Let's support Steve and Stacy (1FASTC4)

Eddie44

Steve just advised in another topic that friends are having a carwash on Feb 25th. For those of you that don't know they are expecting sextuplets (yes 6 babies). They are going to need alot of things but I'm sure what they will need most is $$$.

I would like to suggest that we all get together and make it out there for the carwash. I know, I know! Most of us won't get our babies washed but we can make a showing of support with a donation and have a great lunch. If we get enough of us it might draw in some lookers that will get their cars washed.

He says it will probably be at Chick-fil-A at Bell and Grand. It would be fun to met elsewhere and caravan in.

Anyone else interested? :thumbs

EDIT: I totally forgot the diaper thing. I saw the first Channel 3 piece and they calculate that with 6 little bottoms to diaper they'll need $1000 a mo for diapers. Please bring diapers (any and all amounts) in addition to cash donations if you so desire.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eddie44

• Desertdawg

• Togo

• P51tj

This is a good one to help Steve with, I will put in a request for a kitchen pass.. :thumbs

Guest 1FASTC4

Wow, thanks Eddie! I'm touched at the thought. Even if members can't donate anything it would be great to see them, no doubt those beautiful vettes will attract more attention, just like you mentioned. So just by showing up, they would be doing Stacy and I a great service!

FYI all cars are hand washed and chamois dried. I will happily and personally wash any vettes whose owner's desire a wash. The Discovery Health Channel is doing a one hour show on our babies(the kids, not our cars heheheh) and they will be filming that day, as well as channel 3 and other local news gangs I would guess. Also, the folks at KEZ tell me they are planning to do a remote broadcast.

Again, even if members don't have a penny/diaper to spare I would love to meet /see them. I would be thrilled and honored if they just stopped by to say hello!

Our friend, Dana, is the one who came up with the idea and is putting it all together. Her contact info is: cde112@cox.net . Please feel free to contact her if you like. I am always available as well. :)

Steve

You know, besides helping Steve out here, this would be a great opportunity to get the ACE some good publicity ...

Let's see if we can get a good turnout for this one...

Steve, how is parking at, or around the event going to be? Any places we can line up the vettes to show support as a group?

i'm in - and "theoretically" i should have both my vettes by then, i may see if i can get the S/O to drive the black one out for a wash as well - i know that one or both of mine will need a bath!

oh SMITTY - that means i'm gonna need som underhood detail help - i can' have a "showing" with a shiny outside and a dirt "mouth" :D

Not really into washing cars.... But I can donate cash... How much would you normally get for lets say 4 washes...and put me down for that.....

I dont want to see ANY of you ACE guys in a speedo.....

Guest 1FASTC4

"I dont want to see ANY of you ACE guys in a speedo....."

Rofl.

We don't need help washing the cars. We need cars to get washed.. or at least gorgeous vettes to show up and draw the attention of the folks in the area. Would be nice to have lunch w/ the A.C.E crew.

Since this is the weekend after Gila Bend I'm sure most of our cars will need a bath. Sounds like a good time. This will be good practice for Steve washing "babies".... ours, before he starts the never ending cycle of baby baths. :willy See you all out there, Robert :burnout:burnout Where should we meet and what time?

I can not make it up on that date. I have tickets to the NHRA Nationals that weekend and my parents are coming all the way from Tenn. to visit with us and go to the races.

Here is what I will do though. Once I get the shirt business transfered over to Phil, and figure out what web site bills have and have not been payed, I will take any extra money that is sitting in the ACE coffee can and donate on behalf of the entire group. It may not be much, I don't know as of yet. Tracy and I will also contribute some $$ as well.

Let us know where you want contributions sent or if you have a Pay Pal account to do it that way.

Damn, you guys are out in the boonies!!

It's a good thing there is a hOOters right down the road!! :rolf:rolf

I have no problem coming out for a couple hours!!

If the ladies are gentle, they can wash my car for the cameras!

Hell, if they are cute and I can take pics, they can play 'Photo Chics'!!

Ken

Yes, I am a dirty old man!! :D :thumbs

oh SMITTY - that means i'm gonna need som underhood detail help - i can' have a "showing" with a shiny outside and a dirt "mouth" :D

Just bring that dirty lil b%tch on over and we will wash that mouth out with soap!!! :D Just to clarify, I AM talking bout your car!!!

Just bring that dirty lil b%tch on over and we will wash that mouth out with soap!!! :D Just to clarify, I AM talking bout your car!!!

:willy you kind had me worried a lil'

:smilelol

Glad you clarified that! :eek For a minute I thought you were talking about the new GF. I thought we were going to have an ACE smackdown right here.

We ought to schedule a Sat or Sun affair. I've always had trouble cleaning the engine compartment too. I get scolded everytime Mr Mofo sees mine. But then he buffs his by hand. :huh

NOW BACK TO OUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED THREAD! LET'S HELP STEVE & STACY!

3,503 lbs of trouble

I added this event to the calendar, but can someone give me exact details. I need time, address and anything else vital to making it easy for people to want to show up.

Guest 1FASTC4

Hey all. The car wash is going to be on the 25th form 11:00 AM to 2:00 Pm on the 25th at the Chick-fil-A on Bell road just west of Grand Ave. I hope to see you there!

Edit : We were on channel 10 news at 5 today. Dave Muncey the weather man came down to meet Stacy. She's a big fan of Dave's. Anyone interested could catch a rebroadcast on ch14. I should take this opportunity to tell you that they mention we are having quints. They use this term because one of our babies unexpectedly died recently. Although we do not want to discount the baby we lost, his name was Brett, it would have made a complicated and not so light hearted story to explain what happened. It's a painful subject but one we do not want to sweep under the carpet. Brett was with us for 25 weeks and he will always be part of our family.

Steve,

I hope this is the one and only time I have to say sorry to you, Thats some sad news about Brett :angelsad:angelsad:angelsad

I will be sending out an email to all of ACE about your status and the car wash real soon... :thumbs

Guest XLR8TNC5

Steve and Stacy,

I would like to send my condolensesas well. Im sorry you lost Brett. My best to you both and heres wishing to the best of health for the QUINTS!!!

Tanya

one of our babies unexpectedly died recently. Although we do not want to discount the baby we lost, his name was Brett, it would have made a complicated and not so light hearted story to explain what happened. It's a painful subject but one we do not want to sweep under the carpet. Brett was with us for 25 weeks and he will always be part of our family.

Really tugs on my heart strings. Prayers for Brett and the others.

KnK