Our little piece of Tennessee.

BSeery

Last Thursday I flew out to Nashville to start looking for houses. On Friday I found our new house to be. Here is the house that I picked out.

1511 Dodd Trail -- Murfreesboro, TN -- 37128

hr735346-0.jpg

hr735346-1.jpg

I will post more pictures tuesday when I get home to the high speed internet and get off this dial up crap.

House details:

1800+ sq. feet

2 car garage

corner lot -- huge !! The back yard area that is fenced is 80 foot by 78 foot and the front yard is much bigger.

3 bed / 2 1/2 bath. It has a formal dining room, 10x20 kitchen with a 9 x 14 eat in kitchen. It also has a "bonus room" that is about 22x18 of open space.

We got it for $149,500. Real estate out here is MUCH cheaper. The brand new huge brick mansions they are building still come out at under $100 / sq feet. Yeah, a large 3000 sq foot house for under $300K is very easily done out here.

We move out of our place in Chandler on March 12 and move into this one on March 16 / 17th depending on closing dates.

I"m going to send bryan a box of dust about once a month just so he will feel at home... :D

Great looking dig's Bryan :thumbs

Guest XLR8TNC5

Awww, that is a cute place. I wish we had that land here. That would kick ass.I hate hearing my neighbors everytime they sneeze!

Good for the both of you!!

T

Where is the stucco :huh :D

:cool wood floors I suppose?

The entry way and dining room are hardwood. Not that pergo crap but real hardwood floors. The kitchen and eat in dining kitchen section is linolium right now, but that will most likely end up as tile later on as we remodel the kitchen area. The rest is carpet that in some sections is in excellent condition and in others will need replacing in years to come.

The area I was worried most about is concrete. The garage is concrete and the big long driveway is concrete. We will have to pour a concrete pad for the trailer, but that won't take too much work.

No stucco out here. It's either brick or vinyl siding. Guess I need to get a bunch of 303 Protectant and put a gloss on that siding. :cool

with a yard that big, you could put in your own 1/8 mile track.....

No NHRA tech for the vega...

The "3rd runner up" house that we looked at was at 126 Quarter Mile Court. I really wanted to be able to get that house and that address. However the house was way old, the upstairs was not finished, the kitchen was straight out of the early '80's and the garage was a 1 car and workbench size at best.

Quarter Mile Court is 1/4 mile long cul-de-sac coming off of 1 Mile Lane. I figured I could use 1/4 mile court as a 1/8 mile track with a burnout box at one end and a shut off area at the other. Guess I will have to race on Tahoma or Dodd for now.

Good for you!

congrats

3000 sq. ft. for 300K? heck, i could afford that!

hmmmmm, maybe i should look for a job out there - bryan, need new neighbor? :D

3,503 lbs of trouble
No stucco out here. It's either brick or vinyl siding. Guess I need to get a bunch of 303 Protectant and put a gloss on that siding. :cool

Don't you still have a ton of those sample bottles left over from the '04 Poker Run? :lol