• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Buccaneer

• Phill's Vette

• Bigfoot

• LastC3

Still waiting for him to call me back. I went over at noon and it wasn't ready yet...CRAP!

Well, I picked up the manifold from the machist and it looks pretty good. It appears that we will need to make a slight tweak on one side. but I think thats it. I'll post some pics later.

Couple pics. The CTS sensor and bracket holes were not made into this one, since there is no need. The top plate holes were also not cut since we still have to wait for the top plate this next week and ensure the holes go in the correct positions.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'd like to see this in person. I've seen plenty of manifolds, but this one seems strange to me. When/where you going to put one on a car?

Phill's Vette

I've seen plenty of manifolds, but this one seems strange to me.

:smilelol That is the world of Crossfire, where nothing is as it seems.

I'd like to see this in person. I've seen plenty of manifolds, but this one seems strange to me.

When/where you going to put one on a car?

Yeah, the CF is a strange critter no doubt. Since I have a T-stat wigging out on me, I'll just change out my current manifold with our new one and kill two birds with one stone. Not sure when though, it depends on a couple of things. I can post when I plan on doing it if you want to watch or whatever. You should see the top plate, it looks pretty cool and hopefully we'll have that this week...I'll post pics when we have it.

Well I just bought a new tent and sleeping bag....I'll be up tonight at DCS HQ and camp out for the next 4 days. :popcorn: Won't shower, shave or change clothes until I get my intake. :ack :ack I thought they were being to be 'red'? :angel

Phill's Vette

From Tom & Jim at DCS (Dynamic Crossfire Solutions) This is the almost complete CFI manifold!

This is a work of ART, by two people that had the passion and patience to make this project happen!

There has been a lot of things come out over the years to help improve the so-called lowly Crossfire, but nothing this big and nothing this good! They have effectively turned the CFI world upside down!

You guys ROCK!!!!

:banannasword::banannasword: :banannasword: :banannasword: :banannasword: :banannasword: :banannasword: :banannasword:

Posted Image

Posted Image

This still doesn't look like an intake manifold. :banghead

When you guys puting this on? I want to see and help.

Ok Sean, does this help any?

Posted Image

This is the old Edelbrock SY1 aka Smokey Ram with two CF TBs on it. It has to be modified to use this manifold since it was a dual quad manifold to start and must be adpated to use TBs. It doesn't perform well on a stock motor. It needs a rather large modded motor that like to live in the high rpm range, not the most ideal manifold for the street, but it works. These are hard to find and people want a lot for them. The runners under the top plate are completely different than ours as well.

Well, it's got some benefits. It is very low profile and can support long intake runners.

Well, that's good for plenum volume, but sure doesn't look efficient for intake velocity and atomization.

Yes fuel puddling is a problem because of low velocity since it's a wet manifold, compared to a direct injection manifold, but your looking at 30 year old technology here. And the reason for weak performance was the runner size, below you can see the stock runner outlet, the left one was opened up to match the head. My old 82 with 100,000 plus mile stock did 204 HP and 290 TQ The factory ratings where: Horsepower 200 @ 4200 rpm Torque (lb-ft) 285 @ 2800 rpm

Dwayne hit the nail on the head, it is a wet system and with that comes issue. The key is velocity and when the A/F drops out of suspension, so does the power. Thats why using large runner heads on a CF isn't a great idea, bigger isn't always better. A 195 runner is the recommended limit and somewhere between 180 - 195 is the ideal target area. I use Dart Pro1 180s and they work fine, Jim uses Trickflow 195s. The design on the stock manifold is pretty much all wrong and during testing found that the runner inlet's were actually conter productive and causes somewhat a reverse flow as well at the opening being flat and almost against the wall, Ours corrects that issue and excelerates the flow and has the correct runner angle and taper. There is also dead air areas in the stock manifold that we have addressed and corrected. The crosssectional area has as been increased along with a 20% gain in plenum volume area.