NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Plug Wires Coming Off

Don&Patty

Installed new plug wires and drive the car to Chandler and back to Casa Grande and the # one wire came off. When I put it back on I stood there and watch it slide right off. Finally got it to stay and then checked the other wires, #s 2 and 7 were not off but really close. Got the wires at Checker and they were not the cheep ones. Anybody have this problem or even herd of it?

Can you feel it *click* when you put them on? I assume they're disconnecting from the coil...

Quicksilver98

I remember reading someone else having this problem...If I remember correctly they said it was caused by a air pocket and they were "burbing" themselves off. I think he said he solved the problem by putting something up in the boot like a zip tie then pulling it out after the wire was on. It bled the air pocket out. Do a search over on the CF forum. I think thats where I saw it. Good luck

Desertdawg

I stood there and watch it slide right off.

What plugs are you using, I heard of them actually leaking cylinder air but that was a long time ago with cheap plugs!

If I remember correctly they said it was caused by a air pocket and they were "burbing" themselves off. I think he said he solved the problem by putting something up in the boot like a zip tie then pulling it out after the wire was on.

Can you feel it *click* when you put them on? I assume they're disconnecting from the coil...