Drag Racing Fast List

HOXXOH

7 hours ago, NicD said:

I think most do private track rentals to avoid the riff raff of a typical friday night crowd where people drive through the water box, torn up track surface, and wait in line for 2 hours to make a single pass.  The added benefit being that you don't need half of the money grab crap safety equipment that the NHRA requires at their tracks.  The whole 2 years expiry on belts, blankets, etc is total garbage.  Whether somebody cares about the other things like a full cage, etc is their problem and none of my business just as it is none of yours so I don't see how it's even an issue.  I personally like having the safety equipment in my faster one which is why I have an 8.50 cert cage in the C6Z but I'm certainly not doing that in my daily C7Z that is in the 9s.

Who cares if somebody trailers their car or not?  Does it affect you in some way that I'm not aware of?  If you had a trailer that you could throw your car on to avoid general wear/tear and expensive gas, tires, etc would you not use it especially if a track is many hours away with the chance of breaking something?  See I have a trailer for that very purpose, sure i could drive to the track and make my passes and drive home like I've done more times than I can count but at this level things get expensive quick and this way I can just have it ready to go and not swap out tires, etc.

Everybody I talk to knows exactly what DA is, especially those who actually take their cars to the track.  Actually I don't think I've ever talked to somebody who was talking about their track times and didn't know what that was.  I don't care about your passes, I was referring to another guy that took back the factory blower record from us and did it with some serious negative DA, but of course he wasn't talking about the DA then.

Like I said, I would love to see you come out to our private track rental.  If you are interested I can forward you the information.

I'm going to respond for the last time. Please read my updated post #1 for details that may or may not apply to you or anyone else.

In response to your track rental offer, I'll pass on that. I've run down in Tucson several times and don't much care to go there again. I'm not sure I'll continue racing either. The Indians have no clue how to run WHP, nor do they hire a manager who does. The track is a PITA for them to deal with and if it wasn't for the NHRA division 7 and the AZ nationals, they'd bulldoze to whole place. My last pass there was March 17, 2017. Six days later RR Bob (RIP), my racing buddy, and I went to Irwindale to race and Bob kissed the wall which killed his car. I haven't been to a track since then. The County supervisors got in a pissy mood in 2013 and shut down Speedworld and it is turning into dust with no value to anyone. The attitude in the 5th largest city in the country is reminiscent of the early 1950's, as in no one cares to deal with it. I've raced at 10 tracks that don't exist anymore and 3 of them were in AZ.  Of the other 13 tracks that are still active, some of those may be closing soon. I've run at 5 different National events and won at 4 of them. Held 3 National records and several track records.  Of the 61 cars I've owned, 13 of them have been down that 1/4 mile, even though I took a  28 year break from racing.

The bottom line is that I'm kinda burnt out, however there are still a few tracks I still want to try before I call it quits. 

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HOXXOH

• FNBADAZ06

• Desertdawg

• NachosZO6

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here’s my latest. I’m not posting after this until I hit 11.5s.  same info as above  today wildhorse new converter this week.  DA 4800 fun day. 

I guess I never posted here when I had my C5, so let's start now! First Name Dwayne Year, 2008 Model, A6 coupe Factory performance items, Z51 Aftermarket performance modifications, LS7 manifolds, cat

Just for Victor     First Name - Mike Year - 2006 Model - Z06 Factory performance items - LS7, Stock T56, Factory Mild to Wild Exhaust, Black Paint Aftermarket perfo

Posted Images

10 hours ago, HOXXOH said:

I'm going to respond for the last time. Please read my updated post #1 for details that may or may not apply to you or anyone else.

In response to your track rental offer, I'll pass on that. I've run down in Tucson several times and don't much care to go there again. I'm not sure I'll continue racing either. The Indians have no clue how to run WHP, nor do they hire a manager who does. The track is a PITA for them to deal with and if it wasn't for the NHRA division 7 and the AZ nationals, they'd bulldoze to whole place. My last pass there was March 17, 2017. Six days later RR Bob (RIP), my racing buddy, and I went to Irwindale to race and Bob kissed the wall which killed his car. I haven't been to a track since then. The County supervisors got in a pissy mood in 2013 and shut down Speedworld and it is turning into dust with no value to anyone. The attitude in the 5th largest city in the country is reminiscent of the early 1950's, as in no one cares to deal with it. I've raced at 10 tracks that don't exist anymore and 3 of them were in AZ.  Of the other 13 tracks that are still active, some of those may be closing soon. I've run at 5 different National events and won at 4 of them. Held 3 National records and several track records.  Of the 61 cars I've owned, 13 of them have been down that 1/4 mile, even though I took a  28 year break from racing.

The bottom line is that I'm kinda burnt out, however there are still a few tracks I still want to try before I call it quits. 

That's too bad.  I'm thinking maybe I should create another 1/4 mile list with more "advanced" info such as DA, etc to give people who want more information a better idea of what it took to run the number listed.  I mean since you are burnt out and all and aren't racing anymore.

• 1 year later...
aenigma

Here’s my best so far as of last week. I was trying for 11s, I was sure that run would happen until the alternator died in the staging lanes. Hopefully I’ll be posting my 11s the weekend after next.   The new torque converter may be in by then. The launch is boring. 

The DA was 4000 since that seems to be an argument on this thread. 😂

E5E1BBE0-08C5-4C12-B75E-619F796037B2.jpeg

owned by me. 
77 vette

383, hyd roller, 200-4R tranny

wild horse pass

9/12/20

• Like 1
aenigma

Here’s my latest. I’m not posting after this until I hit 11.5s. 
same info as above 

today

wildhorse

new converter this week. 
DA 4800

fun day. 

ACFF7927-7AFE-4267-B4BB-A06D569748FD.jpeg

• Like 2
aenigma
3 hours ago, Buccaneer said:

Nice going Mo! Another fast C3. :thumbs

thank you! 
———————-

and in response to some of the earlier mean spirited comments I’ve read, how about only active members and past active members make posts. You know, people who actually have shown up at a point and got to know the members. 
All the bragging in the world doesn’t matter when most don’t know you and have never met you, and all you ever talk about is how fast you are.  
I enjoy hoxxoh and Mrs Hoxxoh’s company, and Buccaneer and a lot of other members here. I love hearing about what they’re doing, and love seeing them and talking about cars, along with a ton of other people here. 
But to come in a forum and trash a man who started a fun thread and who is loved by all, that makes it no longer fun to read. 
I could care less if a friend here (they are my friends now) does an 8 or 15. If they are happy they made a pass, I’m just as happy for them as they are. It’s a fast list, lots of joy goes into drag racing and having fun. The testosterone of “my car is faster so I’m better and you’re a liar” in the posts is just stupid and has no place in my opinion. 

• Like 1