MOTV8 under the knife.

MOTV8

Or...

How I spent all my tax refund on the vette, part 7

Some of you have seen the heap. Up close. :huh It needed a makeover, bad. LPM just fixed up the mechanical crap for me, but being daily driven for 90K miles, the Loop 101 shotgun-blasted black paint with a nasty new hood blister and some Dukes-o-Hazzard-style curb-jumpin' damage finally mandated a trip down to Joe and Classic Gold. :bang

Here's some befores of the damage and the blister:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Did you wince?

So I'm vette-less, for awhile anyway...Ted. After Joe and Classic Gold work their body and paint magic, gonna get it clear-bra'd too. I also decided it was finally time to give in to all you wagonwheel haters, so the brown truck dropped off somethin' today too...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm thinkin' Nitto Invos this time around. Should look sweet. I'll try to get some in-progress shots and the obligatory after-shots, now that Victor has set the bar so high on the repaint-threads. :chris

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MOTV8

• Desertdawg

• Bigfoot

• P51tj

Top Posters In This Topic

We all have to do it sooner or later or sell it. Good luck she'll be sweet when Joe's done with it. :cheers

Gona look all sexy... What sizes are the wheels? FYI, I just put some NT05's on my car and love em. They're a bit more aggressive than the Invos.

Gona look all sexy... What sizes are the wheels? FYI, I just put some NT05's on my car and love em. They're a bit more aggressive than the Invos.

Sweet lookin' wheels. Car should look and run great when all said and done.(and paid for)

Spiders, oh man I want!!! Tell Joe to get some blood and gut pictures of his work for us!

SWEET !!!! :ok: I think the Spiders are one of the nicer OEM wheels out there, but of course I'm a little biased on that :) Can't wait to see the finished product :yeah:

/monthly_03_2010/post-126-1268695509.jpg" rel="external nofollow">post-126-1268695509.jpg/monthly_03_2010/post-126-1268695509.jpg" rel="external nofollow">post-126-1268695509.jpgWell, she's almost done, a little more polishing, detailing & so-forth.... Good as new! Um... this is what you had in mind for the finished product, right?

/monthly_03_2010/post-126-1268695417.jpg" rel="external nofollow">post-126-1268695417.jpg

post-126-1268695417.jpg

post-126-1268695509.jpg