Speedworld tonight, Saturday November 28, 2009

FNBADAZ06

I'm going to take the opportunity to go to Speedworld tonight one last time before the December 5 Corvette Challenge to get one more practice session in for my launches. Anyone else interested, I'll see you out there at 6:00 p.m. p.s. I'll cover my VIN tag to outwit those pesky GM Reps :smilelol

Yeah Baby :yeah:

Another new PB at 11.54@125.35 on a 1.7451 60'

DA = 1841 which equals a corrected...

Stock and Mildly Modified Naturally Aspirated Engines

11.298 @ 128.092 MPH

Ran a faster 60' at 1.7329 but the track was going away and had wheel spin on the 1-2 shift (with 295/45/17 MT DR's :o )...11.69@125.52

That might have been my 11.49 I am looking for....oh so close :)

That's what I'm aiming for....matching or surpassing any of the magazine times and running at the NHRA rule limit for cars without a roll cage, which is 11.49 . I've gone to Speedworld enough times that they told me that if I run faster, but general around that 11.49 within a few hundredth's, they would still allow me to run my car without the cage. I'm hoping with some real cool air and a refining of my launch I can hit my goal without any mod's besides my CAI and DR's. I know I would easily hit my goal with a tune, but I'm not interested in giving up my warranty. Each time I've gone out I've knocked a good .12 - .15 off my ET......maybe the Corvette Challenge event next week will be the day, if I don't get eliminated by the dialed in Bracket racers :P

Good work dude! :burnout

I'm sure when I see you and all the other modded cars go down the track, the mod bug will hit real hard :lol

I must resist the temptation :smilelol

Nice numbers Victor and nice drivin!

EDIT: Do you remember about what time of day the track started to go away?

Mark,

It was around 10:00 p.m.

They had the Olds/Pontiac races earlier that day, so the track had been prepped for that mornings races, but nothing was done to the track for the Friday Night Drag stuff. A few rain drops started falling around 9:30 p.m. but stopped after a few minutes, but i'm sure that didn't help any.

Before we began running last night, i walked the starting line and noticed real quick that the track did not have it's normal sticky feel.

How were your RT's ?

Wasn't concentrating so much on the tree as I was with getting the throttle/clutch release for my launches.

RT were probably averaging .17-.19 , but I got a new 60' of 1.7259 which get's me 11.50's @125+MPH .

11.5800@125.24 with a 1.7259 60'...RT .1703

DA = 2528 @ 1:55 p.m. , corrects to

11.234 @ 129.184 MPH

I think I'm now ready to get my arse handed to me for next week's Corvette Challenge by all the modified cars :smilelol

Great times Victor, but the 4 hour notice isn't enough time for anyone else to plan on showing up!

Yeah, I know.....wasn't planning on going since I was originally going to stay in Tucson for the weekend.

JNMMotorsports

How were your RT's ?

Wasn't concentrating so much on the tree as I was with getting the throttle/clutch release for my launches.

RT were probably averaging .17-.19 , but I got a new 60' of 1.7259 which get's me 11.50's @125+MPH .

11.234 @ 129.184 MPH

I think I'm now ready to get my arse handed to me for next week's Corvette Challenge by all the modified cars :smilelol

Now that's movin. Congrats on the new best. :banannadance:

How were your RT's ?

11.234 @ 129.184 MPH

Thanks, John. :ok:

You coming out to play this Saturday ? Someone told me that you might be having a fuel pressure issues after going full boost ?

JNMMotorsports

How were your RT's ?

11.234 @ 129.184 MPH

Thanks, John. :ok:

You coming out to play this Saturday ? Someone told me that you might be having a fuel pressure issues after going full boost ?

I might come out but not sure yet.