• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eddie44

• wickedfastvette

• Desertdawg

• Lwcs561

WTH are ya'll doing on the puter? Get going or your gonna be late and we're leaving w/o you! :lol

Guest Sidewinder

I missed the group by about 20 mins at BK, oh well next time. I think a few others missed the BK meet. There was 3 vettes pulling out of BK heading back towards phx.

I didn't go all the way to Sedona....I ran thru Cottonwood to I-17 and home. They're still eating at the restruant as I type

Eddie, thanks for the hard work in planning this event. We really enjoyed it. We did pretty good on the way home too.

:thankyou: thanks eddie had a great time an arrived at home without any tickets, hooray!!!!!!!!

My son and I had a great time for sure and even got to exercise the CF a bit on the long end and mix it up a little with the big dogs. :) I just wish I could find some ZR rated tires that are the same size as mine, they don't make them...Damnit! Maybe thats a good thing though, I'd probably get in trouble. We took some good pics, but I have to waituntil I get them from the son. Nice trip back at a steady clip, Donna, what happened to you? You were right behind me for a while and then you disappered. Pit stop maybe? BTW: Joe...what happened to your tranny? I wondered why you were not going the rest of the way with us and stopped at Wickenburg.

Great ride, but what's this "nice clip home?" 6spd4me and I were stuck in traffic for ever it seemed. It was a blast for those that missed it. ZR tires Tom??? Like that's stopping you. :lol Well, that's about a 1000 miles on the old girl in just about 2 weeks. :thumbs Guess she needs a rest now. :lol YUMA group: what happened to you guys on I-17? :confused By the time I saw you guys it was too late to try and stop.

Thanks Eddie. Great trip. good job planning. Here's some pics. As they say.. "if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes. Lots of pictures on the mountains, but many of the same cars. Great to see everyone.

It may take a while for it to load, please be patient. Also, if you move the cursor, the lower left corner will have a place to "reverse" the order. They may be loaded backwards.

http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee137/g...mview=slideshow

Thanks Eddie. Great trip. good job planning. Here's some pics. As they say.. "if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes. Lots of pictures on the mountains, but many of the same cars. Great to see everyone.

It may take a while for it to load, please be patient. Also, if you move the cursor, the lower left corner will have a place to "reverse" the order. They may be loaded backwards.

http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee137/g...mview=slideshow

Great pics Ron, It was nice meeting you and your grandson.

Jay

:ACE: What an awesome day ... !!! great to see everyone ... :ACE:

Thx Eddie for getting this put together .... and tho we slammed the resturant with our crowd all at once ... they did a great job ... we enjoyed it very much ...

took a few pix ... some not so good ... and I'm certain we'll see some of the "pros" with much better ... but thought we'd share what we have ... camera died just before Jerome .... so some on the phones which aren't that great .... did get a little bit of vid ... and will post up as soon as they're edited .....

Look forward to our next gathering ...

Here's the Pix

Thanks Eddie for a great ride. The day was perfect, the vettes impressive and your leadership in planning this event was fun for all. Look forward to more rides to come. Thanks again, Ed & Charlene (1BADZ)

Thanks for all the kind words! A couple small glitches that we'll work on next year. Yes, I hope this will be an annual ACE event. For those of you that got the less than stellar service, I just wanted to let you know that I get a call every year about a week after the event from Joe, the owner of Relics. He will be getting an ear full this year. We've never had service that bad. I can almost assure he'll whip it into shape for next year. I just hope everyone had a great time!

Marana Rich

Well, another Father's Day Adventure with ACE in the books. Thanks Eddie for the organization and planning. I don't think anyone got lost, did they?

Uneventful trip up to Wickenberg, had a good meal at the 7 something on the main drag, and retired early. Somewhere along the way one FOB has been misplaced. Hoping it will show up when the stores open again.

Enjoyed the run to Sedona. Nothing prettier than a string of Corvettes of various ages and colors to make the heart beat.

Enjoyed the meal and getting to say hi to folks I haven't seen in a while. I took pictures of the cars parked around the building, and tried to get every table so we could include everyone inside.

On the way home I was coming up on a p/u pulling a fifth wheel. I saw the chrome hub come flying off the right wheel of itand start bouncing all over the hiway, then a right tire came off and was rolling alongside it. I floored it to get in front of this guy, he was doing almost 80 and had no idea what was happening. Dave saw the chrome hub bouncing along the road and was able to dodge it, but it got Janie, from front center all along the bottom. Finally got the driver of the p/u attention and he pulled over. As he slowed down, the loose tire went rolling down the hill like crazy. It finally crashed in the bushes about halfway down. They checked Janie's car out looking for major cracks or leaks, nothing showed up. We finally got back on the road traveling at a greatly reduced speed to make sure Janie's car was okay. We finally picked it back up at Buckeye, Before then, we stopped for gas and another check under the hood and for any leaks, oil pressure stayed up and water temp stayed down, so assume nothing broken, just loud noise running over the hub.

Thanks to those who saw us and stopped to offer assistance. Yeah Sean, I saw you in that crowd going by, traffic was a Big pain on 17 for quite a while.

So with all the fun and excitement we have had at this event, really can't wait till next year. :)

I tried to take a couple of videos, and they came out crappy. Somebody can edit them if they want. Hint Hint Dawg

Link for Sedona Trip Slideshow