NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Short Notice! Anyone interested? Lunch in Payson Sunday 5/16?

6spdsforme

6spdsforme

I will be picking up the 03 Special Edition Anniversary in South Dakota on Friday Morning the 14th. My squeeze couldn't stand it any longer so now she is going back with me for the virgin ride home. That being said, I don't plan on doing the original schedule of 2 days at 12hours driving each day. I plan on being in Payson on Sunday around noonish. If anyone is interesed in meeting for lunch, It would be great to welcome my new baby with sister corvettes for the final 75 miles home. What do you think?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheCMSH

• 6spdsforme

• c7speed

• Blk n Blu

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Desertdawg

I would join ya but I'm already running my but off this week, twice to Phoenix, then Yuma on Friday for work and Saturday for the lunch. Next weekend is a trip to Flagstaff to visit the kid, whew I need a vacation!!!

I'm liking this idea for a Sunday cruise. Where do you want to meet for lunch?

F22trainer

I'm liking this idea for a Sunday cruise. Where do you want to meet for lunch?

can't go...Las Vegas this weekend BABY...4 days of drinkin/gamblin/softball.....good times with good friends!!

Need to see how work goes the rest of the week. I'll commit to 70/30ish

6spdsforme

I spoke to the Crosswinds Restaurant at the Pason Airport today. They have plenty of room and are open 6am to 6pm on Sunday. I can call them on Thursday mid morning before our flight to estimate the number of you going. If you want to check them out, the number is (928) 474-1613

On the forum less than a week and planning events. I like it! Barb and I will be there. I'll put together a meeting place and time for the ride up.

6spdsforme

On the forum less than a week and planning events. I like it! Barb and I will be there.

I'll put together a meeting place and time for the ride up.

6spdsforme

Sharp! Hopefully you've got the license plate filler piece on order! What route will you be taking back from SD?

6spdsforme

Sharp! Hopefully you've got the license plate filler piece on order! What route will you be taking back from SD?

As a central Nebraska native and having made the trip many many times, the best advice I can give you is to spend the ten bucks or so and take the E470 bypass from 76 to 25. Make sure to have cash for the toll stations, you'll hit about six if I remember correctly. Saves a TON of time and hassle over going through downtown Denver. Where do you plan on stopping each night or are you just going to drive until you can't see straight? (I'm doubting that since you have the female along :smilelol )

When you talked to the Crosswinds, did they say anything about this weekend being the "Open Airport" weekend. They open the airport up to the local Payson residents. I have a friend that has a house at the end of the runway and he invited us up for the weekend as the airport is open to everyone. I am not sure if cellabration is open Saturday & Sunday or just Saturday. You may want to ask Crosswinds if Sunday is part of the open house. If that is the case then it may be really busy on the airport grounds. Just thought I would make you aware.

6spdsforme

As a central Nebraska native and having made the trip many many times, the best advice I can give you is to spend the ten bucks or so and take the E470 bypass from 76 to 25. Make sure to have cash for the toll stations, you'll hit about six if I remember correctly. Saves a TON of time and hassle over going through downtown Denver.

Where do you plan on stopping each night or are you just going to drive until you can't see straight? (I'm doubting that since you have the female along :smilelol )

6spdsforme

When you talked to the Crosswinds, did they say anything about this weekend being the "Open Airport" weekend. They open the airport up to the local Payson residents. I have a friend that has a house at the end of the runway and he invited us up for the weekend as the airport is open to everyone. I am not sure if cellabration is open Saturday & Sunday or just Saturday. You may want to ask Crosswinds if Sunday is part of the open house. If that is the case then it may be really busy on the airport grounds.

Just thought I would make you aware.

wickedfastvette

I'm 50/50 at this point, just meeting for lunch can't cruise from Phoenix will be coming from Prescott.