NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

I joined a new clique today

Desertdawg

Desertdawg

We woke up to a dripping hot water heater, so Eddie and Sean can I join your clicuk ??? Why do all the water heater boxes say "Do not lay flat, keep upright" on them???? No one at Lowes knew the answer and mine did just fine after the ride home layed down in the back of the truck! One duffas even tried to tell me it was because of the oil not staying in the compressor :lol

wickedfastvette

That's a bummer Dwayne, someone seriously told you that it had a compressor in it?

I figure I'm about due again (knock on wood). I did mine about 10 yrs ago.

I don't know why they say that, but I stood mine up in the back of the truck and brought it home...you damn rule breaker. :lol I bought the 12 year warranty one...hope that makes a difference. :xfinger Oh, and welcome aboard. :thumbs

Actually if you lay it on its side the inner liner could break and collapse.

I had to lay mine down... Tahoe's not a vert. :wink: No problems with install (gas), startup, or longevity so far, and it's been a year. Of course, it WAS the same weekend, just two days earlier that I'd sold the truck to help buy the Vette. Murphy's Law sucks sometimes! :smilelol

Your clique just BOILS my Rearend.

Desertdawg

I bought the 12 year warranty one...hope that makes a difference. :xfinger

Mine came with a 6 year warranty, didn't pay for the extra, the one I just took out was 13 years old!

That makes sense, got the gas hooked up, water lines connected fired it up and we got hot water so I hope it's ok.

We have noticed the flow is reduced from the old one, so a couple of questions, I had buy new nipples (no that's not a tag line) the new ones have rubber flaps inside them, could this be the reason the flow is reduced? I put both flaps up. Also after I filled it with water I thought to myself, "self, I hope there was no plastic inserts where the nipples went because if there were I didn't remove them" then I had a beer!

So did I screw up with either not taking out the protective inserts, or the flaps oriented wrong????

No. About 3 to 4 years ago the Goverment passed a new regulation to reduce scalding of the poor little helpless children whoes parents are dumb ducks, by placing a restrictor inside the tank and cutting back the flow of hot water. The restrictor is directely on the pickup tube it self. I try to find the article again.

I had to replace my leaking water heater two months ago. Can I be in this clique?

But there's no extra points for hot rodding and it's likely nobody will drool over the newest one in cyber grey. :smilelol

Hey thats a great idea!!! THX!!! :ED:

I bought the 12 year warranty one...hope that makes a difference. :xfinger

Mine came with a 6 year warranty, didn't pay for the extra, the one I just took out was 13 years old!

Desertdawg

They were more like baffles not check valves, the rubber flexed both ways... And The told me this model had synthetic compressor oil.

They were more like baffles not check valves, the rubber flexed both ways...

And The told me this model had synthetic compressor oil.

Royal Purple has synthetic compressor oil. :leaving