hit about 192 after a bit of dimensional analysis.

The Ferrari was hit 300 kmh which equals about 220mph.

Desertdawg

Yeah I agree the wing works, at speed making over 1000 pounds of downforce, but why mess up the lines of the car with that picnic table, maybe because without it the thing has no traction in a corner at speed??? I think Yogi wants his table back!!!

maybe because without it the thing has no traction in a corner at speed??

Desertdawg

If the stock coupe corners ok then why the huge wing on the ACR? I'm sure they could have found something else to eat their lunch on!!! :lol

Desertdawg

Oh don't tell me Dodge is bolting on parts to pretend to be like a real race car, isn't that like rice???

Desertdawg

True. But I can also go back and edit my post above.. :lol

Desertdawg

I was just going to edit the wing works comment above... :toetap My thread is about tires and the ZR1 so it's not a dupe... really it's not!

hence the word, derived. Maybe I'm reaching, but what else are we doing at this hour :lol

Desertdawg

You brought the viper to the party, at this hour I would rather look at pron instead of try to get you to see the Corvette is superior!