How Do You Clean Under The Headlight Lens?

Guest kotarskiz28

Guest kotarskiz28

I have a C6 with foggy headlight lenses. It appears to be moisture on the inside and not fading on the outside. Is there a way to remove the lens, or is it sealed and then would have to be resealed?

Did a little searching, here's what I came up with..... Take it in to the dealer to see if they will confirmed the whole headlight assembly needs to be replaced. The good news is, if it is caused by a bad / defective seal then it is covered by the bumper to bumper warrantee. Saw 2 suggestions on how to fix it..... From the 2006 DVD: The headlights are vented and sometimes moisture gets inside when you wash the car or drive in the rain, this is normal. Turning your headlights on burns it away. or There are air gaps around both high & low beam lamps. If you have moisture (usually humidity condensing on the underside of the lens.) Here's what you can do~ 1. You'll need to remove the access plug on the rear of the housing. 2. Blow inert gas (nitrogen) into the housing via hose. 3. Re-install the access plug with silicone grease (making it air tight.) Blowing dry nitrogen into the housing will replace the wet air that is causing the condensation problem. .

You might just try polishing the outside of the lens with a headlight cleaner anyway. I had fogging on my daily driver that looked like it was inside. I polished the outside on a whim and it all went away to be clear.

Did a little searching, here's what I came up with.....

Take it in to the dealer to see if they will confirmed the whole headlight assembly needs to be replaced. The good news is, if it is caused by a bad / defective seal then it is covered by the bumper to bumper warrantee.

Saw 2 suggestions on how to fix it.....

From the 2006 DVD:

The headlights are vented and sometimes moisture gets inside when you wash the car or drive in the rain, this is normal. Turning your headlights on burns it away.

or

There are air gaps around both high & low beam lamps. If you have moisture (usually humidity condensing on the underside of the lens.)

Here's what you can do~

1. You'll need to remove the access plug on the rear of the housing.

2. Blow inert gas (nitrogen) into the housing via hose.

3. Re-install the access plug with silicone grease (making it air tight.)

Blowing dry nitrogen into the housing will replace the wet air that is causing the condensation problem. .

inert... :smilelol

Plexus plastic cleaner works great on the outside of the lens. :partydance:

Plexus is the shiz-nit. I have some and it works awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for reminding me to not ever get rid of my pop ups :ok:

That is the first thing I noticed about the C6 vs the C5. The C6 has real headlights.

I kind of miss the one headlight up, one headlight down look every now and then. :pensativo:

Yeah, there are damn few C5's that haven't had the wink but very few C6's that have the moisture problem.

yeah, i just still havent gotten used to the C6 headlights... i dont know what it is. ill have a C6 Z06 in a few years... maybe by then ill be used to the lights