Phoenix PD and FD lay offs

az-gold

Phill's Vette

I hate to admit it AZ-Slim but I agree with you on this one, .......

Thanks Ed, but honestly I don't see it as being about agreeing or disagreeing but rather the open, respectful, nonconfrontational free expression and exchange of ideas and philosophies.

The end result is that possibly, just maybe we can each learn from each other's varying viewpoints of the world we live in.

No right, no wrong, just coexisting peacefully with respect for one another with everyone abiding by the laws and rules of present day society.

Easier said than done I'll admit.

We are the world, we are the people..... :rockon2:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• az-gold

• Bigfoot

• Eddie44

• Phill's Vette

Thanks Ed, but honestly I don't see it as being about agreeing or disagreeing but rather the open, respectful, nonconfrontational free expression and exchange of ideas and philosophies.

The end result is that possibly, just maybe we can each learn from each other's varying viewpoints of the world we live in.

No right, no wrong, just coexisting peacefully with respect for one another with everyone abiding by the laws and rules of present day society.

I'll just take the opportunity to remind everyone on this thread that ACE doesn't normally allow political threads due to the fact that they RARELY remain civil. I admit, I chimed in on this one so bad on me. Everything stayed mellow in this one but I wouldn't make it a habit to start this kind of thread.

You're not talking about me are you MOFO? You know I can't resist a good political discussion. The problem is too many folks go from discussion to argument. At least I admit I'm an offender! :)

We are the world, we are the people..... :rockon2:

alltogethernow....We are the world, we are the people..... come on everybody group hug now.... :burnout2

Leave it to the purveyors of petroleum, cigarets and beer to see the true value in all of this...lol

You're not talking about me are you MOFO? You know I can't resist a good political discussion. The problem is too many folks go from discussion to argument.

At least I admit I'm an offender! :)

You know that a few can be singled out for turning this thread into something way other than the OP's

topic was. Those that admit to sinning a little in this thread, try to find justification to remind others how much more they are now sinning :lol Yes, that's it...let's now turn this into a religious controversy. Posted Image

You too know I love a little controversy...this thread has been allowed to this point,

you know the subject matter, why click on it :devil

Phill's Vette

If those of opinion could just sit around a BIG bowl of M&M's and beer and talk, the world would be way better! Can I get an Amen?! :peace:

If those of opinion could just sit around a BIG bowl of M&M's and beer and talk, the world would be way better!

Can I get an Amen?!

:peace:

"..a big bowl of M & M's and beer..."???

Must be an east valley thing.

Can we all do the "wave" instead of an Amen?

Why should having a government job entitle anybody a life long career exempt from layoffs or firings?

This information is a widely-believed myth. We are not exempt. State employees can be fired, and there were hundreds of state employees who lost their jobs (lay off) due to budget cuts last year. Some positions were simply eliminated, so there is no being "called back" for those folks when things improve. My personal state job status is that I can be fired at any time, for no reason at all, and I have no protection of any kind, just like a private sector employee.

The only point I was trying to make is that when cuts are needed, they seem to always be made in the wrong places. Cutting police, fire and health services is a big mistake.

I'm more shocked they're closing some DMVs. There's no way those don't rake in the revenue.

More revenue is generated now because of online registration and not having as many employees.

I'm more shocked they're closing some DMVs. There's no way those don't rake in the revenue.

More revenue is generated now because of online registration and not having as many employees.

Every time I'm in a DMV it's packed. That's one business I wish I could be a part of.

Every time I'm in a DMV it's packed. That's one business I wish I could be a part of.

I haven't been to one in about 4 years or so.

Phill's Vette

If those of opinion could just sit around a BIG bowl of M&M's and beer and talk, the world would be way better!

Can I get an Amen?!

:peace:

"..a big bowl of M & M's and beer..."???

Must be an east valley thing.

Can we all do the "wave" instead of an Amen?

:howdy