Blackula is back under the knife

ICULUKN

Took Blackula to ADS yesterday. They are going to pull the plugs to see if they are oily. I truly doubt it, but they are due for a change anyway... There are no misfire codes :) I am 98% sure that the seal in one of the turbos went south. Talked to Turbonetics they will rebuild them for 300 each, + any parts that are needed. Car should be down for about a 2-4 weeks... UGH... At least when I get them back they will be NEW turbos. I will probably send my bezel out for a double din conversion and order a couple of leather wrapped pieces for the interior.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ICULUKN

• Ted Y

• Desertdawg

• Bigfoot

Guest Sidewinder

Might want to have all the piping/intercooler and intake cleaned out while it's there. Get rid of all the oil residue.

Ya.. the piping is the easy part... its the borla stingers that will be a problem... UGH...

Where are you sending the bezel to? I'd like to do a new head unit at some point this summer

There is a guy in Minnesota that does them.. He is off CorvetteForum... I can see if I can get his contact information if you would like.

Guest azz061

cool! just got my car back brand new rpm lv5 tranny and their best diff with 373 gears and new torque tube car feels better than it has ever!

Update:.... Well both turbos are out.. the drivers side turbo cartridge is wasted.... The tolerance is supposed to be .005 and mine was at .25 Sending both turbos out to be redone today... just have to choose to send to the manufacturer or use a local guy...Either way I am probably looking at 1k to rebuild each turbo.

Ouch! I guess you won't be supporting the helpdawggowidebody...umm I mean ACE ..yeah thats it! :thumbs:lol

There are a couple of things I need to knock down 1st... Have to pay for repairs to the vette... then Aimee and I are opening her pediatric clinic in May. Widebody may have to wait till this summer.

Well bad news turned worse... I need to buy new turbos... 1600/ side.... Oh well... at least they are BIGGER!

Do you have a link for what went wrong? What setup do you have? And ADS installed it? Vette modding is not a cheap hobby.

the turbonetics turbos are only good for about 700 hp, I was at 925... The center cartridge between the turbine and compress started to get out of spec allowing oil to get into the turbine side of the turbos... ADS did install the kit (almost 4 years ago)

UPDATE..... Turbos will be in Washington on Tuesday :banghead, then a day to jig and clock them... Should be in the Valley by Monday then the reconstruction starts... Who wants to guess on my new HP number (on nitrous)

Ya.. it was 925 (off nitrous) before.. The problem was that nitrous wasnt doing the turbos justice due to backpressure... We never got a good dyno pull since I would break the tires loose even with 500# of iron in the rear...LOL

No... It broke the tires loose on the nitrous run.... not on the normal 17# run

Well the turbos are in Washington... Should be shipping out by Friday, and in the hands of ADS by Monday... Hopefully I can get my car back by Easter.

Well the turbos are in Washington... Should be shipping out by Friday, and in the hands of ADS by Monday... Hopefully I can get my car back by Easter.

Risen from the dead?

That's it! I'm getting a 750HP shot, twin turbos and a supercharger for my CF just to compete with you guys and...I might change my oil and clean my air filter to add a few more pony's. :P

Risen from the dead?

Risen from the dead?