Waxing clinic!

Guest Kens06

Sometime last spring Ed was going to have a combination exhaust change/Zaino instructional gathering at his house. He proceded to put the catback system on all by his lonesome and the Zaino class was forgotten!!

I just washed my car since I had to work this morning and missed a very cool ride with Ed :cuss , and noticed I don't have any wax left on my car :(

I guess what I'm asking is if anyone wants to get together for a waxing 'How To' clinic.

I don't know where to start with a black car!!

I missed the Maguires (sp??)class that Dwayne went to!

I want fast i.e. orbital buffer, if I'm alone, but with others it could be a fun afternoon outing!!

I have had two different detailers make the car look like crap and payed for it!!

The last option would be if anyone knows a GOOD detailer that comes to the house and the end result looks correct??

Just a thought

Ken

Ken, I'll volunteer the house if someone else knows a detailer. I'm in NE Phx but it's about equal distance between our western folks and the s/e valley.

I don't know any detailers that come to the house and do a good job, not anyone that I have used.

I do have an idiot proof orbital that I can let you use if you supply the wax / polish. I also have a handout and what I have learned at the Mequiar's clinic as well.

If you or Eddie want's to host the party, I can supply the buffer.

We just need a date. Take a look at the calendar before picking a date.

You can add the item to the calendar if you want. The calendar is open for ANYONE to use.

Well, guess what just popped up on the Meguiar's forum????

They are having another "Free" clinic on Dec 11th.

2banner_arizona_1211.jpg

Date: Saturday December 11th

Time: 8:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M.

Place: Islands Community Center 825 S Islands Drive West Gilbert, AZ

Clinic Cost: Free!

Taught By: Mike Pennington - Meguiar's Corporate Director Training - Irvine, CA

Here's a link to the thread,

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showt...=&threadid=3354

You have to sign up as a member of the Meguiar's online forum to be put on the list. If your interested, get on the list of 50 people before it fills up again.

I also think there are a couple of mobile detailer's registered on Meguiar's, I will send a link to of this thread to them.

• 3 weeks later...

I also contacted one of the members on the Meguiar's forum that is a professional detailer about maybe having a meeting with the ACE. He sounded positive, so we can pursue it if you guys are interested in this also...

Detailer? All you need is a clay bar and some Zaino. The clay bar process goes pretty quick if your car was a garage queen like mine. Although I did the daily driver and it didn't take that long. The secret with a good wax job is to put it on and take it off with back and forth strokes rather than swirling it on and off.