2010 Annual Father's Day Cruise

Eddie44

Wow, what a day. Lot's of fun on the mountain! Thanks Eddie for planning another great cruise, it was a blast!!! I just spent an hour looking through the photos.. Awesome :thumbs

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eddie44

• wickedfastvette

• Desertdawg

• Lwcs561

It sounds like y'all had a great time. Sorry I had to miss it. At least I enjoyed the pics. Thanks.

Guest LOUDMIKE

Glad to see everyone!! I had a great time as well and great to see the line of Vettes turning around to make the right turn!! I dont know if we made a wrong turn or not but Eudlose and I didnt have any traffic from Sedona home after leaving around 5:30 pm? I dont know maybe it was superior navigation and driving skills that prevailed!!!

Are you two sitting there holding hands while you post??? We were about an hour ahead of you guys and flew down the mountain...

Guest LOUDMIKE

Are you two sitting there holding hands while you post???

We were about an hour ahead of you guys and flew down the mountain...

UMMM EWWWWWW!!! There is somethng wrong with you!! :facepalm:

wickedfastvette

Are you two sitting there holding hands while you post???

We were about an hour ahead of you guys and flew down the mountain...

Well when we finally left Relics yesterday, they were the only 2 left in there....................... :facepalm:

Guest LOUDMIKE

Well when we finally left Relics yesterday, they were the only 2 left in there....................... :facepalm:

Great ride, but what's this "nice clip home?" 6spd4me and I were stuck in traffic for ever it seemed.

It was a blast for those that missed it.

ZR tires Tom??? Like that's stopping you. :lol

Well, that's about a 1000 miles on the old girl in just about 2 weeks. :thumbs Guess she needs a rest now. :lol

YUMA group: what happened to you guys on I-17? :confused By the time I saw you guys it was too late to try and stop.

Yeah, ZR rated would be nice since mine are only rated to 125...not beyond for very long. :facepalm: Donna, Mike, Cherye and I were going together until either Cherye made a mad dash for Prescott or the pedal were to the floor. We didn't have any real backups until semi's were holding up everyone on a hill by pulling into the passing lane and taking for ever to pass...I hate when they do that. It was clear sailing and I do mean clear sailing other than that. :) I only saw one DPS car the entire trip which was coming into Wickenburg and almost died doing 60 in a 45...remember Sean? :smilelol It was defintely a great time for anyone that missed this event. Mark...Get up earlier next time dude. :facepalm:

wickedfastvette

Yuma Rich

"On the way home I was coming up on a p/u pulling a fifth wheel. I saw the chrome hub come flying off the right wheel of itand start bouncing all over the hiway, then a right tire came off and was rolling alongside it. I floored it to get in front of this guy, he was doing almost 80 and had no idea what was happening. Dave saw the chrome hub bouncing along the road and was able to dodge it, but it got Janie, from front center all along the bottom. Finally got the driver of the p/u attention and he pulled over. As he slowed down, the loose tire went rolling down the hill like crazy. It finally crashed in the bushes about halfway down. They checked Janie's car out looking for major cracks or leaks, nothing showed up. We finally got back on the road traveling at a greatly reduced speed to make sure Janie's car was okay. We finally picked it back up at Buckeye, Before then, we stopped for gas and another check under the hood and for any leaks, oil pressure stayed up and water temp stayed down, so assume nothing broken, just loud noise running over the hub."

Wow sorry to hear about your car Janie, hope everything is okay with it.

My whiskey wing man couldn't get his a$$ out of bed in time to make the run so I had to fly solo. Suffice it to say they will be restocking this week. :drinkers I had some splainin' to do when I finally got home. :cuss:lol

As Mike said, Sedona has some... um... interesting people.

My whiskey wing man couldn't get his a$$ out of bed in time to make the run so I had to fly solo. Suffice it to say they will be restocking this week. :drinkers I had some splainin' to do when I finally got home. :cuss:lol

:smilelol:thumbs

wickedfastvette

The one sittin next to Mike had a strange look in their eyes. You know there is supposed to be extraterrestrials in Sedona!

Hey Dave, Made it to brunch, home, afternoon bbq... All ok. Thanks for askin.. It inly acts up when its hot. The bolts that came with the single-mass flywheel (to hold it to the crankshaft) have heads that are too thick. Clutch releases ok when its not that hot (no spirited driving) once it heats up tho, the pressure plate hits those bolt heads and makes noise, wont release clutch completely etc... Original bolts are too long- but the heads are thinner & will clear, Im gonna take it apart, cut the original bolts shorter & use those... and all should be well. Rear trans seal is leaking a bit as well... ugh! In all the years ive had this car, and all the 'spirited driving' ive done, this is the first time the ole girl has let me down. Had fun though.. oh btw, dont kno who it is.. but whoever has the dk red c6 with grey stripes... i apologize. Cut you off on the highway. My clutch stuck completely, trans was in neutral & i couldnt get it into gear... was in oncoming traffic lane making a pass & needed back in the line quick. Sorry again man. Anyways good times, wish i coulda done the whole thing, but it was a good day non the less. Good to see everyone.

Thanks Eddie for the hard work and planning for the run. Francy and I had a great time and enjoyed seeing the folks we knew again and meeting new ones. Looking forward to next time. Thanks for the company from Gila Bend to Wickenburg Dawg, and Jamie. until I get the C5 in the Loud Pedal for and evaluation and PM, I am sorta driving on egg shells as I do not know what to expect as far as dependability. About the time I get the C4 Dialed in, and it is bullet proof, I get the C5 and have to start over again. Ritch, glad to hear everything was okay with you guys. I saw you all off the side in front of the 5th wheel too late to do anything without causing a multi car wreck. Good to see the folks from Yuma again. thanks again Eddie and see yo guys next time. Jack :thankyou:

Hey Dave, Made it to brunch, home, afternoon bbq... All ok. Thanks for askin.. It inly acts up when its hot. The bolts that came with the single-mass flywheel (to hold it to the crankshaft) have heads that are too thick. Clutch releases ok when its not that hot (no spirited driving) once it heats up tho, the pressure plate hits those bolt heads and makes noise, wont release clutch completely etc... Original bolts are too long- but the heads are thinner & will clear, Im gonna take it apart, cut the original bolts shorter & use those... and all should be well. Rear trans seal is leaking a bit as well... ugh! In all the years ive had this car, and all the 'spirited driving' ive done, this is the first time the ole girl has let me down. Had fun though.. oh btw, dont kno who it is.. but whoever has the dk red c6 with grey stripes... i apologize. Cut you off on the highway. My clutch stuck completely, trans was in neutral & i couldnt get it into gear... was in oncoming traffic lane making a pass & needed back in the line quick. Sorry again man. Anyways good times, wish i coulda done the whole thing, but it was a good day non the less. Good to see everyone.

Wow Joe! I didn't know until later that you had issues with the tranny. I wondered why you were not going on after Wickenburg. Glad to hear that its nothing really major. One thing is for sure, your car was loud as hell in the 7th street tunnel...LOL sounded like I was in a NASCAR race. :P Runs well. :thumbs

Hey guys, had a GREAT time! I was suprised the trans am kept up as good as it did. I found an extra battery bolt when i got home. Would have loved to have the vette out for this cruise. How can i post pics up?

Hey guys, had a GREAT time! I was suprised the trans am kept up as good as it did. I found an extra battery bolt when i got home. Would have loved to have the vette out for this cruise. How can i post pics up?

Post up your pic's using Photobucket -

Glad you could make it and we thought your T/A not only did a good job keeping up, but it sounded and looked real good too.

We'll look forward to seeing the 'vette!

thanks guys i appreciate it. ill be sure to bring it out next time.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

and then one of the vette and t/a. i found the bolt and took it up for a few pics

Posted Image