Sunday 2/12/06 - Eddies place - his seat covers

Togo

***EDIT*** updating first post because this has become the main thread for eddies' seat swap on sunday feb 12

from eddies original post

How about 10am? I'll provide lunch for anyone that's interested in assisting, supervising, watching or just bs'ing.

My house is at 13831 N. 30th St. (6 houses north of T-Bird on 30th St.) and my cell is 602-540-2342.

that's EDDIES cell phone - NOT MINE!

so i'll be changing headlights and eddie and a few others will be changing his seat coverings, so plenty of heckling will be available! :D

i got a headlight out on my 92, so i ordered 2 new ones and got them last week while the car was in the shop

so i want to get them changed out before i get pulled over and get a repair "order"

anyone with a stocked tool box and an empty driveway that can lend a hand?

i'll bring over either donuts or beer (but not both) :D

Sorry, my tools are all packed and I will be out of town. Otherwise you know I would be one of the first to lend a garage and some help.

Maybe Andrew and Melissa can give some space. I think there was talk about a "Corvette Sunday" for some caliper painting. Maybe everyone could hook that all up for one day's worth of Corvette work.

Which car will you be bringing to the GB06 cruise?

Chris bring them over Sunday and I've got the tools. I'll probably be busy on the seats but someone will no doubt give you a hand.

Tim, whats up? You're still sober enough to post? Didn't you hear the Steelers won? :lol:lol

Tim, whats up? You're still sober enough to post? Didn't you hear the Steelers won? :lol:lol

That's why it was only a 3 word response!!! (hic) :drinkers

Chris bring them over Sunday and I've got the tools. I'll probably be busy on the seats but someone will no doubt give you a hand.

Hey guys, thanks for all ther responses - i think Eddies on sunday may be the best bet, as there should be plenty of extra hands (well everyone should at least have 1 as the other should have beer or coffee or donuts!)

Eddie -see ya sunday then!

and which car i will be driving to GB06 will all depend on which cars i HAVE at the time!

i'm starting to get a little irritated - but i'm not gonna go there!

Melissa can lend you her garage & tools too. Looks like we will all be at Eddies though, but if there isn't enough room just let us know, we can fire up the grill too...

Andrew

Eddie, you have your seats out? Going to?

My plan is to pull the seats out on Sat and if I have time I'm going to strip them down then too.

I honestly haven't taken them out yet cause I just love driving the damn thing. I have a Mazda 6 as a daily driver but it just isn't the same! :D

Guest 1FASTC4

Well I was going to ask to stop by just to have peek(embarrassed a bit to invite myself over) but lost the bolt infront of cylinder #1 on the headers today so I'll be changing the header gasket....not a major project really... just another pain.

I heard the exact second the gasket gave..... southbound on the 51, cruising blissfully along... knew immediately what the sound was......heart sank.

Well I was going to ask to stop by just to have peek(embarrassed a bit to invite myself over)

Everybody understand that these Corvette Saturdays / Sundays are what make ACE great! Everybody is welcome stop by and learn a little, teach a little or just BS. We all know a little bit about Vettes and related mechanical jobs but combined we're experts! :lol

Anybody and Everybody is welcome if you want to learn how Vette seats or headlights are done. :thumbs

Well I was going to ask to stop by just to have peek(embarrassed a bit to invite myself over)

Everybody understand that these Corvette Saturdays / Sundays are what make ACE great! Everybody is welcome stop by and learn a little, teach a little or just BS. We all know a little bit about Vettes and related mechanical jobs but combined we're experts! :lol

Anybody and Everybody is welcome if you want to learn how Vette seats or headlights are done. :thumbs

heck - if you're goiing to change that gasket - might as well drive it over to eddies and do it - at least you'll have several extra hands and more people to laugh at you when you bust your knuckles open!

i'm sure eddie wouldn't mind and i bet he's got the tools you need!

Eddie?

Mentioned in the other "caliper" post - I'll swing by to look in on the frakas. :thumbs

...with the popcorn! :smilelol

Mentioned in the other "caliper" post - I'll swing by to look in on the frakas. :thumbs

:huh

WTF are you talking about?

You're certainly welcome to come on over Sunday and fix the gasket. It would no doubt be a better job with all the supervision that will be around. I've got tools to do just about anything short of a complete rebuild.

every good show requires popcorn...doesn't it? :D

every good show requires popcorn...doesn't it? :D

true, but what caliper thread?

and who/what is a frakas?

Just put the Sylvania silver stars in ours 2 months ago. Small hands and major flexibility is required! Not a bad task overall and the results are better than stock, don't expect to much and you will be pleased!

Guest UVETTYA
Just put the Sylvania silver stars in ours 2 months ago. Small hands and major flexibility is required! Not a bad task overall and the results are better than stock, don't expect to much and you will be pleased!

I really don't drive that much at night, but any improvement will help. I put them in my '01 Grand Prix and it made a noticeable difference.

I do have small hands, but everything else is HUGE! :D

Steve