AHHH, DAMN! *@#$ SCOTTSDALE

Guest XLR8TNC5

but if it IS your spouse, you don't have to "testify" against your spouse - some crazy law get's you out of that.

There is a specific AZ state statute that says you can't be compelled to testify against your spouse. You can testify but the state can't make you or hold you in contempt if you don't. Just a word to the wise here guys.... Don't piss her off! :lol

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Togo

• Eddie44

• 3,503 lbs of trouble

• Drewstein

but if it IS your spouse, you don't have to "testify" against your spouse - some crazy law get's you out of that.

There is a specific AZ state statute that says you can't be compelled to testify against your spouse. You can testify but the state can't make you or hold you in contempt if you don't. Just a word to the wise here guys.... Don't piss her off! :lol

that's not the only reason not to pi$$ her off - especially if you cross registered your vette in HER name - and that's as much as i'm gonna say here (we all know what the divorce rate is in BOTH this country AND in maricopa county!) :leaving

Guest freedom25

I'm in favor of the photo radar also. It's a source of revenue for the city and I would much rather see the speeders taxed than the property owners, or a raise in sales tax...or even, (bite my tounge) a city income tax like in NYC.

Taxing vices, nicotine, alcohol, the need for speed on public roadways, etc., is a good idea in my opinion.

I'm in favor of the photo radar also. It's a source of revenue for the city and I would much rather see the speeders taxed than the property owners, or a raise in sales tax...or even, (bite my tounge) a city income tax like in NYC.

Taxing vices, nicotine, alcohol, the need for speed on public roadways, etc., is a good idea in my opinion.

:huh

What f'n planet did you come from??

You drive a Corvette to do what? Beat off in the garage??

You are a troll trying to stir up shit, well numbnuts let's go!! :cuss:cuss

Ken

Put on your right blinker and move the hell over. :mad

and don't forget to TURN IT OFF after safely completing your lane change :burnout

Well slick,

I can't review your news video right now, because I am burning a DVD on my main system and don't give a shit about the plug in' on this one!

If you think the revenues for the City of Scottsdale from those six, four foot patches of asphalt is going to have any impact, you need to read more!!

This is a federally funded part of the Interstate Highway System.

The city does not pay to maintain the roadway, where do they get off collecting revenue?

The only REAL money being made here is by the Aussie company that makes, installs and decides whose's pics are worth procecuting!!

Ken

smilie_groupflip2.gif

Independent thinkers, I see.

You do realize there is no interent access in jail??  :cfdeadagain

So how are you getting access to this forum??

Did your 'ole man' get you keys to the warden's office??

Ken

Guest freedom25
Where will the money collected from fines go?

For a typical $157 photo enforcement citation, about $73 goes to the state in the form of surcharges to support the Criminal Justice Enhancement Fund and other designated state programs, and the City Court receives $10 for a fund used only for court operations enhancements. Redflex Traffic Systems, the city's photo enforcement contractor, receives $42.48 for each paid citation. The remaining $32 covers general operating costs for the program, including city rental payments to Redflex for the equipment and other police, prosecutor and court costs.

You might want to check your figures there, sprout. More than half goes to the state, I don't live in Scottsdale so I'm good with that. :thumbs

I don't know where you went to school but in YOUR quote I see $73 state $10 city

and $74 for the Redflex Co!!

AZ 50% to contractor 50%??

I don't know where those #came from but It's highly unlikely the truth!!

Scottsdale gets court costs............... Right

Ken

Guest freedom25
I don't know where those #came from but It's highly unlikely the truth!!

Lets see...believe the city of scottsdale website or believe you...what a tough decision. :smilelol

Guest XLR8TNC5

I am requesting this topic be closed, as we all know who the antangonist is here and enough is enough. We all have our opinions on the matter.

When I posted this, it was supposed to be a funny, hahaha, Im a tard for getting caught thing. (and I was in the TITAN when I got it!!!! Just wanted to post that lil bit of FYI.) :P

I understand it became a political concern to a certain "someone." (Freedom25) But in the end, we agree to disagree and I'm done looking at anything more "NEGATIVE, ANTAGONISTIC, or SELF-RIGHTEOUS" from this whole thing. :toetap

Thank you everyone for the input. Both good and bad. :flag

Best Regards and Safe Driving.

T

P.S. I will still drive my Vette the way it was intended to be driven. I just gotta be a little more careful with the TITAN. lol. :thumbs

Guest XLR8TNC5

Excellent, then Im sure, since you are all for it and plan to help support the financial input by contributing to their "cause." So, start drinking, start smoking, and start getting your picture taken. They will be very happy to know you are such a supportive member of society.

Oh wait, you meant you support it as long as you don't have to put any of your own money into it? I understand now.

T

2006 Pending Legislation...

Arizona State Legislature takes on Photo Radar

The legislature is concerned with the use of photo radar on the Loop 101 freeway and the fairness of the photo enforcement process. To deal with these issues, a number of bills have been introduced this session. Read more about each bill and follow its progress through the legislature. Contact the bills' sponsors, your own representatives or senator, or any other member to urge support for these pending bills.

* HB2174 - requires standards for use of photo enforcement.

* HB2180 - makes ADOT responsible for all aspects of photo radar; requires that all fine money go to the state.

* HB2411 - says no points for photo red light violations and no traffic survival school; says no points for photo speeding tickets; limits fines to a maximum $100.

* HB2245 - says court must have proof of driver and equipment must be calibrated; says court may not report ticket to MVD; says license cannot be suspended for a photo ticket; ; says a ticket must be signed by a human being; says city has 30 days to serve ticket.

* HB2251 - says moneys from photo enforcement go to the state treasurer.

* HB2612 - requires state agencies to charge $200 for each request for information used to process a photo enforcement ticket; gives money to state treasurer.

* HB2722 - says fees for defensive driving school for photo tickets must be forwarded to the state highway department.

* SB1146 - prohibits use of photo radar or photo enforcement on state highways.

* SB1460 - requires flat fees in contracts with photo radar compaies and prohibits fees based on a per-ticket basis.

* SB1473 - requires a law enforcement officer to witness a violation before a photo radar ticket may be issued.

* SB1500 - invalidates all photo tickets where calibration by the department of weights and measure show equipment not accurate.; requires refunds of invalid ticket; requires department to randomly check devices.

* SB1507 - prohibits use of photo radar on state highways.

These all came from http://photoradarlaw.com/service.htm

So in short, there are alot of people that are unhappy with this idea, and it seems that something will get done about it in short order.

2006 Pending Legislation...

Arizona State Legislature takes on Photo Radar

The legislature is concerned with the use of photo radar on the Loop 101 freeway and the fairness of the photo enforcement process. To deal with these issues, a number of bills have been introduced this session. Read more about each bill and follow its progress through the legislature. Contact the bills' sponsors, your own representatives or senator, or any other member to urge support for these pending bills.

* HB2174 - requires standards for use of photo enforcement.

* HB2180 - makes ADOT responsible for all aspects of photo radar; requires that all fine money go to the state.

* HB2411 - says no points for photo red light violations and no traffic survival school; says no points for photo speeding tickets; limits fines to a maximum $100.

* HB2245 - says court must have proof of driver and equipment must be calibrated; says court may not report ticket to MVD; says license cannot be suspended for a photo ticket; ; says a ticket must be signed by a human being; says city has 30 days to serve ticket.

* HB2251 - says moneys from photo enforcement go to the state treasurer.

* HB2612 - requires state agencies to charge $200 for each request for information used to process a photo enforcement ticket; gives money to state treasurer.

* HB2722 - says fees for defensive driving school for photo tickets must be forwarded to the state highway department.

* SB1146 - prohibits use of photo radar or photo enforcement on state highways.

* SB1460 - requires flat fees in contracts with photo radar compaies and prohibits fees based on a per-ticket basis.

* SB1473 - requires a law enforcement officer to witness a violation before a photo radar ticket may be issued.

* SB1500 - invalidates all photo tickets where calibration by the department of weights and measure show equipment not accurate.; requires refunds of invalid ticket; requires department to randomly check devices.

* SB1507 - prohibits use of photo radar on state highways.

These all came from http://photoradarlaw.com/service.htm

So in short, there are alot of people that are unhappy with this idea, and it seems that something will get done about it in short order.

if you look at my post from a while back, the "article" kind of mentioned a point or 2 that those HB's and SB's are talking about.

http://arizonavette.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=1202

i am still going to continue my boycott of scottsdale as best i can!

:burnout

I am requesting this topic be closed, as we all know who the antangonist is here and enough is enough. We all have our opinions on the matter.

This is being closed at the request of the topic starter.

This topic is in Corvette General and should be in Off Topic. I understand the differences of opinons but this topic is really going no where. Remember that we are all here hopefully for the same reason - Corvettes.

Please remember we want to promote a clean, healthy, respectful atmosphere where people are not afraid to ask questions, participate in this community and generally have a good time discussing the things we love most - Corvettes.

Thanks for the understanding.

Phil... :devil