AHHH, DAMN! *@#$ SCOTTSDALE

Guest XLR8TNC5

Guest XLR8TNC5

So, Mark and I are heading home lastnight on the 101 at about 1030pm. This bright light comes flashing through the window at us. SCARED the CRAPOLA out of me. I didn't know what it was. It was dark outside and all of the sudden this bright flash comes through the windows!

YOU GUESSED IT!!! Mother PUCKERS! I am pretty sure we got hit by Photo Radar. I know I was doing between 75 and 80mph. There was a beamer that passed us and was passing everyone in the world right before then. So, I know he probably got popped as well, but it pissed me off. There was no traffic, it is late at night and I should be able to do 80mph with no problem. ESPECIALLY since the interstates are governed at 75mph!!!

I plan to throw away the ticket when it gets here. Now, I do feel violated. I wasn't being unsafe and it was late at night. And I wasn't doing more than probably 76mph.

Like the Tee-shirt says F##K SCOTTSDALE!!! :mad :mad

Tanya

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Togo

• Eddie44

• 3,503 lbs of trouble

• Drewstein

Guest XLR8TNC5

Well, that is good to know. Still, it is b.s.! But I do feel a little better now. Thanks Dan.

Here is a link I think you all will find useful. I plan to order 3 of these plate covers asap. :cuss

One for each Vette and one for the Titan, which is what I was driving lastnight when this happened.

Also, they are only $24.95, as opposed to $50.00 on some other sites.

http://www.hotlinkcity.com/PhotoShield/

Yes, it's a warning ticket till Feb 22!!

I drive thru them every day!!

It's funny because the traffic flow slows down before the lights then right back to 80 till the next one!!

Why did you go home that way????

Ken

Yes, it's a warning ticket till Feb 22!!

I drive thru them every day!!

It's funny because the traffic flow slows down before the lights then right back to 80 till the next one!!

Why did you go home that way????

Ken

yeah- why'd you go home that way? i thought you were joining me on the boycott of snottsdale! :toetap

The fastest thus far is 122 MPH :lol think he got a warning :leaving

Anybody know where Glenn was that night??? :smilelol:smilelol

I came home from speedworld via the 101 today...

I know where the radar is.... so I slow down to about 45 till I get past it....

Samething on Bell rd.... (in front of ABC nissan)....

Personally I think ABC put that in, so you would HAVE to look at their cars.

I think that would be a great boycott. Some Corvette Sat we all need to leave the Pavs three or four at a time and block all lanes at about 50mph. 10 mins later 3 or 4 more leave and do the same thing. Continue this until we've all left. Imagine how quick traffic would clog up. :D

I think that would be a great boycott. Some Corvette Sat we all need to leave the Pavs three or four at a time and block all lanes at about 50mph. 10 mins later 3 or 4 more leave and do the same thing. Continue this until we've all left. Imagine how quick traffic would clog up. :D

gottab e careful of that one - you of all people should know that we'd then all be eligible for tickets for impeding the flow of traffic.

ask me how i know this.

Guest XLR8TNC5
ask me how i know this.

Ok, Ill bite, how do you know this.... :D

Ken, I had to go home that way, I do not know any other way...Besides, that was the way that I had already left the breadcrumbs to follow back.... But guess what, the birds got em and I can't wait to see the pic that I get in the mail.

Honestly, I can see a lot of lawsuits coming about from those photo radars and the flash at night. Seriously, it scared me to death and I was in the middle of changing lanes and nearly swerved back the other direction thinking that someone or something was coming into my lane. It wasn't pretty and Im sure I nearly gave the guy next to us a heart attack with my evasive manuever. :mad I can see those things with their flash in the dark of night causing reactions in drivers that would not be pretty.

I mean, think about it Scottsdale!!! DURRR. I started thinking about it and did some research and it appears that Scottsdale has thought about this and has purchased a $5M Insurance Policy to cover their asses in case of lawsuits. Somehow, I don't think that will even cover their asses if I or anyone else should get in an accident due to a reaction from the flash. :angry

HOW STUPID!!!!!!!!!! :toetap

T

ok - since you asked :D

back in the day - oh like 13 years ago - when kids and adults alike used to "cruise" the metro center circle, a friend of mine was talking to a couple girls in another mini truck next to us, we were driving slow, and traffic was backing up behind us - so we both get pulled over - and i'm sure since she was female (and it was a male cop) she got off, and i got a ticket for impeding the flow of traffic.

yes i'm one of the ones that caused those huge steel gates to be put in at metro center! :D

Guest XLR8TNC5
I'm going to fly through there at 150 or more and see what they say...

Drew,

LEt me know when and we will get a few other (BLACK) cars together and all do it. LMAO!!! I wonder what the people pulling the information off the system would think when they saw that picture!!! :eek I know there are at least 100 or so BLACK vettes in this club. lol...... THat would be just one SICK ass picture to see a zillion black vettes doing 150mph through the photo radars and ALL OF US HAVE our license plates covered. HOLY CRAP, I am getting so excited just thinking about it. lmao.....

I know it wont happen, but just..........DAYUMMMM that would be so cool!

Tanya

3,503 lbs of trouble
I'm going to fly through there at 150 or more and see what they say...

:huhnono.gif Well, If you've been listening to the news you'd already know. Since it's widely known that the city is only issuing warnings 'till 2/21, it seems the latest "thing" is to drive that stretch pulling stunts. People have been pulling 100+, and a few daring folks have even literally driven from the back seat to create a shocking pic for Scottsdale's finest. It's getting foolish and dangerous, and both the city and DPS has taken notice. They are investigating the game players, and even planting motorcycle officers just beyond the cameras. So, if you all want to play, I'm sure my other brother Dan will pass along the number of his attorney to help you with your criminal reckless driving charges.

See yas in teh pokey! :howdy

I'll do it, and if someone wants to ride shotty to film, it would be all the more funny.

I'll head up to Cactus, place tape over my plate and rip through there. I'll get off at the next exit to un-tape the plate. This will all be at or around midnight if not later for safety reasons.

3,503 lbs of trouble
I'll do it, and if someone wants to ride shotty to film, it would be all the more funny.

I'll head up to Cactus, place tape over my plate and rip through there. I'll get off at the next exit to un-tape the plate. This will all be at or around midnight if not later for safety reasons.

Do the rest of us a favor. When it makes the news, leave the name "A.C.E." out of it.

Guest XLR8TNC5

Damn, I like the way Drew thinks, but I agree with Dan, it isn't worth it. Not to mention it is just too much of a risk of losing your car or getting it impounded and getting possibly POUNDED by the police if they should happen to catch ya.

However, Drew, Ill ride shot gun in that fantasy if you don't mind..... :D

Tanya

Well I have the 140mph speeding ticket on my wall at home. I've gone as fast as 180 on the 101 before.

I will tell you that the 180 was at 2am to be safe as possible.

I have calmed down since then I think. Now that I'm making some scary power.

3,503 lbs of trouble
I've gone as fast as 180 on the 101 before. I will tell you that the 180 was at 2am to be safe as possible.
:huh As safe as possible? There is not one ounce of safe in doing 180 on the 101 at any hour. I didn't even have the balls to do that in a C5 on the closed GM Proving Ground test track at 2 AM. Hey, as I've even admitted, I'm guilty of some "spirited" driving on some of our A.C.E. runs out in the boonies, but nothing close to 180 on a freeway. That's just madness.

I have calmed down since then I think.  Now that I'm making some scary power.
You think? Dude, if you want to kill yourself, be my guest. Just don't take me, my family or my friends with you. Do that shit on a track.

3,503 lbs of trouble

Ya know, I've got to admit I have mixed feelings about the Loop 101 photo radar thing. Naturally, my immediate instinctive reaction is against it. But, then there I am in my 45" tall stainless steel machine doing 78 MPH in the middle lane, moving with the flow of traffic when suddenly I have Muffy in the pimped out Escalade her daddy bought her, with a cigarette in one hand and cell phone glued to her ear in the other riding my bumper in annoyance that I'm in her precious way, and my life hanging in the balance. That's when I say I've had enough of that bullshit, and someone or something needs to mellow these self absorbed assholes out. Well, here it is. The first photo radar system installed on a freeway in the U.S. If people would F'n think when they drive, it would not have come to this.

:rant

Guest UVETTYA

I've noticed two things since photo radar went up. People are driving slower through that section of the 101. But, it seems to me like they're taking their vengence out everywhere else and speeds around the valley have picked up quite a bit.

Steve

I've noticed two things since photo radar went up. People are driving slower through that section of the 101. But, it seems to me like they're taking their vengence out everywhere else and speeds around the valley have picked up quite a bit.

Steve

i agree - this was my theory all along - people drive insane right up to the point where the cameras are - then mellow out - some (including me) even drive well below the posted speed limit in the "zone" (which brings up another interesting story - see below) then when that Eminiem (8-mile) stretch is over, the speeds pick right back up - it's like the cameras are a caution flag on the nascar 101 super speedway, and when the last camera is passed, the green flag drops again!

*interesting story here*

i was showing the G/F the cameras as she heard about them, but wondered about their concept - so i'm pointing them out as I am driving 55MPH on the 101 and get past the second camera - and there goes my exit! i was so busy looking for the cameras, i missed my exit, luckily i caught it by the next one and was able to get back on track just going a mere mile out of our way! :lol