ACE AutoX @ Firebird

Desertdawg

I have been talking with Derrick at Firebird to setup an autoX. No date has been set yet but the details are coming in.

This will not be a competition, we are trying to do a fun day where everyone that goes can learn how to drive their ride and not worry about PAX times or having to work the course.

Firebird safety crew will also provide a safety inspection/tech for us so no one is out there missing lugnuts of flying batteries.....

Here's your chance to spend the day learning what it means to stick your cheek to the side window in a turn, or get your eyes to almost detach under braking without hitting anything worse than an orange cone if you screw up!

Jan. 9th Firebird lot #4

7:00AM Gates Open

7:15AM Registration and Tech Inspection Open

8:30AM Course closed for walking - Registration and Tech Inspection Closed

8:45AM Driver's Meeting (Required)

9:00AM First car starts

Cost: $3100.00 If there are 40 drivers then it's $77.50 per driver! (we will adjust the cost that morning)

Everyone will have to sign a waiver at registration!

Helmets are required! (no loaners, so if you don't have one get with someone to share)

Convertibles are allowed!

Registration will assign car number and waiver to sign, Cash is nice since there will be no banks open there! (PM if this is a problem)

Tech inspection will check for loose items, battery secured, all lugnuts on and tight, helmet, seatbelts etc.etc.

REMEMBER, this is a fun autox, we don't have timing equipment so a stopwatch will be used, and don't expect it to be accurate lol.gif

A couple of volunteers will be needed for registration, tech, timing, recording times. Please help if you can so everyone gets some seat time.

We will run in groups with a small break in the action to transition to the next group, and give workers time to get whatever done! This is our first autoX so I'm sure there will be some problems, if you can help at all then let us know!

Ruben (meanC6) please forward this info to the other clubs and let me know of any questions or concerns!

* = confirmed

List of ACE members attending:

* Desertdawg - Me and jammye

* Bigfoot - Sean

* wickedfastvette - Cherye

* AZ-gold - John

* MeanC6- Ruben

* Sidewinder - Mark + 1 maybe

* F22trainer - Michael + a couple of maybe's

* Tim - Tim

* C6speed - Cale

* TheCMSH - Jim

* 1jester - Mike

* Mikey - Mikey + 1

* Marco - Marco

* 06yumavette - Tom

* Wishbone - Robert

* DuzTenz - Nick

* Sunstroked - Kevin

* EUDLOSE - Dave

* AnMracing - a 2fer

* BubbaThaLuva - Branden

* Kens06 - Ken

* Dean - Dean

Maybe's

Phill's Vette - PhillB

Big Poppa - Chris

Quicktrip - Robert

Dewey - Duane

jagoff - Pete

cannondale5050 - Adam

Larry Petrucci

Please list # of drivers # of spectators...

We need to be able to figure the cost to drive!

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• Bigfoot

• Tim

• wickedfastvette

I'd be interested as well, but... Why not a competition? PAX times were always my specialty.

That's pretty cool, I'm very interested since the Chump Car even got cancelled due to very low team entries. I gotta say, I'd rather pay $100 and have only 40 cars or $80 and have 50 cars than paying $50 and having 80 cars. Id like to have enough seat time to enjoy :)

Guest Sidewinder

That's pretty cool, I'm very interested since the Chump Car even got cancelled due to very low team entries.

I gotta say, I'd rather pay $100 and have only 40 cars or $80 and have 50 cars than paying $50 and having 80 cars. Id like to have enough seat time to enjoy :)

X2

I have been talking with Derrick at Firebird to setup an autoX. No date has been set yet but the details are coming in.

It's going to cost about $4000 to use the skid-pad and parking paddock for the day, plus the timing equipment and safety crew. We figure that 70 to 80 drivers at $50.00 or so each will cover the cost, and the AZFBA group is interested in participating also.

This will not be a competition, we are trying to do a fun day where everyone that goes can learn how to drive their ride and not worry about PAX times or having to work the course.

Firebird safety crew will also provide a safety inspection/tech for us so no one is out there missing lugnuts of flying batteries.....

Here's your chance to spend the day learning what it means to stick your cheek to the side window in a turn, or get your eyes to almost detach under braking without hitting anything worse than an orange cone if you screw up!

Post your questions here and me or Derrick will answer them.....

I'm in Dawg.

I would love to attend but the C3 is not set up for a road course :banghead and would definately not pass tech......... We do have a car that is powered by Uncle Ben that can handle the turns though....... :P Andrew

Andrew, bring them both out to run... All the C3 needs is seat belts, tie the battery down, lugnuts, and nothing loose to fly around, you don't have to push it to the limit to have fun... BTW, This isn't a road course, its an autoX, you run around cones in a lot, top speed should be 45mph max, most of the time you will probably be 25 to 35 mph but your going to corner at the max of the tires and brake hard enough to feel the seatbelts....... it's 100% fun!

I'm sure I don't want to run my car on the ZR-1 wheels, especially with those damn adapters on, and it's not likely I will be able to make the rotor / caliper conversion anytime soon to eliminate them. But I would definitely want to give it a try - even with the stock wheels / tires combination I would have a blast.

wickedfastvette

Am really interested....

No buses allowed Chuck :smilelol:smilelol

Especially SHORT buses. :lol

Hey watch it! I ride the short bus!

Am really interested....

No buses allowed Chuck :smilelol:smilelol

Especially SHORT buses. :lol

Hey watch it! I ride the short bus!

In my world - I keep getting run over by the short bus.

I'm in, assuming convertibles are okay? Maybe we should have a few fund raising events to get the auto cross fund started? I think we're going to have a hard time getting that many participants even though we have a million members.

I'm in, assuming convertibles are okay?

Maybe we should have a few fund raising events to get the auto cross fund started? I think we're going to have a hard time getting that many participants even though we have a million members.

:agree Pretty smart, its like you've got an MBA or something.

I would love to attend but the C3 is not set up for a road course :banghead and would definately not pass tech.........

We do have a car that is powered by Uncle Ben that can handle the turns though....... :P

Andrew

Depending on what day it is....

C3 challenge!

Guest racingchester

I bet I have the fastest bus on the track......until the district finds one missing........Good looking car Michael........ :partydance::banannadance::partygrnhat:

It looks like AZFBA has about 18 members showing interest so far. Yes verts are allowed, no roll bar should be needed with the low speeds. I haven't asked Derrick yet but I'm sure a helmut will be required so we'll have to see who has one and if Firebird has any loaners.

I bet I have the fastest bus on the track......until the district finds one missing........Good looking car Michael........ :partydance::banannadance::partygrnhat:

I knew who it was as soon as as I put together the horn was coming from the school bus, then lmao when I saw it was the short bus!

Thanks Chuck - nice to see you - thought you'd be at Ed's Sat... :hijack::wave2: