• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ICULUKN

• Ted Y

• Desertdawg

• Bigfoot

Well the turbos are in Washington... Should be shipping out by Friday, and in the hands of ADS by Monday... Hopefully I can get my car back by Easter.

Risen from the dead?

Well the turbos should be hitting ADS today.. Hopefully they can get her back on the road this week.

Thats cool Glenn, I head to Bromely's this Friday to finally get my exhaust done!

• 2 weeks later...

Talked to John at ADS, he said I should have it back today. They had to notch and box the frame to get the new turbos in...

Talked to John at ADS, he said I should have it back today.

They had to notch and box the frame to get the new turbos in...

Yeah, hopefully these will be big enough for ya Glen! Can't wait to see the "temporarily" completed project! :yesnod

These new turbos should hit harder down low, but make about the same power up top. The nitrous pulls will get us alot more power now, since the exhaust housings are significantly bigger.

These new turbos should hit harder down low, but make about the same power up top.

The nitrous pulls will get us alot more power now, since the exhaust housings are significantly bigger.

When you took me for a ride outside the GM Proving Grounds, I didn't notice the lack of low end power from the turbos. It pretty much felt like getting launched off an aircraft carrier in that thing.

These new turbos should hit harder down low, but make about the same power up top.

The nitrous pulls will get us alot more power now, since the exhaust housings are significantly bigger.

When you took me for a ride outside the GM Proving Grounds, I didn't notice the lack of low end power from the turbos. It pretty much felt like getting launched off an aircraft carrier in that thing.

Well ADS finally got the turbos installed, they had to notch the frame to get the drivers side in.... ugh Went to put it on the dyno and they realized that the wiring harness to the o2 sensors was very brittle from the heat from the drivers side turbo. The harness was wrapped in layers of heat shielding, but I guess it was not enough... John replaced the wiring harness, (major PITA since it goes behind the motor)... and I bought a turbo blanket for the drivers side. The blanket is from Boost Logic, and you can literally put your hand on the turbo after a 1/4 mile pass.... The blanket went out yesterday, and should be at ADS by Thurs... Hopefully we can get some numbers from the dyno and I can get it back for the weekend.

Just tracked my blankets... Should be here tomorrow by 4:30.. .UGH.

Tick tock tick tock, what is that, is that the sound of a SLOW running clock??? Tick tock! :lol

If the turbos are bigger, is the whine LOUDER??? :chris Can't wait to see the numbers! :thumbs

Well I heard from ADS.... The new turbos are in... but now it needs a tune... The vette is out of fuel at 3200 rpms due to the extra air the turbos are pushing.... :) Should be back on Weds.

Wasn't fuel your limiting factor with the old turbos? Are you going to have to upgrade the fuel system soon???

Fuel at the top end... I already have the ECS return style fuel system in the car. We just need to give it a little more fuel in the mid range now

Dropped off some methanol this morning. Mike said the dyno is booked till Thurs, but he was going to do his best to squeeze her in.

Well.... The methanol pump went out on the dyno. I got a new one coming from florida....

Tell me again what the fun is in having a high HP money pit that you visit at ADS every few days. :lol

I am thinking of putting it up for sale once I get it running right....

That would be a shame after all the effort you've put into it. I just think it's such a balancing act to create a high HP car that will be dependable enough to stay out of the shop.

I know there are folks here who value having the fastest, badest, whatever other adjectives you might use Vette. I respect that but, I personally don't understand that as mine is a daily driver. I would just like to drive mine more than the mechanics pulling it into a stall at the garage. If I can't get in trouble with 400 HP then I'm not trying hard enough!

Good Luck with whatever you decide Glenn!