• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• Eddie44

• Bigfoot

• Marco

This guy has the right idea.

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/81277

According to the DMV plate search site you can still get plates that are combinations of O, 0, Q and D.

Check it out.

That would have been cool but....

hatefotordr wrote:

That doesn't work anymore.

I tried to get a personalized license plate with a series of similar digits and got a call from the license plate people saying that it was an evasive plate.

It's not surprising considering the 'equality for all' mentality of the country these days. I'm surprised they didn't request that you send your car to somebody who doesn't have one because its not your only vehicle. Soon they might suggest something like LETS_ALL_EAT_THE_COLLECTIVE_DUST_OF_EVERYONE. Sorry, Dwayne. That's BS. PC has gone way too far.

I would appeal in writing to the MVD Director. If that didn't work I'd find a friendly lawyer to write a letter threatening a lawsuit. Lawsuits are the only thing government agencies seem to understand sometimes.

Guest Sidewinder

On the application were you required to state the color of the vehicle? If so, maybe that is the actual reasoning of being denied. :2cents

Plus how can a car eat your dust when it's in front of you? :bolt:

I have a good friend who is on the transportation commission which oversees ADOT, but he might have a source. I'll give him a call.

I have a good friend who is on the transportation commission which oversees ADOT, but he might have a source. I'll give him a call.

That's the kind of pressure you need. One thing you learn quickly in government, shit rolls down hill. I'm betting this is some flunky that makes the decisions and if the MVD Director feels pressure he'll change his mind in a hurry.

CFI LUZ Now thats funny cause most owners would probably agree... But remember the lowly CFI was still faster than the California edition 81 with 185 HP.

CFI LUZ

Now thats funny cause most owners would probably agree...

But remember the lowly CFI was still faster than the California edition 81 with 185 HP.

CFI Trivia Fer Ya...Not only over the 81 model year, but from 1973 thru 1981, the lowly 1982 CFI motor was the highest HP engine @200hp for the "base model" engines of those years. The 1984 CFI being 205hp and the 1982 tied the 1972 "base model" engine also @200hp. I'm jus sayin'

Go for it Mike, same (cough cough... bribe) offere still stands!!! :lol

the committee decided that plate displays superiority over other drivers on the road..... :chris

Well, more government stupidity. . . If I were you I would start working my way up the food chain at MVD. An appeal is just the first step. 1) you've already had that plate for years (so your use of the plate was ALREADY APPROVED by MVD; 2) there are MANY other plates out there on the road that could be perceived as "displaying superiority" over other drivers. Is MVD going to parse their records and yank all those plates? If not, they are discriminating against you. In your appeal, you could mention that you feel you are being singled out and discriminated against. If your first appeal through "normal" channels doesn't work, I would complain directly in writing to the director of ADOT. From there, if you don't get satisfaction, you can complain directly to the governor. I would. . .

I hadn't thought about it but you ordered the "Golden Rule" plate. I wonder if this is MVD's way of denying those because they are so hard for photoradar to read?

I hadn't thought about it but you ordered the "Golden Rule" plate. I wonder if this is MVD's way of denying those because they are so hard for photoradar to read?

THAT is certainly plausible. . .

Yeah I tried for the golden rule plate, but they told me I will have to reapply for a regular plate now too, and the ETMYDST probably won't get appreoved for the sasme reason... I got my denied letter today, so I will send the appeal off on Monday... I have some good ammunition ready to fire at them, we'll see if it does any good!

• 2 weeks later...

Today Kim was at the In n Out at Tatum and Cactus for lunch. As she was leaving she saw a Ferrari leave the drive-thru with the plate "NMYDUST". Interesting huh?

Here's the letter of appeal I sent in.... Dear Sirs, I wish to appeal the decision that was made on my request to change my personalized plate from the regular issue AZ plate to the Golden Rule plate. I have had the letters ETMYDST (eat my dust) on my corvettes for over 8 years, I decided to show my support for Arizona schools that promote the Golden Rule and now you have taken my plate away completely. When I called the number listed on my notice I was told by the person that answered that my plate was denied because it was deemed to promote a superior attitude over other cars on the road. I originally requested ETMYDST (eat my dust) because of the amount of dust that always seem to accumulate on my corvettes, I do not have a garage to park in and my carport is a dust bowl. My wife drives our corvette everyday to work, and I drive it for all of our club events and neither of us has ever heard anyone complain about our plate. If you have any complaints against my plate on file then I would like to be notified of them and the dates they were submitted. According to ARS 28-2406. Personalized special plates The department may refuse to issue or may suspend, cancel or revoke any combination of letters or numbers or any combination of letters and numbers that carries connotations that are offensive to good taste and decency, any combination that is misleading or any combination that duplicates other plates. ETMYDST is not offensive to good taste or decency. After 8 years, please allow me to use ETMYDST(eat my dust) with the Golden Rule plate on my corvette. Thank you for your time, They meet today but I probably won't hear anything until the end of the month!

Here's the letter of appeal I sent in....

Dear Sirs,

I wish to appeal the decision that was made on my request to change my personalized plate from the regular issue AZ plate to the Golden Rule plate. I have had the letters ETMYDST (eat my dust) on my corvettes for over 8 years, I decided to show my support for Arizona schools that promote the Golden Rule and now you have taken my plate away completely.

When I called the number listed on my notice I was told by the person that answered that my plate was denied because it was deemed to promote a superior attitude over other cars on the road. I originally requested ETMYDST (eat my dust) because of the amount of dust that always seem to accumulate on my corvettes, I do not have a garage to park in and my carport is a dust bowl.

My wife drives our corvette everyday to work, and I drive it for all of our club events and neither of us has ever heard anyone complain about our plate. If you have any complaints against my plate on file then I would like to be notified of them and the dates they were submitted.

According to ARS 28-2406. Personalized special plates The department may refuse to issue or may suspend, cancel or revoke any combination of letters or numbers or any combination of letters and numbers that carries connotations that are offensive to good taste and decency, any combination that is misleading or any combination that duplicates other plates.

ETMYDST is not offensive to good taste or decency.

After 8 years, please allow me to use ETMYDST(eat my dust) with the Golden Rule plate on my corvette.

Thank you for your time,

They meet today but I probably won't hear anything until the end of the month!

And the Reply:

We're sorry to tell you we're unable to meet your request because...

YOUR CAR IS ORANGE!