NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

1997 Coupe For Sale

Buccaneer

This isn't mine and I have no vested interest in this sale, I'm doing it as a courtesy for this guy who was pretty nice. I saw this guy at the Chandler show last Friday and he was selling it. It's a very nice car BTW. Here's the details and number if interested. 1997 C5 Corvette Coupe 50K, LS1, Auto W/OD, factory CD, Original Torch Red paint (looks nice btw), black interior (also nice), New Michelin run flats, C6 style chrome wheels, Magna flow exh, excellent condition inside and out (it really is) Stock wheels and car cover included in the sale. $21K OBO. Contact: Pat Goodwin H: 480-354-7691 C: 480-201-3192

I hear ya, but that's what he had it for sale for. I would think 15K would be max since its a very nice car.

Good luck on the sale, he may want to look @ Auto Trader for an idea or KBB. Excellent $14,580 Looks new, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no reconditioning. Never had any paint or body work and is free of rust. Clean title history and will pass a smog and safety inspection. Engine compartment is clean, with no fluid leaks and is free of any wear or visible defects. Complete and verifiable service records. Less than 5% of all used vehicles fall into this category. Good $13,780 Free of any major defects. Clean title history, the paints, body, and interior have only minor (if any) blemishes, and there are no major mechanical problems. Little or no rust on this vehicle. Tires match and have substantial tread wear left. A "good" vehicle will need some reconditioning to be sold at retail. Most consumer owned vehicles fall into this category. Fair $12,730 Some mechanical or cosmetic defects and needs servicing but is still in reasonable running condition. Clean title history, the paint, body and/or interior need work performed by a professional. Tires may need to be replaced. There may be some repairable rust damage.

• 2 months later...

KBB valuations tend to be a little on the high side. Another good resource is NADA. In my experience, they tend to be closer to reality and track a little closer to actual market. Still, the older a car becomes, the more difficult it is to place a value on them. You have to look around a lot and drive a lot of cars to recognize a good machine when you see it. Pricing services are only a starting place.