• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• Bigfoot

• Tim

• wickedfastvette

Where do i sign up?

Say you wanna go, say you're gonna go, then show up Saturday, that's all it takes.

Where do i sign up?

Wow, and he signed up on the forum TOMORROW. Now that's some quick posting!!!

Welcome aboard and to the track. :thumbs

Dwayne, I was wanting my wife Angie come along and have some fun with me, does she have to pay to use my car? How many times do we get to go and play on the playground? I wanted her to get some seat time before next weekends event sense she is going to be participating in it!

Each driver has to pay, but I'm thinking everyone should be able to get at least 10 laps in throughout the day. (I hope it flows that nice anyway) I added Bubba, Ken, a 2fer for AnM and Dean as a go, Robert let me know if your a 2fer also... BTW Jammye is going to have to drive too, my boss is coming from Yuma with his wife and she laid the smack down for Jammye to beat her around the course! They have an SRT8 :lol

List of ACE members attending:

* Desertdawg - Me and jammye

* Bigfoot - Sean

* wickedfastvette - Cherye

* AZ-gold - John

* MeanC6- Ruben

* Sidewinder - Mark + 1 maybe

* F22trainer - Michael + a couple of maybe's

* Tim - Tim

* C6speed - Cale

* TheCMSH - Jim

* 1jester - Mike

* Mikey - Mikey + 1

* Marco - Marco

* 06yumavette - Tom

* Wishbone - Robert

* DuzTenz - Nick

* Sunstroked - Kevin

* EUDLOSE - Dave

* AnMracing - a 2fer

* BubbaThaLuva - Branden

* Kens06 - Ken

* Dean - Dean

Guest Kens06

Quick question Dawg, Which gate will we be using, #Three (3)?? Stupid question but makes it easier once you get there!! Ken

I believe it's gate #3, lot #4 is the big open space between the short track along the west fence and west of the drag strip. Anyone know how to contact Ruben (meanC6)? Or can log on AZFBA or the GTO forums to get a commited count for me?

I believe it's gate #3, lot #4 is the big open space between the short track along the west fence and west of the drag strip.

Anyone know how to contact Ruben (meanC6)? Or can log on AZFBA or the GTO forums to get a commited count for me?

I put a shout out on the AZDG forum for an accurate count.

Andrew

Just a few suggestions for any newbies: No more than 1/2 tank of fuel (there's a brand new Chevron near the entrance if you run low). Be sure to inflate to 40 psi in the tires or you'll be riding on the sidewalls all day (unless you have runflats with stiff sidewalls, then I'd recommend 35 psi). You might consider using Blue Painters Tape on the nose and rocker panels (I'll have the Red Corvette with the Blue "ground effects"). Remove your radar detector, cargo nets, floor mats and center hub caps. Empty the glove box, console and rear storage compartments and have a large bag to hold these items along with your helmuts, chairs and bottled water. Don't just look in front of the vehicle....Look far ahead and plan your line. Enter Gate 3 and pass thru the entry structure and park on the left side of the entry road. Skid pad 4 will be on the right side of the entry road. I hope this helps any newbies.

Thanks for the tips! What is the painters tape for?

Rock chips. Even though there are no huge rocks there is miniscule gravel and at speed it will tattoo your paint.

Rock chips. Even though there are no huge rocks there is miniscule gravel and at speed it will tattoo your paint.

Meh, mine already looks sand blasted. :lol

40 psi??? Are you sure???

Yes Sean, 40 is good, you don't want it much lower because you will be cornering as hard as you can and you don't want to be rolling the sidewalls over. If this was all serious then you would be marking the edge of the tread with shoe polish to see how far on to the sidewall you running and make pressure adjustments between each run. Blue tape is a great idea, tape up behind each wheel to protect the paint. You don't need to do the nose because you will not be following anyone, it's one car at a time.

40 psi??? Are you sure???

For street tires YES. Autocross and most road race tires have stiff enough walls that they don't roll over real bad. Street tires ill roll pretty easy. It's also an easy and cheap trick to use shoe polish on the edges of the tread to set the tire pressure. put 3 or so spots around the tire that go from the edge of the tread towards the center of the tire. run at full psi and you can see real easy how far the tire rolls toward the shoulder. Drop the pressure until the tire rolls right to the edge.

Take all the crap out of your pockets, don't sit on your wallet. Use the cinch feature on the seatbelt. In fact, if you can move the seat back a bit, cinch the belt and then power the seat forward a bit, that's best. Position your body and the steering wheel so that your wrist can touch the top of the wheel with both shoulders pressed into the seat. That gives you far better control. Take out the floormats. Only touch the shifter IF YOU'RE SHIFTING!!! Do not use it to hold on or you will rip it out of gear. Shift and then get your hand back on the wheel. Right away. Don't be afraid to go a bit slow and learn the course and build the speed.

Have a blast. I wish I could have made it.

Ok, here is the list I found on AZFBA,

Interested in participating:

-David (96azhawk)

-Ryan (Meatyshells)

-Val (DesertFox)

-Dustin (z06dustin)

-Joe (Juicdta)

-Will (84camaroz28)

-Tom (Acidburn)

-Terry (Moonshadow)

-Terry's Friend

-Cyrus (Itsadryheat79)

-Matt (matt3383)

Camaro5/AZ ALL GENS:

Itsadryheat79

Alex

az5thgen

DarricSS

Dreamer2430 - Saturday preferance

BrianSS

eric24broncos

AZDG Folks:

Interested from AZDG:

-Bijan + ?

-FattyTuna

-pandora

It seems Ruben MeanC6 hasn't logged on here since the 13th so I'm sending an email to the admins at AZFBA with this rest of this info.

It looks like about 50 drivers, if I guess at maybe 3 don't show up the price is $65.00 per driver, if more show up I'll have to figure out how to get a couple of bucks back to each person. I'm not in this for any profit so any extra will be either donated or will figure out what to do with it. If I come up short then oh well!

Gates Open at 7am, driver meeting is at 8:30 or so, try to get there with enough time to get signed in and tech'd.

EVERYONE has to sign a waiver! Driver's, passengers, spectators... Only drivers have to pay!

Once again $65.00 per driver !!!

If anyone is a member on AZFBA please relay this info the the events thread there. and please keep me posted of any dropouts or new signups!

Andrew, can you post this on AZDG ???

Just a few suggestions for any newbies:

No more than 1/2 tank of fuel (there's a brand new Chevron near the entrance if you run low).

Be sure to inflate to 40 psi in the tires or you'll be riding on the sidewalls all day (unless you have runflats with stiff sidewalls, then I'd recommend 35 psi).

You might consider using Blue Painters Tape on the nose and rocker panels (I'll have the Red Corvette with the Blue "ground effects").

Remove your radar detector, cargo nets, floor mats and center hub caps.

Empty the glove box, console and rear storage compartments and have a large bag to hold these items along with your helmuts, chairs and bottled water.

Don't just look in front of the vehicle....Look far ahead and plan your line.

Enter Gate 3 and pass thru the entry structure and park on the left side of the entry road. Skid pad 4 will be on the right side of the entry road.

I hope this helps any newbies.

Remove your radar detector, cargo nets, floor mats and center hub caps.

? For weight?

I'll bring two chairs, did we find anyone to bring a tent? I'll get a case of water at Costco if someone can bring a cooler and ice. Mine will not fit in the car.

I'll bring two chairs, did we find anyone to bring a tent? I'll get a case of water at Costco if someone can bring a cooler and ice. Mine will not fit in the car.

I have an easy up, I'll have to see if it'll fit in the car

Maybe this was answered already, but does it cost anything to just come out and watch?