window regulator adjustment

Guest schmidty

Guest schmidty

the windows dont work right since the removal and re install after the paint. we replace the seals and weather stripping . they bind and the pitch seems to be off as they wont allow the door to close tight when windows are up. i think i can do this adjustment myself, but i got a price from max for 150 to do the work. any advice is appreciated.

post-1292-1261138418.jpg

Great looking C3 ... Buc (Tom) may have some insite as he just completed weather stripping as well ..... :thumbs:thumbs

A $150 bucks to adjust your windows seems like a lot. I’d try and adjust them yourself first. Take it from experience it can be time consuming and frustrating and just when you think you have it, you don’t. Anyway, take your time and you eventually get it.

Bromley's Corvettes

Time will help as the new weater stripping compresses the windows will fit better. If you adjust the windows to fit and get them dialed in you will have to go back and re adjust. Put the windows up all the way and close the doors and let it sit in the sun for a week or two then adjust. Been there done that.