• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jstrutt

• Desertdawg

• wickedfastvette

• Eddie44

:smilelol You just know I am not affected by that statement! Come on make me an Admin.

:agree:agree:agree:clap:clap:clap

wickedfastvette

:smilelol You just know I am not affected by that statement! Come on make me an Admin.

Thank you my brother from another country :thankyou:

Thank you my brother from another country :thankyou:

I'm above that comment, and I will not let it bother me. Vote withdrawn!!!! :wave2:

Well, since I stood silent through the train wreck I'll speak a bit of my mind now. While it's true that change starts in small groups it's only effective if it gets seen/noticed/heard by the appropriate elected officials. While the efforts of some on this forum are well intended (in their mind), your thoughts and opinions are never going to get noticed HERE. I can assure you, Obama, Jan Brewer, Joe Arpiao do not make a decision and think to themselves, "Gee, I wonder what the gang over at Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts thinks or feels about this". If the effort that goes into the political posting/bashing/bickering would get redirected into writing, emailing, or protesting our elected officials then maybe some change could start. This has always been the primary reason that I've been vocal about not having politics here, it just does absolutely no good to do it HERE.; that and it just creates too much dissension in the ranks. I also think that all the politically oriented avatars and sig lines need to go, if we are ever going to get more people involved with the group, we can't have an overt conservative bias and that's all that the avatars/sig lines do. So one signs up, sees that stuff, and never comes back. Everyone always asks, "why do these people sign up and never participate?" This could be part of the problem gang. It's ok to be a Democrat people (breathe Eddie & Sean, breathe......) believe it or not, as long as that is what you believe, it doesn't make you a bad person or any less the Corvette lover, it makes you an American to have the choice.

Just my :2cents gang

While I'm have a minor rant here, I think we owe some of our Hispanic ACE brothers an apology. While it wasn't intended to be a direct attack on them personally an assault was launched on their heritage and that just wasn't right.

Commish OUT

I'm above that comment, and I will not let it bother me.

Vote withdrawn!!!!

:wave2:

While I'm have a minor rant here, I think we owe some of our Hispanic ACE brothers an apology. While it wasn't intended to be a direct attack on them personally an assault was launched on their heritage and that just wasn't right.

Commish OUT

Commish OUT

I have never heard anyone here direct any attack at legal hispanics. This is a common complaint from liberal folks but just because I am against illegal immigration I am in no way against anyone hispanic, african, eastern european or any other race that is here legally. If I have offended anyone of any race that is here legally I would challenge them to PM me and I will personally give them my apology.

Commish OUT

I have never heard anyone here direct any attack at legal hispanics. This is a common complaint from liberal folks but just because I am against illegal immigration I am in no way against anyone hispanic, african, eastern european or any other race that is here legally. If I have offended anyone of any race that is here legally I would challenge them to PM me and I will personally give them my apology.

I started all this. It was me, stirrin' up sh!t from the comfort of my hotel room. I'm with Eddie. I don't mind people having opinions, even if they differ from mine. Discussion is OK in my eyes, and offending people on accident will happen, and so long as well meant, is fine by me. I don't think this is the place for deep discussions on politics, but if a thread starts, and there's a few comments about something political, it's always the readers option to just not read that thread. I think there's no place for racial slurs, or personal attacks, but opinions are fine.

Well, since I stood silent through the train wreck I'll speak a bit of my mind now. While it's true that change starts in small groups it's only effective if it gets seen/noticed/heard by the appropriate elected officials. While the efforts of some on this forum are well intended (in their mind), your thoughts and opinions are never going to get noticed HERE. I can assure you, Obama, Jan Brewer, Joe Arpiao do not make a decision and think to themselves, "Gee, I wonder what the gang over at Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts thinks or feels about this". If the effort that goes into the political posting/bashing/bickering would get redirected into writing, emailing, or protesting our elected officials then maybe some change could start. This has always been the primary reason that I've been vocal about not having politics here, it just does absolutely no good to do it HERE.; that and it just creates too much dissension in the ranks. I also think that all the politically oriented avatars and sig lines need to go, if we are ever going to get more people involved with the group, we can't have an overt conservative bias and that's all that the avatars/sig lines do. So one signs up, sees that stuff, and never comes back. Everyone always asks, "why do these people sign up and never participate?" This could be part of the problem gang. It's ok to be a Democrat people (breathe Eddie & Sean, breathe......) believe it or not, as long as that is what you believe, it doesn't make you a bad person or any less the Corvette lover, it makes you an American to have the choice.

Just my :2cents gang

Commish OUT

Ok, just for Dawgypoo I changed my avatar.

Now, I'm on the wagon with Eddie here. I'm in now way against legal immigration nor am I predjudiced towards any race. What I see daily prevents me from being that way, but what I see daily OPENS my eyes to what the problems of illegal immigration bring to our nation and especially our state.

These pics are in no way politically motivated but more of an info as to what illegal immigration can and is bringing to the US.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Many students in California, Arizona, Texas and New Mexico ARE illegal immigrants. How they are allowed to register for school is beyond me. But, they are in our schools and the biggest source of classroom disruptions, degrading the teachers ability to teach. If that is not a hinderance, I don't know what is. So they are here illegaly, draining the system, taking advantage of "free" education (that us tax payers are paying for btw), getting "free" lunches and breakfast...the list goes on.

As far as the pics, there is no way something like this should EVER happen. OUR flag is NEVER to be flown lower than that of any other nation. Even when we are on foreign soil our flag is ALWAYS flown proudly and HIGH. To let this happen on our own soil is rediculous and I'd lay wages that many of those kids that took part in what happened there are/were illegal or from illegal parents.

It's stuff like this that burns my azz and a HUGE reason I took umbrage to Phill's posts and avatar.

Do we tiptoe around here...I don't think so. Do we need to be cognizant of others feelings??? YES. But that doesn't mean I need to hide mine either??? NO.

On a side note...and it may sound predjudiced...but I don't see immigrants from other nations trying to raise their flag over the US flag, or brandish their flag or get offended if our flag is displayed on one of "their" holidays.

:2cents

Desertdawg

Everybody just needs to chill! And make Cherye an admin.!! :cheers

Holy Crap, is this what it takes to get you out of the weeds and posting ????

I have a lot of political opinions myself, I don't voice them here as I don't want to lose a friendship over a difference of pie flavors. If everyone liked peach pie, there would be only peach pie and it would be one F'd up peach pie. . :thumbs

edit to add here

Vettegirl51

What is happening?

I clearly see Dwayne's point, I think. No one is saying that we can't have our opinions and beliefs but if others don't believe the same as you does that mean we don't want to go on cruises with them, have detail day, go to the track?

Would you join an online forum that was a group of people that had the exact opposite belief of you? Or, better yet show up to an event? I wouldn't. That's what a new member may feel like if they've got a different opinion than some of us. I'm not sure where the line is, to me BP's picture wasn't it. There are lots of places on the internet for you to chat about politics, recipes, or your favorite Family Guy episode.

I believe what I believe, but I also see value in diversity, however it's form. We all need to be more aware how we're promoting the club and that...

Our belief here is CORVETTE!

Vettegirl51

If that's what it takes! I'll do anything for Cherye :thumbs ....