Moving day - March 12th.

BSeery

Tracy and I will be packing up and moving from Chandler to Murfreesboro TN on March 12th.

WE WILL BE PACKING RAIN OR SHINE!!

It will probably only rain in the morning and be done after lunch, but I will still need help rain or shine.

Thanks to Sandy and Glenn Piller for hosting a going away party for Tracy and I on March 11th. Thanks to Dwayne for getting that party going. We both look forward to one last party with the ACE gang and some :drinkers well into the night.

The next day Tracy and I will be loading up the U-Haul and getting the Vette onto the trailer. Come Monday morning March 13th we are heading east.

We would like to ask one favor of the ACE group. Would anyone be willing to help us pack and load up the truck on Sunady March 12th?

If so, let us know. "RSVP" here.

We will supply water, sodas and food to all that come over and help lend a hand.

Even if you could just come by and watch and say "hi" and "bye" one last time, Tracy and I would love to see you all there.

Address is 625 N. Hamilton St -- #31 -- Chandler Arizona.

From Ray and Arizona Ave -- go east on Ray to Jackson. Turn right. Follow Ray as the road jogs around. Our house is the 2nd from last on the right side. Most likely my red Vette and a moving van will be visible.

Thanks to all those that can come and help out.

I'm going to try to be there, it all depends on how late we stay at Glenn's, and how long I end up sleeping that party off ... :drinkers

3,503 lbs of trouble

My DeLorean will be in the annual Wheels of Britain car show that day, but I will try to come by after the show. I assume you will still be going after 5 PM?

Count me in for a box or two. J/K I'll be there. What time? :hunter Is that Cheney?

Shoot for 10 a.m. (ish)

• 2 weeks later...

Shoot for 10 a.m. (ish)

So what time do you think you'll be all packed up? :D

Show up at 10 a.m. and find out with the rest of us.

What if I have a note from my orthopod doc saying I can't lift anything? Can I still come eat your food & drink your beer? :D

I just noticed the tag under my name :smilelol

• 2 weeks later...

We are still on for tomorrow. If you don't want to help, at least stop by and say bye.

Glad to hear that!!

We will need all the help we can get !

And, it looks like no rain, but you better bring a jacket. ----- brrrrr!!

Bryan & Tracy are packed, the truck is full, the vette is on the trailer and they're ready to head East. :cheers

Really sorry I couldn't make it again, the change in weather brought out all the gremlins on the railroad and guess who got stuck with them????

I hate it when life gets in the way of having fun. :banghead

Well, as of this moment we are in Little Rock Arkansas.

Monday --- well it was a typical Monday. I wanted to leave by 8 a.m., which I knew meant 9 a.m. It was about 8 a.m. that I noticed a very big pin that goes through the neck of the trailer and hold the draw bar to the trailer. The pin was 1/2 way out and it was stuck at an angle. That meant we had to take the trailer to Budget in Snottsdale to have a mechanic fix it. Before we could do that, I had to call AAA to come unlock the truck. Yep, I locked the keys in it. SO, after AAA opened the truck and the mechanic fixed the trailer ("yes, if that pin falls out the whole trailer comes loose") it was 12:30 p.m. before we hit the road.

Spare all the minor details but we made it to Tucumcari NM around 11:30 p.m. for the first nights stay. Today was a trip from NM to TX then OK and finally to AR. Tomorrow is the last 350 miles to TN.

I will take some pictures of the car tomorrow. It's absolutely filthy. All the snow in Payson and further north was melting so the roads were all wet and dirty. The vette is now tan on the front and red on the tail. NASTY looking. It would make Randy have heart failure.

I will post more later once we get in the house and will add some pictures when I get time.

See ya all later.

We made it.

Everything is in one piece. Just got the internet connection installed at the homestead and I just got in to read over 1 weeks worth of e-mail.

I want to thank Robert, Dave, Phil, and Don for helping load the truck. It took us from about 10:30 till around 4 p.m. to load the truck and we unloaded it in about 3 hours. Of course now most of it's still in the garage in boxes and in the way.

We painted one room, cleaned all the carpets and have been doing other repairs. 3 days in the house and a toilet started leaking so that had to get replaced. We also replaced the refrigerator with a side by side like we had in Chandler only to find out that there is a wall blocking the freezer door from opening all the way. Had to get a top mount freezer model with a built in water dispenser instead. The dishwasher was a contractor P.O.S. version (1 cycle selection) so I had to install a new dishwasher as well. New washer and dryer, Tracy has been playing with them.

Went out yesterday and dropped $1100 on my latest toy -- a riding lawnmower. I've never had a yard big enough to justify a riding mover and can't wait for the rain to stop, the yard to grow and to put some passes on the grass to see how it works.

This week I get to finish building my office. Before I had a 10x10 office that I had to share with Tracy. Now its about 17x22 and it's a room all for me. I have enough room for my computers, model trains, TV with XBox and room for a recliner and plenty of places for my die cast cars.

The garage needs to have a bench and cabinets built, so I have to go through all of that again.

Sorry that there are no pictures yet, haven't found the box with the camera yet.

Guest Kens06

Cool update Bryan!!

When you start looking forward to cutting grass, either you never had your Dad on your ass to do it ALL the time, or you have been in AZ too long and green is a new color!! :smilelol:smilelol

Nice sized MAN ROOM!! :thumbs:thumbs

Ken

Guest XLR8TNC5
Went out yesterday and dropped $1100 on my latest toy -- a riding lawnmower. I've never had a yard big enough to justify a riding mover and can't wait for the rain to stop, the yard to grow and to put some passes on the grass to see how it works.

Yep, you will have no problem fittin in with the locals with a statement like that.

"Dat dare lawn mooer sure is a purty one! You gunna supercharge her? You reckon you gunna enter maybe sum of dem tractor pulls?" lol.....

Lata Bryan. Glad to see you both made it in alright. How did the furry critters fare?

Tanya

Good to hear the move was uneventful for the most part. Got any of that white stuff left there?

The cats did ok. We drugged them up pretty good for day 1. They stayed pretty quiet and didn't cause too much trouble.

Day 2 we didn't dope them up and they still stayed decently calm about the whole ordeal.

Day 3 they cryed and howled the whole 300 miles of the last day.

No, we don't have any white stuff. Saw plenty of it leaving Arizona though. Going up the Beeline there were hundreds of cars pulled over as people were playing in the snow, sledding down the hills and taking pictures of cactus with snow on it. It's been pretty much just rain out here. Yesterday and today look sunny, but the high isn't even going to be in the 50's so it's a bit chilly.

Glad to hear ALL made the long trek in one piece. Take that lawn mower up a little hill and let it roll backwards a little and then pop the clutch...instant wheel stand. That's the only reason I enjoyed mowing the grass while growing up. :burnout

Poor kittahs....

We miss ya already Bryan and Tracy. Glad to hear you're putting those home sale profits to work already--but aren't you supposed to buy speed parts? :thumbs

M~

i can see it now - there's gonna be a christmas tree and a 2 lane GRASS 1/8 mile track in his front yard - as well as an OVAL grass track for the nascar type "passes"

i want to move someplace where i can justify a riding lawnmower myself - they look like so much fun! i'm already thinking about how to put a turbo on one! :smilelol

:burnout