So, yesterday I got a ride in an F-16

Guest XLR8TNC5

Guest XLR8TNC5

Here you go everyone. This is also in the OFF TOPIC and Southwest Section of the Corvette Forum.

It all started on Wednesday. Hubby came home and insisted I must take Friday off of work. He had signed me up to get a ride in an F-16 Fighter Jet. Obviously, I was not going to miss this chance, I took Friday off.

I showed up on base for Egress training and other information and briefings at 0845hrs. This took until around 1030hrs. I then had time to go play until 1400hrs. I got back to the base at 1400hrs. Got fitted for a flight suit, harness, helmet and mask. (With gloves and patches of course.) Got to have a one on one sit down with my pilot and went over a few things. IE: Talking to the control tower, how to control the jet on Taxiway, etc...THEN, I WAS OFF AND RUNNING, FEELING EXACTLY WHAT AFTERBURNER FEELS LIKE!

This was a day I will never forget as long as I live. A HUGE thank you to the hubby (YOU ARE THE BEST BABE!)for thinking about me and to "BEVO" my pilot for not being afraid to "give it all she's got." I did not get to fly in the air, but the flight was called a High Speed Taxi. We did 100knots (115mph) in a little less than 4 secs and a rotate (Brought the nose off the ground) and it was phenomenol. I spoke to the ATC and I got to have control of the jet to and from the taxiway and up until we hit the afterburners. We pulled approximately 1.3G's! I experienced 25,600pounds of thrust on this ride! It was absolutely one of the biggest rushes I have ever had. AMAZING! Not to mention I was in a 32million dollar jet.

The jet was a F-16 Block 40. Here are the specs:

Primary Function Multirole fighter

Builder Lockheed Martin Corp.

Power Plant F-16C/D:one Pratt and Whitney F100-PW-200/220/229 orone General Electric F110-GE-100/129

Thrust F-16C/D, 27,000 pounds(12,150 kilograms)

Length 49 feet, 5 inches (14.8 meters)

Height 16 feet (4.8 meters)

Wingspan 32 feet, 8 inches (9.8 meters)

Speed 1,500 mph (Mach 2 at altitude)

Ceiling Above 50,000 feet (15 kilometers)

Maximum Takeoff Weight 37,500 pounds (16,875 kilograms)

Enjoy the pics!

Tanya

Aka ?FalconGirl?

5763ACE_represented_b4_ride1-med.JPG

5763Flightsuit_1-med.JPG

5763Flightsuit_Harness3-med.JPG

5763Standing_by_Jet_b4_ride2-med.JPG

5763Bevo_-pilot_Tanya_B4_ride-med.JPG

5763After_Ride_Celebration-med.JPG

5763CCertificate_for_Ride-med.jpg

WOW!!! :thumbs:

Now that is cool, I bet it tops just about any thrill ride you have ever been on....Congrats to you, and a big thumbs up to Mark... :thumbs:

I flew with my Dad lots of times in pipers and cessna's while I was growing up. As a hobby he became a CFI. and me and my older brother were his guinea pigs... We had lot's of fun being students...Then last year my boss got me an hour in a harrier simulator in Yuma, but it's still not like being strapped in and feeling that wonderful sensation of flight...

Very COOL, Falcongirl!!

You two give each other some very :cool gifts!!

Garage floors and high speed taxi's sure beat the heck out of clothes and flowers :yesnod: :thumbs:

Makes those :burnout: runs in the Vette seem tame now doesn't it!! :cheers:

I figure the next big news will be tickets to Denver so you can do the altitude chamber at Lowery, AB. That would qualify you to go airborne!!

Ken

Guest XLR8TNC5

Indeed, it was a moment of my life that I had dreamt of for years. Being the ultimate wannabe speed queen and adrenaline junkie that I am....hehehe!

I am very thankful to Mark for thinking of me when this came around. I got a keeper thats for sure.

Guys (and gals) I can't tell you how it could have been any better. Well, other than getting to actually take off the ground all the way. But I did everything except that and I got to experience FULL afterburner. Damn, it was a moment I will never forget. I GOT TO RIDE IN AN F-16!!!! I still can't beleive it. I thought I had a permagrin when I got the Vette, but holy shnikeys, my cheeks are killing me from smiling so much!

WOW WOW WOW!

Thank you all for letting me share my experience. I was dying to show and tell and I made sure to put the ACE sign up to let you all know I was thinking about ya during the event.

Tanya