8th Annual Gila Bend BBQ

Desertdawg

This and the river run are the 'must do' events on ACE. Can't wait to see the monster turnout this year. :partygrnhat:

Couldn't agree more. I had to miss the river last year, so I ain't gonna miss this one.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jstrutt

• Desertdawg

• Big Poppa

• old yeller

This and the river run are the 'must do' events on ACE. Can't wait to see the monster turnout this year. :partygrnhat:

If anyone's on the fence about this one I highly suggest you show up for this one!

Hopefully we'll be doing the Aceball Rally annually too.

If anyone's on the fence about this one I highly suggest you show up for this one!

Hopefully we'll be doing the Aceball Rally annually too.

Quit picking on Chad and that other (nameless) fence wrecker. It's just not nice. :lol

I went through the list and these are the CONFIRMED posts:

Desertdawg

Bigfoot99 (2)

Eddie44 (2)

wickedfastvette

Major (2)

old yeller (2)

08Z51 (2)

Buccaneer (2)

EUDLOSE (2)

CYZDMND (2)

L8RDAYS (2) ((MARCO))

Big Poppa (2)

Christine (2)

jstrutt (2)

azslim (2)

GarAB13 (2?)

Wishbone (2)

ICULUKN (2)

jack52r (2)

F22trainer (2)

StevieG (2)

06yumavette (2)

mrhusker (2)

roneva (2)

KINGRON

YumaZ06 (2?)

azcueball (2)

black beauty (2)

1SikVette

Mregor

Malcolm (2)

Mikey (2)

Dvl4evr (2)

cannondale5050 (2?)

Dewey

hiperf406 (2)

Z06vette037 (2)

Blk n Blu (2)

RojoSi5 (2)

C6-2008cpeman (2)

Gerald B Clark (2)

TheCMSH

Sunchaser (2)

Yuma Rich (2)

Azz061 (2)

Lizable (2)

Madmax (2)

Norse Pagan (2)

bmagg (7)

There are about a dozen maybe's.

Rich, please let me know how many are coming with you!!!!

Hello all! An e-mail was sent to me from Eddie suggesting Velocity Vettes join with you this year for your BBQ, since we haven't made any firm plans for Feb it sounded like a good plan. The only problem is, I won't have a complete head count for at least another two weeks. Right now I have at least 10 couples interested but I know the number will grow in two weeks. How about giving me a deadline for the sign up and I'll post it on our website tomorrow? Thanks and look forward to joining you all on the 27th! Ed Frias Velocity Vettes www.velocityvette.org

It would really be nice to know by the 20th because I need to buy start preparing all the meat by then, right now it's looking like I'm at 60 pounds. I'll grab another 25 pound clod if this gets much bigger!!!

It would really be nice to know by the 20th because I need to buy start preparing all the meat by then, right now it's looking like I'm at 60 pounds.

I'll grab another 25 pound clod if this gets much bigger!!!

Okay,

I'll post the BBQ with a deadline date of the 20th! That gives plenty of time for people to decide, even the last minute stragglers! :facepalm: Where would you want us to meet you, in Phoenix or Gila Bend? Where is the best posting regarding the details so I can just transpose it to our Future driveout page?

Thanks,

Ed

Okay,

I'll post the BBQ with a deadline date of the 20th! That gives plenty of time for people to decide, even the last minute stragglers! :facepalm: Where would you want us to meet you, in Phoenix or Gila Bend? Where is the best posting regarding the details so I can just transpose it to our Future driveout page?

Thanks,

Ed

It depends on where you're coming from. I know the west siders meet in the Lowe's parking lot at Dysart Rd, just north of I-10.

Not sure where the easties are meeting...but if you read back through you should be able to find it if needed.

Can someone please give me an address of the park and other details so I can post this event? The first posting gives directions but no details. Thanks Ed Frias

Here you go Ed:

202 North Euclid Avenue, Gila Bend, AZ

EVERYBODY!

Please remember Jammye an I put this on for ACE, if your not a member, or your bringing non-members then please respect ACE and what we have as a club, Try to get to know some of us and like we always say, Everyone is welcome to join ACE!

I hope all of you active members try to get around and meet all the newbies and those joining us as a guest.....

:ACE:

Dwayne, What is the cost per person? Would you like us to bring side dishes? What is the name of the park? If everybody is meeting at 12pm at the park, how long does it take to get there from north Phoenix (101 & 17)? Would some of your group like the Velocity Vettes group coming down from Prescott to meet them someplace? Thanks, Ed

Ed, There is not a set cost but there will be a donation jar that we'd all like to see overflowing when lunch is over. Dwayne provides just about anything you can imagine to go with BBQ but if someone wants to bring a dessert it will be eaten I think there is only one park in Gila Bend. See the map in the original post. There will be two groups (east valley and west valley) Easterners are going down through Maricopa and Westies are going down SR85. You'd probably be best off meeting up with the westerners at Lowe's parking lot at Dysart Rd, just north of I-10.

Ed,

There is not a set cost but there will be a donation jar that we'd all like to see overflowing when lunch is over.

Dwayne provides just about anything you can imagine to go with BBQ but if someone wants to bring a dessert it will be eaten

If you want spirited beverages Dwayne does not provide any of that however. :thumbs

Dawg, you have a few from Yuma already listed Major (2) 06YumaVette (2) YumaZ06 (1) RojoSi5 (2) YumaRich (2) ----------------------------- Messer1 (2) Maybe and response from others that they are going, makes me estimate total of 12 or more cars. I hope to have more solid commitment tomorrow.

M~ said we are not on the confirmed list..... I feel so left out...... :P We will be there. Andrew

I just added you to the list, I hope top billing helps your feelings a little! :toetap AnMracing (2) Desertdawg Bigfoot99 (2) Eddie44 (2) wickedfastvette Major (2) old yeller (2) 08Z51 (2) Buccaneer (2) EUDLOSE (2) CYZDMND (2) L8RDAYS (2) ((MARCO)) Big Poppa (2) Christine (2) jstrutt (2) azslim (2) GarAB13 (2?) Wishbone (2) ICULUKN (2) jack52r (2) F22trainer (2) StevieG (2) 06yumavette (2) mrhusker (2) roneva (2) KINGRON YumaZ06 (1) azcueball (2) black beauty (2) 1SikVette Mregor Malcolm (2) Mikey (2) Dvl4evr (2) cannondale5050 (2?) Dewey hiperf406 (2) Z06vette037 (2) Blk n Blu (2) RojoSi5 (2) C6-2008cpeman (2) Gerald B Clark (2) TheCMSH Sunchaser (2) Yuma Rich (2) Azz061 (2) Lizable (2) Madmax (2) Norse Pagan (2) bmagg (7) Messer1 (2)

I just added you to the list, I hope top billing helps your feelings a little! :toetap

AnMracing (2)

Desertdawg

Bigfoot99 (2)

Eddie44 (2)

wickedfastvette

Major (2)

old yeller (2)

08Z51 (2)

Buccaneer (2)

EUDLOSE (2)

CYZDMND (2)

L8RDAYS (2) ((MARCO))

Big Poppa (2)

Christine (2)

jstrutt (2)

azslim (2)

GarAB13 (2?)

Wishbone (2)

ICULUKN (2)

jack52r (2)

F22trainer (2)

StevieG (2)

06yumavette (2)

mrhusker (2)

roneva (2)

KINGRON

YumaZ06 (1)

azcueball (2)

black beauty (2)

1SikVette

Mregor

Malcolm (2)

Mikey (2)

Dvl4evr (2)

cannondale5050 (2?)

Dewey

hiperf406 (2)

Z06vette037 (2)

Blk n Blu (2)

RojoSi5 (2)

C6-2008cpeman (2)

Gerald B Clark (2)

TheCMSH

Sunchaser (2)

Yuma Rich (2)

Azz061 (2)

Lizable (2)

Madmax (2)

Norse Pagan (2)

bmagg (7)

Messer1 (2)

I feel sooooooo much better now......... :lol

Andrew

Velocity Vettes confirms 11 people as of now, no doubt the number will grow by the 20th! Still waiting to hear what the name of the Park is in Gila Bend? Thanks, Ed

Brokeback Brian!!!! Aint heard-a you round these parts in a dogs year....