FNBADAZ06's car is in the shop for some new color

FNBADAZ06

Thanks guys....looking like Friday is going to be the completion date. Original roof skin gets pulled from the frame tomorrow, and with any luck, the new carbon fiber roof will get fitted and installed :yeah: The new inner rear fenders came in today, so all I'm waiting on is the new replacement rear glass. The glass installer apparently f'd up when he put the glass in late last week and messed up the rear defroster wiring harness, so another new rear window will need to be installed and the limo tint applied :( I'm starting to go into withdrawals not having my car to drive :P

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FNBADAZ06

• Ted Y

• Bigfoot

• Desertdawg

Been looking at new wheels as well. Can't afford to do them right now, but maybe a little later in the year. I really like the concave style of wheel I have now (factory spiders) so that's the style I have been looking at. I've already got the tires in the garage....P Zereo 285/25/20 and 375/20/21 :yeah:

Some of the style/brands I'm looking at.....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I like the first one too. The last two are okay but get some serious brake dust on em and that shiny scheit is going to look like scheit.

I like teh black with polished. Not a big fan of the all black wheels, even with the red stripe. Can you fit 375's under the stock fenders?

After seeing those pictures, I think you should have it modified for a removable roof panel. Is there any way possible? It would be cool to have a real Z with a removable roof.

Victor, would you buy a camera.... blurry pics of a killer paint job really suck!

Victor, would you buy a camera.... blurry pics of a killer paint job really suck!

...or hold the damn phone still.

:agree Looking sweet Victor, maybe you can get Dwayne to do some photo chop with the wheels before you decide.

I like teh black with polished. Not a big fan of the all black wheels, even with the red stripe. Can you fit 375's under the stock fenders?

Sure can :ok:

Here's a couple gallery shots of the tire package installed....looks freakin' crazy with that much rubber tucked with a 13" wide wheel.....

Posted Image

Posted Image

I really like this setup, but I think I need to talk Oli into doing these wheels and tires on his JSB Z06 :yeah:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Uuhhh...and these look pretty hot as well......

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is a 20/20 setup from a friend on the CF that I've been talking too......been thinking of the carbon fiber on the wheels with black chrome barrels and a red pinstripe :yeah:

His car is gorgeous :yeah:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

After seeing those pictures, I think you should have it modified for a removable roof panel. Is there any way possible? It would be cool to have a real Z with a removable roof.

Very expensive, but it can be done. Several C6 Z06 owners on the CF have performed this upgrade :jd

I know, I know......I have a nice camera but haven't had it with me when I've gone to the shop.

I'll hook up with Hunter to get some beauty shots when she's done....he has "mad"skillz with a camera :yesnod:

Car looks good Victor. We can definitely set up some pics.

I'll hook up with you when you have some free time. You and Kate are welcome to come crash at my casa over the weekend so you can spend some quality time with the Phoenix homies :partydance:

You ever score those black HRE's that cat on CF had for sale/trade ?

Factory ZR1 wheels in black chrome finish sure look 'perty as well........

Posted Image

No the HRE's fell thru the guy wanted to much. Victor that sounds like a plan, we can always score a night at Drews hotel as well. I will be up the weekend of the 16th for the GM vs ford thing.

I hear the drawback to black chrome is that it is softer and more prone to chipping and scratching. Is this true?

wickedfastvette

I hear the drawback to black chrome is that it is softer and more prone to chipping and scratching. Is this true?

I've heard the same thing.

I've had black chrome Z06 style 10 spokes for about a year now and have had the tires replaced on them a few times.

No knicks, scratches etc. You do have to be careful to not scratch them while cleaning off the brake dust though.

Not any different than a chrome wheel IMO.

No the HRE's fell thru the guy wanted to much. Victor that sounds like a plan, we can always score a night at Drews hotel as well.

I will be up the weekend of the 16th for the GM vs ford thing.

let me know.