Phil's Vette Phil....

Big Poppa

Big Poppa

It's called satire dood, loosen up. I knew the majority of the people here would get a chuckle out of the picture, and that's why I took it. If you're offended by the picture, sorry, but too bad. Look at it once and move on. I'm offended by the word "God", but it gets used all the time and I don't throw a fit. Also, the kids were paying zero attention to me, and my hand was in the air for probably 2 seconds to avoid offending the kids. We lined up the shot, focused the camera, I raised my hand, click, and hand down. It TOTALLY didn't create a scene. I honestly don't think anyone noticed. I posted this here instead of a PM to give anyone who cares info on how the shot was taken, the lack of an offensive scene that day, and to note that the original thread was intended to make a few people chuckle, not to take a political stand or start a national movement. Mods, feel free to lock this one down as well if you feel the need. I'm posting this for informative purposes that can be viewed by all, not to resurrect a fight.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• Eddie44

• jstrutt

• wickedfastvette

Phill's Vette

Dood, I made a comment to your post/picture then I start hearing the exercising the right of free speech.... and it is not about that at all. People commented on your post as did I, your post turned political.... I added my comments, beliefs, thoughts and feelings....also my satire!

I will ask again - Is this turning into a one sided opinion based forum/club? It is certainly going in that direction unlike ever before and as you said, the majority will find it funny; what about those that don't, those that may be offended? I could care less what other peoples opinions, beliefs and feelings are and it takes a lot to offend me if that is even possible... But, this is a club, a forum a group of people and friends with one exact interest - Corvettes!

The topics here certainly do not stay on the Corvette topic and who cares, but when it goes political and religious as it does a lot, friends are no longer friends here and people with a differing opinion leave. That is why I try to keep my opinions and beliefs to myself - others should try doing the same thing on this forum. If everyone disagrees with this then my bad and I'll move on.

This post is titled in my name... maybe you should have chose a PM, but you obviously have more to say and want everyone to hear it at my expense while stating your reasons.... well the above is MY reasons!

Maybe Admin should leave this open?!

Sorry you feel that way Phil. As admins we try to keep this as friendly as we can but take a look around society. Our country is as divided as I've ever seen it. I really have no sympathy for those that don't speak up and express their views. I also don't feel it's my fault for not listening if they don't speak. You've both had a chance to express you position, so before this one turns political I'm going to lock it down too.

Desertdawg

I want to add my thoughts.... Chris' picture was posted for humor, but of course it sparked some political comments. Was it wrong to post that picture? I say no, it was funny, but some of the replies took it in a different direction, This is when one of the admins/mods stepped in and tried to stop the snowball from rolling downhill (tried is the magical word that doesn't mean "add more political commentary" :lol ) PhillB also points out a very real situation, we are one sided and this needs to be addressed too. We all look at the forum through rose colored glasses, If Eddie say's fords suck theres 100 members here that will back him up! AND stupid me I let the thread stay open or even add more ford sucks comments to keep it going. Then thcahd pops in and say's that we are all wrong, fords don't suck and we just need to see it his way....BAM! it's now a "political" thread and we rush in to lock it...... Why didn't we see it as political thread when Eddie started it? I would like the admins/mods to realize why Chris' post went bad, and why PhillB see's ACE as "one sided"! I'll open this thread back up if anyone wants to comment, just remember, I can't do it alone, we need to all try and keep ACE great!

Desertdawg

I'm not going to agree with Eddie...sort of

take a look around society. Our country is as divided as I've ever seen it.

I really have no sympathy for those that don't speak up on someone elses forum and express their views.

Yes the Country is divided, but here on ACE your Obama sig comment, and Sean's Bush avatar don't help. And don't belong on ACE!

Let's clean up the political stuff and get back to being a Corvette forum.

And I fixed you second line.

old yeller

Let's clean up the political stuff and get back to being a Corvette forum.

:agree

We are all here for the same reason, we all have the same passion for Vettes! I agree with Dwayne lets stay focused and get back to the reason why we all joined ACE.

I'll be the dissenting opinion here. I am as outspoken as anyone around here on my conservative views. I don't want to have to tiptoe around here worrying about whether Phil or anyone else is going to take offense to something I say. The thread in question started as a harmless attempt at humor and it was soon blown out of shape to the point that someone up and leaves the forum. If I was that thin skinned I'd have been in many a fight over things that were said about GW but I let that roll off my back or I choose to stand up for my beliefs. I think somehow we need to make a distinction between intentional political postings and humor/unintentional postings. I left some of the things Phil posted up longer than I would have because I didn't have any complaints. Once I received complaints his avatar with the Mexican/American flag was deleted. I don't think the full membership realizes the PM's that flew over some of that. Bottom line if I have to tiptoe around my wording in threads then I'll get tired of it real quick! This is another attempt to make society politically correct because someone might be offended. I believe if we took a poll about 80+ percent of us around here are conservative politically yet we're trying to please less than 20% of the population. Welcome to America! Good God, I'm starting to sound like Ken now :leaving

Well, I still say that BP's pic was funny as hell and extremely ballsy considering there is probably a crosshair on his forehead from the sniper on the rooftop just waiting for the word to "send it" and cap that ACE militant on the sidewalk... :smilelol I want some custard pie and a :grphug:

Desertdawg

I'm not asking anyone to change, I like who we are. I'm just saying we can still be the outlaw hoolilgans without politics or religion.

Why did Eddie leave Phill's avatar up? If he thought it was offensive then he should have pulled it, we're members here too and we have the responsibility as an admin/mod to police the replies or other items posted to ACE.

I'm not asking you to tip toe, I'm telling you to get out the sledge hammer, when someone posts something to OUR FORUM you should hit the lock button not the reply button. I don't care if you agree or disagree with what was posted for all the world (i.e. google...etc...) to see, close it.

Take a stand for no more politics... Theres nothing you can add that will change the world !!!

I'm a Canuck...............

Knock off the political shit...... We're all brothers in the eyes of the lord!

Opps! Now I've offended the Muslims, Jews and Atheists in the group. I guess I can't win! :lol

I'll be the dissenting opinion here. I am as outspoken as anyone around here on my conservative views. I don't want to have to tiptoe around here worrying about whether Phil or anyone else is going to take offense to something I say.

The thread in question started as a harmless attempt at humor and it was soon blown out of shape to the point that someone up and leaves the forum. If I was that thin skinned I'd have been in many a fight over things that were said about GW but I let that roll off my back or I choose to stand up for my beliefs. I think somehow we need to make a distinction between intentional political postings and humor/unintentional postings.

I left some of the things Phil posted up longer than I would have because I didn't have any complaints. Once I received complaints his avatar with the Mexican/American flag was deleted. I don't think the full membership realizes the PM's that flew over some of that.

Bottom line if I have to tiptoe around my wording in threads then I'll get tired of it real quick! This is another attempt to make society politically correct because someone might be offended. I believe if we took a poll about 80+ percent of us around here are conservative politically yet we're trying to please less than 20% of the population. Welcome to America!

Good God, I'm starting to sound like Ken now :leaving

wickedfastvette

I have to say that I'm in agreement with Eddie! So does this mean we can't say merry christmas around here because we might offend somebody or their religion? Or you guys all have to take down your pictures on your avatars or your friday picture threads because it insults the females on here? Where do you draw the line??

Well, let me add this. Nope, not going to go there...

Jim and I figured it out, some of y'all moFo's should too :circle:

insults the females on here? Where do you draw the line??

wickedfastvette

wait, let me re-word that.....

Do you want to watch us admins try to solve that question.......from the kitchen? :bolt: