Toys for Tots - wanna give ?

BSeery

A friend of a friend throws a party every year to collect for the "Toys for Tots" program that is run by the U.S. Marine Corp.

They are having a party on December 6th to collect the toys and then hoist a glass or two.

I was thinking ---- yeah, not a good idea, but I was thinking that A.C.E. is full of a bunch of caring and giving people. I was thinking that maybe we would like to help out.

I know it's really last minute notice, but here is what I am thinking.

December 4th is our Corvette Saturday at Hooters in Mesa, then we go up to the Pavilions for the car show. We could all bring the presents up to the Pavilions and stuff my red sleigh / Vette and I can take them over for the group. If people want to follow over after the Pavilions to drop them off with me, they are more than welcome. I also hope that other Vette owners could run over to Target / Best Buy and the other places and pitch in.

Maybe next year, if this works, we could get more organized about it and maybe do our own thing and take them to the Marines in the Vettes as a group.

What do you think??

Can you all bring one unwrapped present along to give to Toy's For Tots ???

Great Idea! :thumbs:

I like the idea that Targets right close for us "old" guys that will probably forget by then. :lol:

3,503 lbs of trouble
December 6th is our Corvette Saturday at Hooters in Mesa, then we go up to the Pavilions for the car show.

Guest XLR8TNC5

I would love to donate this year, however, I have already been approached and I am contributing vast amounts of time and money to this cause already within the office here. So, I will be at Hooters, but don't think me a stinker if I don't bring anything.

Next year, lets organize something and I will make my contribution through our ACE organization.

thanks for thinking about this and bringing it up. I am happy to see someone else so giving and thoughtful on this matter.

SIncerely,

December 6th is our Corvette Saturday at Hooters in Mesa,

Talk about "old guys" loosing it! :eek: :lol: :lol:

I would love to donate this year, however, I have already been approached and I am contributing vast amounts of time and money to this cause already within the office here. So, I will be at Hooters, but don't think me a stinker if I don't bring anything.

You can't fool us! You were approached by some cute Marines and you'd rather work with them than a bunch of old fat guys driving Vettes. :D

December 6th is our Corvette Saturday at Hooters in Mesa, then we go up to the Pavilions for the car show.

Isn't Dec. 6th a Monday? I believe Hooters/Pavilions Corvette Sat. is the 4th of December. Will this still match up with the Marines event?

Yeah, yeah -- I f'ed up. Nothing new there.

The 4th of December, not the 6th -- sorry.

I'm taking up a collection to buy Bryan an 05 calendar for xmas. That 02 one he's using just isn't working! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, yeah -- I f'ed up.  Nothing new there.

The 4th of December, not the 6th -- sorry.

I'm taking up a collection to buy Bryan an 05 calendar for xmas. That 02 one he's using just isn't working! :lol: :lol: :lol: