• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• Bigfoot

• Tim

• wickedfastvette

I'm still waiting for reponses regarding the date, but so far there are 25 that are interested from AZ F-Body Assoc, AZ Desert Goats, and AZ All Gens. Is there a running list or total from ACE?

I counted about 18 here on ACE! I sent another email to Derrick about the date and to confirm the inclusion of convertibles.

Dawg...My son (Marcus) and I will BOTH be driving "KILLER" at this event so please count us as 2 drivers/one car (i.e. 2 entry fees). BTW...He and I just finished the SCCA Autocross/Solo school this past weekend! Convertibles are allowed, need helmut, secure battery(normal mount), floormats removed and no junk in the trunk, glovebox or console. Extra air in the tires is also highly recommended if you don't have the stiff walled runflats.

Thanks Mikey! We are confirmed for the 9th of January, we are still working out the details for start time and cost. Verts are allowed, and you WILL need a helmut for all cars (we haven't found loaners yet) More info to follow soon!

Is it some kind of special helmet that we will need or can we use a motor cycle helmet?

The same helmet you use on the short bus......

wickedfastvette

Is it some kind of special helmet that we will need or can we use a motor cycle helmet?

The same helmet you use on the short bus......

Oh well I'm covered then!

This is a go!!!! :banannarainbow: Jan. 9th Firebird lot #4 7:00AM Gates Open 7:15AM Registration and Tech Inspection Open 8:30AM Course closed for walking - Registration and Tech Inspection Closed 8:45AM Driver's Meeting (Required) 9:00AM First car starts Cost: $3100.00 If there are 40 drivers then it's $77.50 per driver! (we will adjust the cost that morning) Everyone will have to sign a waiver at registration! Helmets are required! (no loaners, so if you don't have one get with someone to share) Convertibles are allowed! Registration will assign car number and waiver to sign, Cash is nice since there will be no banks open there! (PM if this is a problem) Tech inspection will check for loose items, battery secured, all lugnuts on and tight, helmet, seatbelts etc.etc. REMEMBER, this is a fun autox, we don't have timing equipment so a stopwatch will be used, and don't expect it to be accurate :lol A couple of volunteers will be needed for registration, tech, timing, recording times. Please help if you can so everyone gets some seat time. We will run in groups with a small break in the action to transition to the next group, and give workers time to get whatever done! This is our first autoX so I'm sure there will be some problems, if you can help at all then let us know! Ruben (meanC6) please forward this info to the other clubs and let me know of any questions or concerns! Also their confirmed list of member would be nice! Please see the first post for the list of ACE members attending:

First post updated.... Please let me know of any concerns or questions! I sent Derrick a course I drew up, should be fun!!!

Great job Desert Dawg, Sounds great and I have two helmets that I am going to bring so when I am not using them they are up for grabs...

I'll probably leave my house before 5 to setup the couse and whatever else needs checked!

I sure hope everyone shows up, I'm going to pay the $3100.00 tomorrow and the wife is just a little worried!! I told her ACE was good for it!!! :lol Ruben, make sure you let the other clubs know that we are ( I AM ) counting on them too!!!

I sure hope everyone shows up, I'm going to pay the $3100.00 tomorrow and the wife is just a little worried!!

I told her ACE was good for it!!! :lol

Ruben, make sure you let the other clubs know that we are ( I AM ) counting on them too!!!

We can always take it out of the treasury account. Who manages that btw???

:FaShizzle:

I manage it, I counted all the change in the cookie jar and it wasn't nearly enough!