NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Police FAIL

ChadC

It jumped outta gear......ok

Back in the mid 70's we had Mercury Montego patrol cars and they did jump into reverse. Phx PD had at least 3 incidents that I know of. We were instructed to shut the car off when we made a traffic stop. They soon discovered that when you shut them off the batteries would go dead if the radio and overhead lights were on very long. Someone actually suggested that the cops carry wheel chalks to put out whenever they stopped someone. They just turned them into unmarked cars instead.

BTW Dawg, NO THAT WASN'T ME! :lol

Back in the mid 70's we had Mercury Montego patrol cars and they did jump into reverse. Phx PD had at least 3 incidents that I know of. We were instructed to shut the car off when we made a traffic stop. They soon discovered that when you shut them off the batteries would go dead if the radio and overhead lights were on very long. Someone actually suggested that the cops carry wheel chalks to put out whenever they stopped someone. They just turned them into unmarked cars instead.

Back in Bedrock when you were in patrol training, you were supposed to use your feet to stop the car like the Flintstones.

Back in Bedrock when you were in patrol training, you were supposed to use your feet to stop the car like the Flintstones.

Listen here Rookie! You were just a glimmer when I was in Patrol. Where were you in 1973? :toetap

Listen here Rookie! You were just a glimmer when I was in Patrol. Where were you in 1973? :toetap

Was he even born yet? :smilelol

I was out of diapers by then.

Desertdawg

I was out of diapers by then.

I think I was eating cheeto's by 1973