Fair Warning

Desertdawg

Tomorrow is my quit day! :banghead During the summer of 1976 someone handed my a can of skoal and said try it, well being the typical stupid 12 year old, I did. I bought my first can of skoal that week, then I bought my first can of copenhagen as soon as I realized the buzz was way better. I stuck with copenhagen for a good 20 years, sometimes getting so bad that I was going through a can a day. During high school I was getting so used to it that I wasn't getting the buzz anymore so I would spike my cans with vodka, it wasn't long before even that didn't give me a high but by then I was addicted to the nicotine. When skoal came out with other flavors like mint and cherry I was able to get off copenhagen and I stuck with skoal which is a little weaker until the price went over $4.50 a can a couple of years ago. I then started buying the cheap stuff like grizzly and longhorn even though they taste like crap because when you go through 3 or 4 cans a week it gets expensive. After 34 years I'm officially tired of it, I'm tired of looking for a place to spit when I'm in a group, I'm tired of swollowing when I can't find somewhere to spit, I'm tired of always scheduling my life around the amount of snuff left in the can, I'm tired of the wife/kids/dentist/doctor/etc. telling me to quit. I really hate waking up from a nap with a pinch still in because I forgot to spit it out. Someone asked me what my trigger points were that made me want to chew, I said I only have one, awake! I get out of bed and drink a glass of water then I put a pinch in, I refresh that until breakfast then as soon as I'm done eating I put another pinch in and I keep that refreshed until lunch... Do you see where this is going? I dip until bed time, if the RR calls in the middle of the night I do the same thing, get up, drink, dip. I hate spending every waking hour of my life with a dip in..... So this is it, I QUIT!!! And if I ban all your azzes by tomorrow afternoon you'll know why!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• jstrutt

• Bigfoot

• Ted Y

No joke, the only fool is me for spending thousands of dollars on crap.

I've got a buddy that gave up Red Bull once too. Good luck and you know we're here for ya. Easier to bitch at us than the wife.

averaging... 4 cans a week X 52 = 204 204 cans a year X 34 = 6936 6936 cans X $2.50 = $17,340.00 Hows that for foolish? I could have bought another 82 CE

I'm tired of swollowing

If I could only change your tagline......... :devil

:smilelol Post of the day!!! :clap

Who knew the first two names on tomorrows ban list would be Jim and Ed ... :toetap

Good for you :thumbs call if you need to vent...not a good listener, but I'll just set the phone down come check on you periodically :ack:

I'm tired of swollowing

If I could only change your tagline......... :devil

Well, it's been nice knowing you guys!

As the famous saying goes "it's easier to beg forgiveness than to ask permission" Forgive me father for I have sinned.

Good for you :thumbs

call if you need to vent...not a good listener, but I'll just set the phone down

come check on you periodically :ack:

Your funny :thumbs

Eddie isn't :Axe:

Phill's Vette

If you need, I can order you some of this...it may help if you have a really difficult time quitting.

Best of luck to you Dwayne!!

Tobacco Free Snuff

chevyguy1969

working on being a non-smoker here. Good luck Dawg the nicotine fits can be a real B!TAAACH!!!!!! :banghead I dare someone to start a political topic tomarrow.

Doesn't Nancy Pelosi dip Copenhagen? Just sayin'. GL DD, feel free to photochop all of our signature pix in orange if it helps.

If you need, I can order you some of this...it may help if you have a really difficult time quitting.

Best of luck to you Dwayne!!

Tobacco Free Snuff

Thanks PhilB, I like Jack Links.

Posted Image

And gum

And sunflower seeds

And peanuts

And hard candy (regular and suger free)

And tooth picks

And razor blades

And ......

I putting together my survival pack now! :lol

(note, don't think because I just used a laughling smilie that I'm in a better mood)

My dad up and quite after 15 years about 15 years ago now, he just stopped one day. The first few days were rough but he is better off now, GL to you!